Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 4:25:07 PM EDT
as everyone knows winchester closed their firearms MFG facilities.  i was just wondering if the ammunition mfg. would be effected at all?  i would hate to see the 40rnd value packs go.

also, i didn't understand if there would still be winchester rifles or not.  i have heard no.  but i also heard that they would still be carrying some of their rifle for sale.  only they would be made by contract from others and stamped with a winchester name.

does anyone know for sure what is going on?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for responses.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Winchester is just a name.  There is/was no Winchester (in recent history) arms plant as there is no Winchester ammo plant.  The company the made the firearms was US Repeating Arms Company they just stamped the Winchester name on the guns.  Olin is the company that makes the ammunition, they market is as Winchester Ammunition.  Since they were both two totally different entities I really do not think they will be affected. IMHO.

I am sure someone will be along to add more to what I have said.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Their are 2 different companies. The Winchester firearms name was licensed to the US Repeating Arms Company. Olin owns the trademark. The 1981 Olin broke off the Firearms manufacturing. No impact to Winchester Ammo as Olin kept it after the split. My understanding is the firearms plant in New Haven will shut down in March.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Their are 2 different companies. The Winchester firearms name was licensed to the US Repeating Arms Company. Olin owns the trademark. The 1981 Olin broke off the Firearms manufacturing. No impact to Winchester Ammo as Olin kept it after the split. My understanding is the firearms plant in New Haven will shut down in March. I hate to see any gun factory shutdown let alone the people that will loose their jobs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#6]
nice dbl post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top