Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:48:06 AM EDT
I leave tomorrow and start class Monday.  I just got done with Water Survival and this is the last hurdle I expect in training for Aircrew.  I have my cold weather clothes stacked and packed.  What should I expect out of this school? Any advice?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
My brother said they hit him in the face a lot of times when he least expected it. I think the basic point is to motivate you and teach you how to do anything possible to never get captured.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#3]
You'll catch and eat rabbit, all kinds of bugs and whatnot.

Expect lots of water tortures.

And cant say anymore or it will ruin the surprise.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#4]
earthworms...

yum!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#5]
They strip you naked and put womens panties on your head.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Be ready to be emasculated like you've never expirenced before. It will be worse than the time your sister saved you from a bully.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]
It's gonna be a little chilly, bring extra socks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#8]
You saw "Deliverance", right?

Oh No , I've said too much

Good luck, let us know how it worked. Oh, you on a specific kind of plane?
Midwinter
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#9]
This is for the AF right?  I thnk they do the wrost thing possible...................................take your cable access away for a day.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This is for the AF right?  I thnk they do the wrost thing possible...................................take your cable access away for a day.

Plus they serve regular saltines instead of ritz crackers at the salad bar. Laundry service uses too much starch. Shit is brutal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Those bastards, they will still have AC in the desert though right?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Never mind..read that location wrong
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Friend of mine just got back. Said there was lots of snow and it was cold. He said it was not that bad, but he also just got done with the indoc course for PJ/CC. He said ya really can't make life much worse than what he already went thru. Fairchild might get lots of rain but you will be going up about 2hrs N. to a national park in the mountains where it snows alot. Have fun.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Plus they serve regular saltines instead of ritz crackers at the salad bar. Laundry service uses too much starch. Shit is brutal.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I haven't been, so I don't have any firsthand experience to relay to you, and if I did I'd probably keep it to myself anyway, wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.  I know a metric assload of guys that have been though, and its never any fond stories they tell.  Just be prepared for the worst experience of your life, and you'll be fine, everybody (almost) gets through it.  In a few years you can go back for "advanced beatings", I hear that one is extra fun.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Yes, right along with their Army and Marine brothers and sisters, as most bases are joint bases.

B_S
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Pretty much as I suspected.  I guess I will let you guys know what I think in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#19]
They're going to make you watch Oprah for 12 hours while eminem plays constantly in the background.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Beer and naked college girls!!  Woohoo!!    

S.E.R.E.  It's just an excuse to get you away from the misses.

Have a good time!!  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw a documentary on TV once about SERE school and actual POW scenarios.The Dr.'s who check these guys out said after enough stress and torment the male body quits producing Testosterone.Its one reason why alot of troops give up hope.

Hang tuff my brother!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I went to the Navy school in Warner Springs - we sent our women to the USAF school in Fairchild.

[/interservice banter]  You should expect the best training that you will receive at any time while you are in the military.  If the instructors are any good, you will believe that you really are a POW.  You should not expect sleep, enough food for anything more than keeping your higher brain functions operating, or physical comfort of any kind.

To tell you more would lessen the training value.  Make the most of this chance to learn.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#23]
You will need your coldweather gear, it's been low 40's during the day and 0-10 at night and it will be colder up in Tiger WA for the  "in the woods" portion of the school... We are also expecting rain/snow in the next 2 weeks forecast..
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I went to the Navy school in Warner Springs - we sent our women to the USAF school in Fairchild.

GRAB LEGGINGS COMRADE!!  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:46:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't lick the lightpole, not even if they triple-dog-dare you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#26]
It's like Boy Scouts only worse, they bring the rabbit in case you can snare anything.  Camping and E&E are north of town, expect snow, some areas have 5-6 feet, some have almost none. PoW training is still mostly classified, some women bitched about being abused and they toned it down, I guess the women will file a complaint with the arab EOT board when they get fucked silly by some islamic scurve.  

Chose your battle buddy wisely, you pair up for E&E.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top