Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 2:41:01 PM EDT
I'm buying a new mattress.  If I got to a local store and find one I like by laying on it for a while, can I go online and buy the same mattress for less $$ or will it feel completely different than the one I lay on in the store?  I'm guessing that it will feel pretty close right?  After all, you don't buy the floor model do you?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Mattresses are branded in such a way that it is often difficult to compare the same model between stores. They do that on purpose. If you buy from a good store, they will often give you at least one chance to change your mind after sleeping on it for a day or two. If you buy online, it is likely that you will have to pay insane return shipping costs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Mattresses are branded in such a way that it is often difficult to compare the same model between stores. They do that on purpose. If you buy from a good store, they will often give you at least one chance to change your mind after sleeping on it for a day or two. If you buy online, it is likely that you will have to pay insane return shipping costs.

Yep, they're set up to screw the customers by changing a stock mattress 1,000 different ways and then giving it a different name so you can't price shop. It also then excludes mattresses from price matching claims that they make on other gear.

I wouldn't buy a mattress that you can't test out in person (and the 10 minutes or so you lay down on one isn't even enough) and you can't return if you don't like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top