Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:22:01 PM EDT
I mean, Springfield's XD is as reliable, and very easy to field strip. SIGS have an outstanding reputation for quality, reliability, and accuracy. And they too field strip in mere seconds.

So why then does the GLOCK still reign supreme as the favorite polymer pistol
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Kool-Aid

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The XD my brothers roomie has isn't as reliable as mine or my brothers Glock.  Some of the PD's that have gone to the XDs have already turned them back in, to get glocks.  They are ugly enough to make a Glock look pretty.  Sigs are great guns.  But again, not as reliable as a Glock, and more costly usually.  Plus the weight is an issue.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Glocks are popular because:

Price
Duability
Easy to train (no safety or hammer)
They work
mags are reasonable

The reason why I enjoy Glocks is because they work 100% right out of the box, unlike my Springfield 1911

Also, I own HKs and one SIG and think they are great handguns too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, you're an inquisitive newbie, aren't you?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The Glock has a repeatable trigger pull, albeit it is not really a good trigger pull.  It has the right wrist to bore axis for rapid shooting.  Its highly reliable, its very durable and its is very KISS.  The biggest draw back to the Glock in my opinion is the grip angle.  I like the 1911 alot to but for some reason I stick with the Glocks,
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Check this out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
It's the AK47 of handguns

Cheap
Nearly indestructible
Almost idiot proof (as long as you are a pro-fesh-un-ul)
VERY abundant

Not to mention a VERY agressive marketing campaign by Glock, especially to LE departments.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The XD my brothers roomie has isn't as reliable as mine or my brothers Glock.  Some of the PD's that have gone to the XDs have already turned them back in, to get glocks.  They are ugly enough to make a Glock look pretty.  Sigs are great guns.  But again, not as reliable as a Glock, and more costly usually.  Plus the weight is an issue.

I don't think so.

And yes I own Glocks and SIGS.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

exactly what i was thinking

+
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so.

And yes I own Glocks and SIGS.

I love SIGS but I've personally seen more have malfunctions in real life.  So that's all I have to base my judgments on.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Springfield XDs have a very high bore axis, making it slightly flippier.  They also have a longer reset on the trigger, making it more difficult to do double taps.

Sigs are great guns; they have outstanding customer service.  However, one can almost buy 2 NIB Glocks for the price of a new Sig.  And I can't draw and point one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I mean, Springfield's XD is as reliable, and very easy to field strip. SIGS have an outstanding reputation for quality, reliability, and accuracy. And they too field strip in mere seconds.

Springfield XD's-  Give them another 10 years, and alot more aftermarket items, and stick to 9mm (.40's have issues with slides locking back on partially full mags, it's well documented).  I'd steer clear of their .45 offerings till they've been out for a few years.

SIGS- I own a Sig-229.  They have fantastic triggers, but are heavy as a brick compared to a Glock, and have alot more snag points for CCW use.  Plus they cost 150% of what a Glock costs.

Glocks have sucky triggers, but  half the parts, are light, are cheap, and shoot just as often as the above mentioned guns.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#14]
b/c its the origional
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

exactly what i was thinking

+1. 4 active topics on the first page of GD alone
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey just don't hit me with any mud.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Utterly reliable. That is why I bought mine. Ugly as a brick I love it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Glock hit the market way before the XD.
Glock slide finish is more durable than the XD earlier models. Jury is till out on the new XD finish since it was only recently updated.
Much cheaper than SIG.
Glocks are easy to field strip and THE easiest to detail strip.
They weren't the first polymer gun but they caught on real fast(right place at the right time).
reliable
reliable
reliable
ETA: owner of all three brands
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd love to own a Sig P220.  Unfortunately, I'm left-handed and the slide controls just don't work for me.

I own Glocks becuase they're cheap, well made, reliable and go bang (sometimes kaboom) EVERY time you squeeze the trigger.

I've never claimed that Glocks are the greatest handguns made, but really, what's not to like?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#20]
i  know this thread comes around every week.  i get ono it once and a while and tonight is the night.
i own not many handguns, but some of the "best".  I will probably only buy glocks in the future.  Maybe a cheap used sig or a 1911 here and there, but mainly glocks.

my reason is that I have never had a problem with any of my glocks.  Hands down, without a doubt,  nomatter the ammo or the ability of the shooter, it is hard to get a glock not to function.  Maybe I am brainwashed, i don't know, but when i shoot a glock I have an undoubted feeling that it is going to do exactly what I want it to.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Because I have a Glock 17 and Glock 26.  That's why.  

I use to laugh and harass at my partner for carrying a Glock 17, until I shot one.  Bought the Glock 17 and Glock 26 the next day.  Never looked back.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Glock= Toyota Corolla
Sig= Corvette( or any other high performance overpriced car)

How much do you want to spend to do the same thing?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Glock= Honda Accord
Sig= Mercedes

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#24]
KISS- Keep it simple Stupid.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#25]
SIGs and Glocks for me.
I bought my Glock 22 back in 1993 when I couldn't afford the P229.
Then, I put the Glock away and rarely fired it until 1999, when I traded up for a Gen III model and put in a 3lb disconnect.  Ever since, it's competed with my P226 and P229.

1.  Glocks are reliable.  You'd have to be delusional to call that "Kool-Aid".
2.  Glocks are simple, if you don't include the take down process.  
3.  HIGH capacity, even the teeny tiny ones.
4.  Light.  Every time I heft my P229 I'm reminded of how light even the full sized G-22 is.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/ZakkWylde470/glockmotivational.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/ZakkWylde470/glock.jpg

had to happen sooner or later
ETA: happens to HK too only there are a lot more Glocks than HK
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Sorry, I just had to jump on the bandwagon!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Because I have a Glock 17 and Glock 26.  That's why.  

I use to laugh and harass at my partner for carrying a Glock 17, until I shot one.  Bought the Glock 17 and Glock 26 the next day.  Never looked back.  

+1

Although for me it was a G19 and G17.  Utterly reliable.  

I didn't buy one for a long time because of all the Glock-bashing but gave them a second look when my sensei brought in his G26.  I shot a G19 and was hooked.  

If I had to pick one handgun for SHTF, it would be a Glock.  Although I'd bring my Sig P220 along for the the ride.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#31]
CONSISTENT TRIGGER PULL. (this is what sealed it for me)

Light.

Extremely reliable.

The combination of the three makes it the perfect carry gun, which is what I use it for.

I enjoy shooting my Sig P229 more, but I stopped carrying it because the Glock 19 fits that role better.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Yep. Everyone knows that no gun has ever had a catastrophic failure except for the Glocks. Here are some other impressive kb pictures.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Check this out.

Yeow-sa!  Seemed that pistol performed remarkably well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Check this out.

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#36]
glock 9mm is the ONLY 9mm pistol in the world that can take 33 ROUND MAGS. i can get a used glock 17 for 350 with 3 17 mags.

shot my first glock a few months back guess what when i get the money up i will have the glock 17,19,26, in that order. all 9mm.

isnt this like the 800th thread on the same subject.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Check this out.

Nuff said.

Cant touch this...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Trigger is not-
DA: I suck with DA triggers.
SA: I wouldn't feel safe carrying a SA gun into combat, if I'm going into immediate combat and have the safety off.

Mags hold a lot and are cheap.
The guns themselves are very cheap (as in $$$).
They are easy to train someone on.
They are accurate.
And they're damn reliable and work straight out of the box.

What's not to like?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#39]

"I'm the only one in this room professional enough that I know of to carry this Glock 40."

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Check this out.

+1
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't like Glocks.
They don't feel right in my hand.
Grip angle. Trigger dosn't get it for me.

Oh yeah, that kaboom thing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Looks like someone plugged that barrel BEFORE the KB.  Like someone hammered a bullet in backwards or something.  Is that the rifle the Mythbusters dicked with
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't know what the deal with that one is. I assume it was an ammo issue, like most of the Glock kbs.

Here's another one. It's everyones favorite infallible handgun:

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I do not like the ergonomics of the Glock.  I have large hands and the Glock simply dosent "fit."  I bought an XD 40 and have had no problems with it.  To each his own I guess.  

I do not have difficulty with doubletaps or the trigger pull.  I am not saying the XD is better than the Glock.  I personally prefer the XD.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Because they have the extra added excitement factor of possibly blowing up in your hand if chambered in a real caliber.

WHAT A RUSH!

SG
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#47]
If Springfield used Glock's Tennifer finish on their metal parts I'd like them a whole lot more.  I owned an XD40 and liked the pistol - just didn't think it was nearly as well manufactured...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
i  know this thread comes around every week.  i get ono it once and a while and tonight is the night.
i own not many handguns, but some of the "best".  I will probably only buy glocks in the future.  Maybe a cheap used sig or a 1911 here and there, but mainly glocks.

my reason is that I have never had a problem with any of my glocks.  Hands down, without a doubt,  nomatter the ammo or the ability of the shooter, it is hard to get a glock not to function.  Maybe I am brainwashed, i don't know, but when i shoot a glock I have an undoubted feeling that it is going to do exactly what I want it to.

This is exactly how I feel. They work. They are'nt pretty but they work. Thats why we buy handguns is'nt it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't lust after them, but my next pistol purchase probably would be one. They're extremely simple, reliable, and that grip angle really helps me out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Glock= Toyota Corolla
Sig= Corvette( or any other high performance overpriced car)

You messed up buddy:

Glock=Honda Accord
Sig=Whatever is going to cost more and not last as long without high maintenance.

I owned my share of Sigs.  9mms and .45s.  But when my P226 kept misfeeding my

Winchester  Rangers, Black Talons , and Federal Hydra-Shocks, and my Glocks 17 and 19

had no problem with any ammo it was time to ditch the Sigs, which yes they do cost more,

and for that reason they should NEVER malfunction for ANY REASON, they found a new home.

They ,my old 226 and 229, are somewhere now where they won't have to worry about being

used so much and getting hurt.  They are a couple of safe queens now for they put their time in.

Maybe 2,000 rounds each.  I fire that many rounds through each of my Glocks every couple of

months without a hitch.

Step up to the plate and buy a gun that just works.

Who gives a shit how "pretty " it is.

Glocks aren't pretty.  They accomplish 1 thing.

THEY PUT HOLES IN STUFF YOU WANT TO MAKE DEAD, EVERY TIME YOU PULL THE

TRIGGER.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top