Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 4:56:40 PM EDT
So I get an email from musiciansfriend.com on Tuesday raving about their warehouse clearance sale(that they have every other week). They usually have really good prices and I've bought through them in the past and been very pleased with their customer service and their company in general.

I look through their selection of super for sale items, now I've never been a big fan of the Stratocaster. Some people swear by them, me I prefer my Les Paul. But, looking at the Candy Apple red with white pick gaurd and maple fretboard and neck Squier Strat....I decided that I downright NEEDED a Strat. And, for $199 with a Fender gig bag and shipping included, I couldn't pass it up.

it looks like this:

Yeah....that's perty....

I received my Fedex tracking number on thursday stating that my guitar would be delivered today(Saturday). Well, the fedex site shows that it was delivered at 6:11pm...the driver must have decided that my address is somewhere else, because it sure wasn't delivered to me. BUT, here's the part that just makes me want to cry. It was 'left at the front door, no signature required' and it is pissing cats and dogs raining here tonight. So, my Strat is on someone else's front porch in the sideways rain tonight.

I called fedex's 1800 number as soon as I read the delivery notice and double checked all the entrances to my house to make sure that I didn't miss the white box with the orange and purple letters or the regular brown cardboard box that would be hard to miss either way because it was listed  at weighing 17 pounds. Also, just to clear thing up, electric guitars are not things you can carry around in your pocket, so I'm pretty sure the box would have been fairly large. And I found nothing. The nice guy on the other end of the phone took my name and the tracking number and read the screen to me: 'says it's been delivered' I said I read that too, but that it wasn't delivered to me, so...oops. He said the driver probably dropped it at the wrong address, I said i agreed. He said they would be able to track where it actually went and get with me by Tuesday to let me know the new expected delivery date. I informed the nice guy on the phone that it is raining sideways here, and while I am sure fedex uses the highest quality cardboard I doubt it will protect the electric guitar inside said cardboard. He was quiet. I told him I would wait and see the damage after I received it, and then determine what the next course of action will be.

I'm sad right now. I think I'm gonna go get drunk and play depressing songs on my Gibson.

Not trying to bring anyone down tonight, I just didn't know where else to tell this tale and thought that this would be a good chance for me to get it off my chest and let it go.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Darn!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
i had Fedex leave a whole case of Ammo in pouring rain on my doorstep once.  it was Adult Signature Required too.  it was ammo for myself, not for sale, and since it all still shot it wasn't a really big deal.  But DAMN, retarded monkeys could deliver packages better than Fedex.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
First of all, read my sig line.

Second, Fedex employees have been found to only use 1.2% of the right side of their brain.

Third, expect to be fucked, and then dry humped by the 1800 number for the next few calls.  You will NOT get to talk to a Manager.  You will NOT get any good news.

Come to thikn of it, here's just a few things FedEx has done for me the past months,

Nov 05 delivered a box full of ar15 barrels to the wrong house.  Never seen again.

Dec 05 Lost a 1919 somewhere between here and Billings.  Found 1919 left at front porch step despite sig. required....no signature, left at doorstep

Jan 06 Left $1,000.00 UZI pistol on doorstep, despite signature delivery.  No signature, left anyway.

Two words:  FUCK FEDEX
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
UPS got this guy to my door safe and sound on the 24th
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The FedEx delivery guys are basically independant contractors, not genuine FedEx employees as we would know it. Thus, they probably don't really give a shit what gets left where & in what condition.

Sorry for your ordeal, I hope you have insurance on that deal????

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#7]
now you can really sing the blues!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#8]
First Fed Ex experience.  I had an order comming from CTD and of course they ship fed ex for some reason.  Package was supposed to be here on Friday.  I get a call about 7:00 pm from the Fed Ex dispatcher saying the driver cannot find my house and asks for directions, so I give them to him.  And I ask if they still plan on delivering the package which I am waiting for and he says, Well its a little late now."  My patients now being tested I bring up the fact that they have had all day to contact me regarding this issue and the package was promised that day.  I finally got him to agree that he would have to have the package delivered the next day.

About 3 weeks ago.   Fed Ex driver leaves the neighbors package at my house.  How I dont know.  My address is 106, how the hell could he get it confused with 101?  I wound up just driving the package down to them but not before calling Fed Ex to give them an earful.  I'm sure my neighbor did too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Today I got a call from a FedEx guy.  The shipper had put on a bad address.  He still got it delivered.

NEENER NEENER NEENER!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
First of all, read my sig line.

Second, Fedex employees have been found to only use 1.2% of the right side of their brain.

Third, expect to be fucked, and then dry humped by the 1800 number for the next few calls.  You will NOT get to talk to a Manager.  You will NOT get any good news.

Come to thikn of it, here's just a few things FedEx has done for me the past months,

Nov 05 delivered a box full of ar15 barrels to the wrong house.  Never seen again.

Dec 05 Lost a 1919 somewhere between here and Billings.  Found 1919 left at front porch step despite sig. required....no signature, left at doorstep

Jan 06 Left $1,000.00 UZI pistol on doorstep, despite signature delivery.  No signature, left anyway.

Two words:  FUCK FEDEX

They ALL suck! FedEx, UPS, DHL... EVERYONE!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Postal Service is the only one who hasnt F'd it up yet.

But I feel ya
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#13]
They dropped off my Garand at some other guy's house. At an entirely different road. Sig requied of course, but they left it on his porch or something anyway.

Thankfully, the guy opened it and thankfully wasn't a gun-nut, because he drove it down here and gave it to me.

Fuck fed-ex.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#14]
HUGE -1 for FedEx

Should be more like "FedUp" or" F'dUp"

Just got the funal screwing from them today!

I will be on the phone again 1st thing Mon morning Beeotchin at  some poor cust svc rep. and their managers, manager and maybe even THEIR manager.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#15]
dude i work for dhl (not proud) and i am a customer service rep. they are lying to u. someone probably jacked your shit and you will either receive it all messed up or not get it at all and have to go through the big hassel of having the company you bought it from file a lost claim and resend u a new one. insist they use UPS seriously they are the best in the biz. if not that the good old post office with signature required! i don't buy anything that is shipped fedex or dhl. i sent something to my niece overnight and it took 3 days to get there dhl and i freakin work there!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#16]
FEDEX CORPORATION

(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)

942 South Shady Grove Road
Memphis, Tennessee 38120

(Address of principal executive offices)

(901) 818-7500

(Registrant’s telephone number, including area code)

Frederick W. Smith

Chairman, President and

Chief Executive Officer
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
dude i work for dhl (not proud) and i am a customer service rep. they are lying to u. someone probably jacked your shit and you will either receive it all messed up or not get it at all and have to go through the big hassel of having the company you bought it from file a lost claim and resend u a new one. insist they use UPS seriously they are the best in the biz. if not that the good old post office with signature required! i don't buy anything that is shipped fedex or dhl. i sent something to my niece overnight and it took 3 days to get there dhl and i freakin work there!

you're kidding, right? UPS service is horrible. If they lose or damage something they'll jack you  around until you give up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#18]
In response to the orginal poster, CALL MUSICIANS FRIEND! They have very good customer service and you should be able to get them to call fedex for you to speed things up.

To fedex or any other shipper, you're just one customer out of tens of millions. But musicians friend is a HUGE account and they don't want to piss them off.

IF you ever want to see UPS or fedex jump, have one of their really big clients call them and ask to get something done. Usually they have their own reps that hold their hands to get and keep their business. Any hint that this might cost them a big account will send customer service into overdrive.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I havent been too impressed by Fedex( ever) UPS and DHL lately, though the DHL lady is smokin hot red head
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought a surefire M961XM07 from brightflashlights a couple of years ago.  According to fedex it was delivered, but somehow never materialized on my doorstep.  Took over 6 weeks to get straightened out and get a replacement light.  Luckily, the zombies never attacked while I waited for my light, or I would have been really pissed.

Fuck Fedex.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Had FedEx crush $2500 in electronics two months ago.

Had them flat refuse to ship a firearm a few weeks ago.

I do not use FedEx if it can be avoided. I've just had much better luck with UPS and DHL and USPS and...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:21:12 AM EDT
[#22]
We got home from church on Sunday around 11:00. I was standing in the kitchen making a sammich when a white delivery truck pulled into the driveway. I walked outside to see what was happening, the guy is carrying a pretty large box, he's from fedex. He tells me that it was raining really hard last night, followed up with small hail. He goes on to tell me that he noticed the return address tag (Musician'sFriend.com) and figured that whatever was in that box probably wouldn't do to well in the elements.  I told him it was a Squier Strat, and he says 'Nice, I play one of those myself". He also went on to tell me that it was pretty late when he made the delivery before mine, and he thought with the rain, and it being a saturday night, there probably wouldn't be anyone home so he decided to keep it overnight so that it wouldn't get damaged. I thanked him, he told me to have anice day and left.

Now, while I am glad that it turns out that the driver of the fedex truck was looking out for me, I still would have appreciated it if he had come by to attempt the delivery on Saturday night since he was already out. He could have skipped making another trip on Sunday. I of course didn't say any of this, I was too stunned by the fact that my guitar had arrived and was dry and undamaged.

On one hand I'm happy that the driver was extra courteous and protected my new guitar from the weather, on the other hand if he had just made the delivery Saturday night, it would have been fine as well. He was a genuinely nice person who really was just trying to do me a favor, and I appreciate that.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

On one hand I'm happy that the driver was extra courteous and protected my new guitar from the weather,

Don't you just hate assholes??????????????????    
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I've picked stuff up from the local depot quite a few times when they couldn't deliver because they needed a signature and I wasn't home.  I think if I was having something fairly valuable delivered I'd just make sure it was a signature needed ship.  But I wonder if you, as the one ordering have control over that?  You'd think around $200 might be the cutoff point but I've gotten camera stuff around $400 delivered without a sig.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#25]
But how does it play is the more important question?? I bought one of those for my nephew and was quite surprised at how good that played. I have a Fender Strat and the Squier was VERY smooth. For the price you cant beat it!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
But how does it play is the more important question?? I bought one of those for my nephew and was quite surprised at how good that played. I have a Fender Strat and the Squier was VERY smooth. For the price you cant beat it!

You aint lying! before I ever played a singlr note on it thos, I restrung it with elixir .009s. It has grat tone for being the cheap version of vender and I am thrilled with it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#27]
My first decent guitar was a black and white Squire strat.

After buying my Les Paul standard, I never really played it anymore,
and sold it.

Guitars are just like guns. If you want to have all of the bases covered, you
gotta have 1 of everything.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#28]
FEDEX didn't bother to read the note that I had the CMP put on the shipping label for my first Garand.
I was 20 ways pissed off, but the local dispatcher had the driver attempt another delivery.
I actually caught the guy as he was pulling in the driveway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top