Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/26/2006 11:29:13 AM EDT
my wife looks at me in discust as i eat it... but dam is it tasty...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]
disgust.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd give mine 5min on each side for the medium done.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#4]
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#5]

That's a little tooo rare for me.  I like 'em a little crispity on the outside and nice and pink, not too bloody inside.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#7]
1.5 minutes each side, flipped five times max.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Chop off its horns, wipe its ass and serve it up. Rare steaks, mmmmmmm.

Don't forget to wave a candle at it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS

+ 1000
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Y'all are killing me with the whole "i love the blood gushing out when i bite into it..." type of steaks.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#12]
You like it to moo when you stab it, don't you?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Gross

But on my grill that would be well done.

Infra-Red grills kick ass.  

SBG
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I tried out my new Weber mini-charcoal grill yesterday - it is a portable that will tide me over until I can cough up the $700 for the big stainless gas one I have my eye on.

Normally it is supposed to take 4 minutes per side for medium rare, but it took 8 minutes per side until I got 145 degrees internal temp.

Still, it was awesome - bacon-wrapped filet mignon from a local meat market, seasoned with Kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and McCormicks Montreal Steak seasoning.  Potato with butter, salt and pepper, sour cream, bacon bits, and a spring mix salad, plus sauteed mushrooms (shitake, portabello, white, and bella) in garlic and butter, with yellow onions - WOW!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I tried out my new Weber mini-charcoal grill yesterday - it is a portable that will tide me over until I can cough up the $700 for the big stainless gas one I have my eye on.

Normally it is supposed to take 4 minutes per side for medium rare, but it took 8 minutes per side until I got 145 degrees internal temp.

Still, it was awesome - bacon-wrapped filet mignon from a local meat market, seasoned with Kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and McCormicks Montreal Steak seasoning.  Potato with butter, salt and pepper, sour cream, bacon bits, and a spring mix salad, plus sauteed mushrooms (shitake, portabello, white, and bella) in garlic and butter, with yellow onions - WOW!

I *will* kill you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gross

But on my grill that would be well done.

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/scaryblackguns/cherokee_gas.jpg

Infra-Red grills kick ass.  

SBG

How high is the temp on that?

Maybe have to get one of those.  I can only get around 750º out of my Big Green Egg.  1 1/2 to 3 min. per side is the recommended time on it.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I did the rare New York strip certified angus thing yesterday, sure was good.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I *will* kill you.

Sorry
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#19]
got one at BJ's and ask for it cooked as little as possible.
it came out seared on the outside and a cool red center.

YUM!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I *will* kill you.

Sorry

I'm sorry, I didnt mean it.

Tonight, I had a "mcrib patty".  

Our steaks here, are like hydrated beef jerky.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I *will* kill you.

Me too, Unless he invites us over for some good eats!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I *will* kill you.

Me too, Unless he invites us over for some good eats!

I'd have to take a raincheck.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Hand in your man card. Every good grill master knows you ONLY FLIP ONCE!!! It allows the juices to pool up on the top and hold the great flavor.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hand in your man card. Every good grill master knows you ONLY FLIP ONCE!!! It allows the juices to pool up on the top and hold the great flavor.

+1, flip once only...you are not cooking a hamburger!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#25]
That sounds so good I might break into the freezer and pull out a couple steaks...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#27]
If a steak is cooked beyond medium rare, it's garbage.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If a steak is cooked beyond under medium rare, it's garbage.

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Fucking Vampires.
Well done for me, thanks. You can take my man card if you like, but I'm not into eating something I dont like to please someone else.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#30]
When I order I say, "Bring it out, I'll carve off what I want and ride the rest home."

If you need to cook the hell out of it to make it edible, I don't want it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If a steak is cooked beyond under medium rare, it's garbage.

Fixed it for ya.

Shit. If I want Charcoal or Shoe leather, I can buy those without the hassle of cooking them.

Lop its' horns off, wipe its' ass, wave it over a flame for about a minute and serve it up.

I actually had a waitress at Shula's tell me that she'd seen cows hurt worse than my steak recover.

SG

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#32]
A good vet should be able to bring my steak back to life.

If I stick my fork in it, it better twitch.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, flip once only...you are not cooking a hamburger!

+1.  Overflipper!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I like my steaks a little rarer than medium.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
A good vet should be able to bring my steak back to life.

If I stick my fork in it, it better twitch.

I tired it.  I was raised on med/med-well steaks.
So one day I thought I would try it, so I got a good steak and cooked it very rare.  

I ate it.  It was good.  But I like med/med-well better.  It has more flavor from the fire.

I even got a felet minion(sp) on time that was still cold and bleeding in the middle.
I ate it.  I liked it.  But I am sure I would have liked it more if cooked more.

IMHO

To each his own.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#36]
I've been using liberal amounts of Lea & Perrins Worseshitshireshauce.
And a sprinkling of mccormick montreal steak seasoning.

Let that sit in the fridge a few (3-5) hours...

Then I heat up cast iron, coated lightly with olive oil...
real hot so it sears the meat,
Toss in the steak for 3 minutes per side.

Only caveat here is steak thickness... I want it bloody/juicy, but not RAW.

I've been practicing this method alot lately. Theres definitely a couple (1-3) minutes of working room per side, depending on thickness, that still results in good steak... I'm still seeking that perfect balance. The downside... is I miss the burnt, crispy fat.

Regardless, the steak is friggin' amazing cooked this way. I'm not someone who usually likes any sauce or seasonings, I like stuff plain or a little pepper, but now... I guess I'm converted.

My ol' lady can't cook a steak worth half a shit... talk about shoe leather! I've allowed years worth of steaks to go to waste, but now I even have my own spatula.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Friends don't let friends turn a steak more than once.

1.5-3 mins per side, depending on thickness and heat (high heat=better)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Y'all are killing me with the whole "i love the blood gushing out when i bite into it..." type of steaks.

Communist

Real men like their steak rare!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#39]
I prefer mine med-rare to medium.  But I have just recently realized how much of a difference it makes to get steaks that are THICK.  2 inches is about right.  It's almost a roast at that point.  

If you're cooking for two, I say it's better to cook one big steak and split it after cooking than it is to cook two smaller steaks.

Oh, and since this thread is worthless without pics, I found these on GIS.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#40]
rare here

and I let them sit on the counter covered with saran wrap (keep the flies from puking on it)  for 2 - 3 hours before i cook them.

You dont take an almost ice cold steak out of the fridge and throw it on the grill... DAMN, room temperature and a few minutes on each side.  purfeeect
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Why even cook the #$@!%^ thing!!! Eat the thing raw....

Med - Med Well here........
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
rare here

and I let them sit on the counter covered with saran wrap (keep the flies from puking on it)  for 2 - 3 hours before i cook them.

You dont take an almost ice cold steak out of the fridge and throw it on the grill... DAMN, room temperature and a few minutes on each side.  purfeeect

That advice just might help me out!
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Chop off its horns, wipe its ass and serve it up. Rare steaks, mmmmmmm.

Don't forget to wave a candle at it.

Or run it through a warm room.

But I like em medium myself.

TXL
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#44]

Black on the outside and pink on the inside -- just like my former booty-call friend.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Thanks guys now I have to go to the store!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Im really hungry. All i have in the fridge is chuck for stroganoff tonight
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#47]
I like my hamburgers and steaks well done.  That kills all the little crawling things inside.    

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I like my hamburgers and steaks well done.  That kills all the little crawling things inside.    

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif  

Actually hamburgers should be cooked more. The bacteria only lives on the outer surface of a cut of meat. When you grind it up, the bacteria is mixed into the entire hambuger. Since the bacteria on a steak is only on the outside its' OK to eat it rare.

I like to cook my steak so it still MOOs when I cut into it. And only flip it ONCE on the grill.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
disgust.

+1

Medium well or well done for me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top