Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 12:49:25 AM EDT
Man killed after car breaks down on I-75
February 25 2006
www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-accident25feb25,0,4316497.story?coll=sfla-news-broward
An unlicensed driver struck and killed a man walking along Alligator Alley on Friday, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

The man's car had broken down about 6 a.m. on Interstate 75 near mile marker 49 and he was walking east, said Sgt. Mark Wysocky with the Florida Highway Patrol. He said a box-style truck driven by Rodulfo Velazques, 26, of Immokalee, struck the man and kept driving.

Troopers investigating the crash found the truck abandoned at a nearby rest area and witnesses told them that several men left that truck and jumped in another. They caught up with the driver a short time later near U.S. 27.

Velazques was arrested on charges of leaving the scene of a crash with a fatality and driving with a suspended license. He is being held without bail in the Broward County main jail on an immigration hold.

The victim's identity was not released Friday.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder what an "immigration hold" is Doesn't really matter he should get what's coming to him anyway. This isn't Massachusetts, he will get some time, hopefully in Raiford.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:32:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Very common in San Francisco. Hit-and-runs are now an epidemic. When they finally catch the guys, 9 times out of 10 it's an unlicensed illegal who fled the scene and left the victim there to die.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:35:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations!!!!

youve FAILED to surprise me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Congratulations!!!!

youve FAILED to surprise me.

Yup, hit-and-run deaths at the hands of illegals has become commonplace, they are usually dui too
Soon, kidnapping and underage brothels will be more common in this country, deport the illegals
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
when i drive around here (miami) i am scared to death that some illegal with no insurance is going to run into me and either take off or just leave me high and dry.

Driving should be a privelage of CITIZENSHIP!  Not even legal residents should be allowed to drive in the US until they become naturalized citizens
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Illegal Aliens...the cancer of the U.S.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:24:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
when i drive around here (miami) i am scared to death that some illegal with no insurance is going to run into me and either take off or just leave me high and dry.

Driving should be a privelage of CITIZENSHIP!  Not even legal residents should be allowed to drive in the US until they become naturalized citizens

+1.  South Florida driving is terrifying.  Too many morons on the road.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:29:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Man killed after car breaks down on I-75
February 25 2006
www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-accident25feb25,0,4316497.story?coll=sfla-news-broward

Velazques was arrested on charges of leaving the scene of a crash with a fatality and driving with a suspended license. He is being held without bail in the Broward County main jail on an immigration hold.

Give him some lead boots.
Toss into Lake Okeechobee.
Done deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top