Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2006 10:27:51 PM EDT
I FRIGGIN HATE IT when you are in line at the grocery store or in a store, someone's cell rings and they answer it and start talking real loud??

"HELLO??? .... HEY JOEY HOW THE HELL ARE YOU??? DID THE DEAL GO THROUGH OR WHAT??? NO WAY!!! YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!! OH MAN I WOULD HAVE BEEN SO MIFFED AT THAT ASS!!!... REALLY??? HOW ARE BUFFY AND THE KIDS??? OH, IM FINE>> THE HEMMERROIDS ARE FLARING UP AGAIN..."

Ever say anything to these rude assholes?

Inconsiderate bastards.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been tempted...very tempted.  My time is coming.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Me: Hello?
Me: Why would you ask me that?
Me: Well, OK....it's f-r-i-d-g-e
Me: No prob. Talk to ya later.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Never had that happen, had people using profanity near kids though. Normally just pointing out the kids gets a, "Oh, sorry man. My bad."
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Me: Hello?
Me: Why would you ask me that?
Me: Well, OK....it's f-r-i-d-g-e
Me: No prob. Talk to ya later.

Oh shit... thats cold man... reaaaaal cold!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
just get on your phone, make an imaginary call and say "hey, what's up... (pause)...oh not much, just standing next to some dumbass talking really loud on his cell phone. (pause) Yeah, exactly, one of those people who thinks his conversations are so damn impressive that he feels everyone wants to hear it. (Pause) Well, got to go..'you know who' is looking at me."
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
just get on your phone, make an imaginary call and say "hey, what's up... (pause)...oh not much, just standing next to some dumbass talking really loud on his cell phone. (pause) Yeah, exactly, one of those people who thinks his conversations are so damn impressive that he feels everyone wants to hear it. (Pause) Well, got to go..'you know who' is looking at me."

I'm obnoxious enough to do that... Thank you for the ideas
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Haha... I was studying outside of my school's library when this guy standing about 10 feet from me gets a phone call. He's having a little conversation, then he starts saying stuff like "No, I'm serious! I'm not kidding! I'm telling the truth!" et cetera, over and over again. I'm trying to study, and it's starting to get really distracting, so I'm pretty pissed off. I get up, walk over to him, and yell into the phone, "HE'S NOT FUCKING KIDDING, now get off the damned phone and let me study."
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I LIKE THAT!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate the ones that are walking around talking on the cell phone, with the person on the other end apparently directing their actions.

See it at the supermarket all the time. People get a list, or bring your brain errr friend with you.

Meanwhile the cell phoner is walking up and down the aisle deep in conversation looking for what their controller is telling them to get, oblivious to every other shopper.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#11]
this actually happened to me at work today. I was sitting in a vacant conference room on my break reading "state of fear" and this bitch comes in yapping on her fucking phone. I will not say as to what I wanted to do, but you can imagine...

People have no respect, even when I looked over at her she just smiled back. I got up and left and slammed the door.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#12]
interact with their conversation at their volume level...they'lll move or hang up...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I told some dude to shut up in the library one day...he was talking really loud on his cell phone.  He hung right up and looked quite embarrassed.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#14]
No, I just behead them.
There can be only on.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No, I just behead them.
There can be only on.

Thats a little harsh... But HEY I BET IT WORKS!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:39:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yeah, I leaned forward and cupped my hand behind my ear to give him no uncertain clue that I was listening.

He said, "Do you mind, this is a private conversation."

PUH-LEEZE!!! the SECOND you get a cell phone, there are NO SUCH THINGS as private conversations anymore.

What about the people on cell phones talking on the crapper at work.. Oh THAT is a joy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:41:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Sometimes, the ijjits do give the other party their cell number, though.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

HAHAHA thats great, but you forgot the drawing down part. They always forget to draw down.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:23:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Me and my then girl friend where at a local mall where this guy was doing that rude shit.  Well after a while we relized he was talking to his g/f.  So we got with in range and she (my g/f) started yelling at me to come back ( Come back here baby I want you to do that thing to me again) or some shit like that.  Any way the guys g/f on the other end thought my g/f was some girl he was seeing behind her back.  I think we ruined that relationship there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:35:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Wait, I need to take this call
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:58:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
No, I just behead them.
There can be only on.

But, if you behead them, then they would be "off"

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:04:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
No, I just behead them.
There can be only on.

Or off. Which one is it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:06:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, I just behead them.
There can be only on.

But, if you behead them, then they would be "off"

"On with their heads!"

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:10:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll say something.  But I'm an asshole like that
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:11:23 AM EDT
[#26]
From an observer's standpoint:
What is the difference between Dude#1 talking on a cell to Dude#2 versus talking to him in person?  Either way the observer is not involved in the conversation, but psychologically the guy on the cell phone is having a conversation with someone whom the observer cannot hear and that is the real issue here - most people hate hearing only one side of the conversation...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:13:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
What is the difference between Dude#1 talking on a cell to Dude#2 versus talking to him in person?  Either way the observer is not involved in the conversation, but psychologically the guy on the cell phone is having a conversation with someone whom the observer cannot hear and that is the real issue here - most people hate hearing only one side of the conversation...

Actually, most people hate either side of another party's conversations.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:16:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, most people hate either side of another party's conversations.  

then why do they only complain about cell phones, why not all conversation that does not involve them?

let's say we are at starbucks hanging out having a covnersation - do the observers get mad at us?  (besides the homey chinese guy)
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:28:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

+1 I was going to post something like this. There seems to be some sort of bias against cellphones for some reason.  Just like you said how is it different from a loud obnoxious person talking to someone beside them, or talking to a cell phone.

Just like driving people have something against using a cellphone while driving, yet its more rare to hear people talking about people who drive and try anbd eat, put on makeup, shave, read the paper, etc..

It's always cellphone, cellphone, cellphone. Kinda like how noone seems to care when 8 people get stabbed by someone, but if the get SHOT, it's all "guns are bad..."

Let me make it clear I am not defending unsafe drivers or rude people, just don't single out the ones on cellphones.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#30]
No,  its when loud obnoxious cell phone user is standing RIGHT BEHIND YOU and says HEY !  HOW YA DOIN  ?!?!  and when you turn around they point and silently mouth "CELL PHONE".  After that several times I began to hate all "loud obnoxious cell phone users".

LB

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Cell phone jammer

These are great fun.

By all means people have the "right" to yell down their phone

But

then I also get a "right " to end their call.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:54:46 AM EDT
[#32]
I just stand within earshot and start repeating everything they say. It's amazing, it works like magic. They scurry away like a water buffalo just whizzed on 'em.
~
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Cell phone jammer

These are great fun.

But

No, actually you don't.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:03:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I was going to post something like this. There seems to be some sort of bias against cellphones for some reason.  

Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about, near as I can figure.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#35]
I work at a grocery store in a small town, and inside the cell phone reception is pretty bad. So we have all these assholes shouting on the phone ARE YOU THERE!!! YOU THERE!!! God it pisses me off. They cant hear you any better the louder you yell.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#36]
i hate it when folks are talking on their phones and continue to walk accross a street (even w/ no cross walk) and arnt friggin paying attention to the road!

but yea, loud talkers is annoying too.....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#37]
I do if they're being loud about it. Just yesterday I was at a restaurant with my buddy, shooting the breeze. These 3 chicks walk in talking etc. One of their cell phones  goes off, she answers it, and proceeds to talk at twice her conversational volume... I couldn't hear my buddy because she was talking so loud! This was a decent restaurant.

I cocked my head to the side and started loudly saying "WOW, THAT'S FASCINATING" or "YOUR LIFE IS INCREDIBLE"... Her friends tried to get her to talk lower after that. They likely thought I was a jerk but frankly,  I do not care. They were being rude, not me.

I've also made loud farting noises in the bathroom when I knew someone was talking on their cell phone in the john... Just so the other party knew beyond the shadow of a doubt where they were ...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I usually say in a loud voice, "Can you hear me NOW??"

I like the idea of leaning forward with your hand cupped behind your ear. That would work well in the conference room scenario.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#40]
I just give stares.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#41]
You're just jealous.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't like loud people as a general rule. Has nothing to do with a cell phone. Loud idiots are just loud idiot. Ever sit in a restaraunt and have a whole group of people sitting at a table a ways off and you can hear one person above all of them. That pisses me off too.

I don't mind people using cell phones in a public place, just keep it where i can't hear it. It has nothing to do with disciminating against cell phone users, its disciminating against loud obnoxiuos fuckers.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#44]
My wife used to raise her voice when she talks on the cell phone (drove me nuts).
I asked her why she talks so loud on the phone. Her reply was that she cannot hear.
I turned her phone up for her and now she talks normally (just way to much  ).
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#45]
I run into this all the time while grocery shopping. Its not the conversation that bothers me so much, its the idiots who park their carts in the middle of the aisle while talking. So, I usually grab a banana as I get into the market and start shopping. When I run across these people, I usually just park my cart to block their's and start repeating what they say, using the banana as my phone. As soon as they notice me and look up, I ask "Lot's of rude and ignorant people out shopping today, ain't there?". They usually look around and finally notice how they have blocked everyone and they just can't seem to get away fast enough.  

Then, I go looking for my GF. She knows enough to scoot to another aisle when she sees someone on their cell phone. You'd think she learn to stop taking me grocery shopping with her.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cell phone jammer

These are great fun.

But

No, actually you don't.  

if the FCC's gonna bust him, they're gonna have to have him extradited.

eta: you'll notice the version for North America is sold out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:57:15 AM EDT
[#47]
I had some rude a$$ lady cut in front of me at wally world and then started to have a loud conversation on her cell phone. I was pissed!! I am normally a laid back guy but she pushed it!! I pushed my cart bumping her fat a$$ and then gave a go to hell look. I finished by talking on my cell phone to my self real loud only to annoy her!!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cell phone jammer

These are great fun.

But

No, actually you don't.  

Try me...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#49]
"Hey buddy, you wanna stick that phone in your ass and then shut the fuck up.?"
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#50]
When it happens, just get right next to them and talk really loud so they can't hear their call.  It'll piss 'em off everytime.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top