Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 10:06:19 AM EDT
We went to the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis to see the Monster Trucks, and it was awesome as usual!

Here's a little peek at some of it;

My boy with a flag down his back, and Bounty Hunter in the background;

Me with Tom Meents of Maximum Destruction;

Me with the Gateway Girl (from Gateway race track in Illinois);

GraveDigger doing high-speed doughnuts;

El Toro Loco doing a jump;

Maximum Destruction jumping ove the Bob + Tom truck;

Maximum Destruction jumping cars;
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:54:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Am I the only one here who likes Monster Trucks?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I like to watch them with my son when the Speed Channel has them on
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't want you to feel left out.  I used to be a monster truck fanatic.  The first one I ever saw was Mad Dog.  It had an outboard engine on the back to use in the water and it even had boat registration.  I used to go to every show way back before they raced them and just did wheelies and crushed cars.   My buddies and I would get to the shows 2 hours early and have our folks pick us up an hour after the show was over so we could talk to the drivers and pester them while they loaded up.  I had tons of magazines from the days of Crimson Crusher, Frankenstein, Cyclops, Santanimal...    I have my old matchbox versions of Awesome Kong II (my favorite), BigFoot and Taurus on my shelf along with my battery powered SST Big Foot with the car crush arena.

My wife used to get us tickets to the shows for my birthday until we moved out of town.  I still like to watch them on TV from time to time and I'll probably take my daughter to the shows when she gets a little older.  

I would like to see them race on a big course like in the video games through the desert or in the snow or something cool like that.  I get a little bored watching them drag race in the coloseums.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool! I've been into them since the beginning. I watched as Bob Chandler gradually built the first one, and have been hooked ever since. I don't mean that I watched in his shop or anything, but Jim Kramer lived a few miles from me, and he'd often drive Bigfoot home. He'd also cruise the local White Castle in it. If I hadn't seen the truck for a while I'd drive by his house to see if it was there, and if not I'd drive up to the shop and look through the windows.

Here's Tom Meents at the end of his freestyle run;

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#5]

img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/qwertyup/Vehicles/KDS-w-Gateway-Girl2.jpg

What a small world we reside in.  

She is a natural blond, btw.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:31:23 AM EDT
[#6]
i like to go to them,but the colisiuem here in my opion are to small for them.
would love to go to a huge out store area and watch them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:34:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I took my 5 year old daughter to the Monster truck show here in Calgary on Saturday night.  She thought it was great.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#8]
The Playmore men will be at the Monster Truck show this weekend.
Here's a pic from last summer of my youngest on a Gravedigger fan's bike.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:42:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I had watched them on TV for years and thought I knew what they were about. A couple years ago, I took my race crew to a show, and I was shocked by intensity Those machines are amazing.
My, then, race engineer had never seen/watched the MT's before, and she was fascinated. She took two rolls of picture's of the trucks suspension systems, components and design layouts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:59:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Am I the only one here who likes Monster Trucks?

Yes.

I pass the house of the Predator owner on the way to one of my offices.  Big garage on the back of his house.  His hauler is often in the driveway.  Big is an understatement.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Grave Digger always puts on a good show, then promptly breaks something.  I've never seen Grave Digger complete an entire show in one piece.

The last event ever held in the Astrodome was MonsterJam.  It was awesome.  Freestyle was the last event.  The final competitor (I can't remember which truck) just kept going after his time was elapsed.  He must have run for 7 or 8 minutes solid.  You could smell the transfer boxes from the stands.  When he jumped, you could see parts of the running gear were glowing from the heat.  The entire crowd was on their feet cheering.   It was the best monster truck show I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:03:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Grave Digger always puts on a good show, then promptly breaks something.  I've never seen Grave Digger complete an entire show in one piece.

The last event ever held in the Astrodome was MonsterJam.  It was awesome.  Freestyle was the last event.  The final competitor (I can't remember which truck) just kept going after his time was elapsed.  He must have run for 7 or 8 minutes solid.  You could smell the transfer boxes from the stands.  When he jumped, you could see parts of the running gear were glowing from the heat.  The entire crowd was on their feet cheering.   It was the best monster truck show I have ever seen.

I know. My boys LOVE Gravedigger. Dennis Anderson is THE BOMB here.
They HATE that GD never finishes a show, though.

Ah well....they're the Susan Lucci of the Monster Truck realm, I guess.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Raminator is my neighbor.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/qwertyup/Vehicles/KDS-w-Gateway-Girl2.jpg

What a small world we reside in.  

She is a natural blond, btw.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Sweet.......... I prefer a monster truck that is capable on road and offroad.....

I'd like to be able to drive it to and fro..... trailering it, kind of takes the fun out of it...

Nice rig though....

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Raminator is my neighbor.

I am rewiring Mark's house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top