Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:52:22 AM EDT
Does anyone have a memory foam mattress?  If so, are you pleased with it?  Do you notice a difference in sleeping on it over a standard spring mattress?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#1]
We, wife and I, sleep on a memory foam padding on top of a regular mattress. I would recommend that approach. The padding is sold at Costco.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#2]
There are many offerings. Tempurpedic is expensive but worth it. I have both a 2.5"pad, and a tempurpedic.There are diffrent pound ratings. Tempurpedic IIRC is 5.5 or 5lb strenght/resistance to pressure.There are alot of cheap chinese knock offs that are just that, a peice of cheap foam.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I've replaced my old spring mattress with an Englander foam mattress.  I have got to say, this by far beat any of the other beds I've tried, and I am extremely happy with it.

10 years ago, I fractured one of my lower vertebra and didn't realize the effect a bed can have on your back.  Up until the day I replaced my bed, I  would say my back hurt 6 out of 7 days, since I've replaced it, no joke I've probably hurt 4 times in the last 6 years!!!!

It's totally worth it, I would highly recommend checking out the Englander.  My parents checked out a Sealy, Tempurpedic and a Simmons, and sent them all back after trying out my Englander.

Good luck in whatever you choose!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes    Overstock.com
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a foam mattress online, posted links in this thread.

www.weaponforums.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=438930

Best 1000 bucks I've ever spent was getting that latex+memory foam mattress.

I wouldn't buy a tempurpedic ... you're paying extra for the name. Find a decent place selling real latex and memory foam online and order a hunk.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
We, wife and I, sleep on a memory foam padding on top of a regular mattress. I would recommend that approach. The padding is sold at Costco.

+1.  Ours is from Bed Bath and Beyond.  We love it.

Blake
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I love mine!! I ask it to marry me...but it won't answer me..
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#8]
get it, you will thank us later... it is the best matress I have ever been on. I travel al lot and when I come home I miss my bed so much. and the girly snacks like it too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Tempur-Pedic.  King at home, queen size at our place in Mammoth Lakes.  We are pretty sold on it and people that have stayed at our condo and slept on it liked it.  Had it for 5 years..

These mattresses retain heat so in the summer it might be a little warm for some at night, say in Arizona.  Same if you keep the house cold, it will retain the coolness longer than a typical mattress.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a memory foam matress pad.

It's like sleeping on a cloud of titties.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Wife has a back problem. She had slept on a Tempur-Pedic, liked it and really wanted one. I had my doubts, but...

Wife has decreased symptoms. I find it very comfortable. Seem to sleep better, wake more refreshed, ready to go.

Used to, maybe once a year, I would wake with a stiff neck, or ache somewhere. Has not happened since we got it.    
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Fucker!  You owe me a keyboard!  

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Overstock.com 3"--- The best $100 I've ever spent.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I use a 5" memory pad. It does make a difference!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If this isn't slogan material, I don't know what is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top