Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:40:48 PM EDT
Just a heads up, I love this movie
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I caught part of it as I was dressing for work. I didn't make the connection between "Jaws" and history though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
It will never be quite the same for me after watching the Mythbusters prove the ending to be more or less impossible.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I caught part of it as I was dressing for work. I didn't make the connection between "Jaws" and history though.

They then followed up with the shark attacks of 1916...............
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Nor do I. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=440847 Does this count as a dupe?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It is a classic but not very "historical" I guess. Probably my favorite channel on TV though, been watch the History Channel all the. WINGS was my favorite show for years, not the sitcom, the one where they would spend an hour detailing one specific plane
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nor do I. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=440847 Does this count as a dupe?

Should have put JAWS in the title then, vague thread titles don't count
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=440847 Does this count as a dupe?

I'd say yes.... IBTL
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it does. Perhaps The History Channel could do a show about the history of dupes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out that 75 Chevy Blazer,had one just like it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It is a classic but not very "historical" I guess.

The "Jaws" novel is very very loosely based on the Jersey Man-easter of the early 1900s. So I guess there is some history, by the stretch of the imagination.

Shoot, that movie is so fantastic (ever pay attention to the cinematography? Brilliant), it IS history.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#11]
The movie that put fear of entering the water for a whole generation of people.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The movie that put fear of entering the water for a whole generation of people.

My buddy's mom actually saw Bruce (the mechanical shark they used) on a flat-bed truck when they were filming on Martha's Vineyard (she lives there, my buddy was born and raised there). It was half assembled, so she saw the internal framework. She knows it's fake. She still will NOT go swimming in the ocean since seeing that movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top