Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:32:08 PM EDT
I'm looking for a "break barrel" .177 cal pellet gun with a fairly good trigger and I'll spend up to about 100 dollars.  Any suggestions are welcome.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?  I know rws makes really nice ones but they're +300 dollars.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:00:24 AM EDT
[#2]
None of the cheap ones really have good triggers at all.
-----------
The cheapest break-barrel with a good trigger I know of is the Weihrauch HW 50S, for ~$310 with an open rear barrel-mount sight.
I've not shot one but Weihrauch is always been pretty solid stuff.
If you aren't going to be scoping it then I would suggest springing the $350 for the one with the diopter rear sight.

Below that, the only "target"-type rifles are really the Daisy Avanti ones, for $200 and $300. There is also a ~$80 version called the Powerline 953 TargetPro; it has lame (open) sights but you can mount any scope you have on it since it's recoilless. All these Daisy "target" guns are built on the same trigger, action+barrel that shoots around 500 FPS; the more-expensive ones just have wooden stocks/target peep sights. I haven't fired a Daisy target rifle in a long time so I dunno how the triggers are these days, or what can be done to help them.

Try here for current info on airguns: www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

I do not know that the Daisy rifles use regular scope grooves; you'd have to ask on the above about this matter if you cared. Vibration on the Daisy rifles isn't an issue, as they're all single-pump pneumatics.

The Weihrauch might shoot pretty soft (625 FPS) but I would still prefer to use an airgun-specific scope on it. Or at least,,, one you're willing to risk breaking the reticle on.
~
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
None of the cheap ones really have good triggers at all.
-----------
The cheapest break-barrel with a good trigger I know of is the Weihrauch HW 50S, for ~$310 with an open rear barrel-mount sight.
I've not shot one but Weihrauch is always been pretty solid stuff.
If you aren't going to be scoping it then I would suggest springing the $350 for the one with the diopter rear sight.

Below that, the only "target"-type rifles are really the Daisy Avanti ones, for $200 and $300. There is also a ~$80 version called the Powerline 953 TargetPro; it has lame (open) sights but you can mount any scope you have on it since it's recoilless. All these Daisy "target" guns are built on the same trigger, action+barrel that shoots around 500 FPS; the more-expensive ones just have wooden stocks/target peep sights. I haven't fired a Daisy target rifle in a long time so I dunno how the triggers are these days, or what can be done to help them.

Try here for current info on airguns: www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

I do not know that the Daisy rifles use regular scope grooves; you'd have to ask on the above about this matter if you cared. Vibration on the Daisy rifles isn't an issue, as they're all single-pump pneumatics.

Very true......you might also look at older used side cocking match rifles.  FWB300, walther LGR and others are nice rifles but are 3-6 times your budget.

SRM
The Weihrauch might shoot pretty soft (625 FPS) but I would still prefer to use an airgun-specific scope on it. Or at least,,, one you're willing to risk breaking the reticle on.
~

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Spend the money on a good one, it'll be a heirloom.

That being said, I bougt a RWS 350 Magnum, and LOVE IT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top