Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 8:34:54 AM EDT
Rant on.

I just got berated via email from another member because I didn't hold his hand tight enough through the transaction.  Apparantly he's upset that a small AR part I listed for trade as LNIB didn't show up NIB.  He took it upon himself to inform me that when I list something for sale or trade, it should be just as advertised.  He's also upset because I didn't read his mind and list the manufacturer in the ad.  Simply put, he committed to the transaction and read the ad afterwards...I guess.  Not sure how else to explain his tantrum.

My original unedited ad...

AD TITLE- "WTT: AR15 LNIB Ambi-Safety Selector for a LNIB Standard Safety Selector "

ACTUAL TEXT-"Title says it all"

Why people committ to deals without being 100% educated, informed, satisfied, and confident about the transaction is beyond me.  If you have a question or are looking for something specific ask the questions BEFORE YOU DEAL!!!  Otherwise don't write back bitching to me!  Cause I won't have a lot of sympathy for ya!  Rant off.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Rant on.

I just got berated via email from another member because.  Apparantly he's upset that a small AR part I listed for trade as LNIB didn't show up NIB.  He suggested that when I list something for sale or trade, it should be just as advertised.  He's also upset because I didn't read his mind and list the manufacturer in the ad.  Simply put, he committed to the transaction and read the ad afterwards...I guess.  Not sure how else to explain his tantrum.

AD TITLE- "WTT: AR15 LNIB Ambi-Safety Selector for a LNIB Standard Safety Selector "

Why people committ to deals without being 100% educated, informed, satisfied, and confident about the transaction is beyond me.  If you have a question or are looking for something specific ask the questions BEFORE YOU DEAL!!!  Otherwise don't write back bitching to me!  Cause I won't have a lot of sympathy for ya!  Rant off.

Reason 4,906 I'll never buy/sell on the EE.  Sorry to hear of that bro hope you can get stuff resolved.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]
same shit happened to me on EBAY. yes, the commie site of ebay. Had to move something for other projects, "USPS POSTAL ORDER or PERSONAL CHECK" does not mean we sit and argue over multiple emails WHY I SHOULD SIGN UP FOR PAYPAL.

Especially, since YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE BIDDING ON THE OBJECT, AND HAD 4 DAYS TO READ MY PAYMENT OPTIONS.

rant off.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rant on.

I just got berated via email from another member because.  Apparantly he's upset that a small AR part I listed for trade as LNIB didn't show up NIB.  He suggested that when I list something for sale or trade, it should be just as advertised.  He's also upset because I didn't read his mind and list the manufacturer in the ad.  Simply put, he committed to the transaction and read the ad afterwards...I guess.  Not sure how else to explain his tantrum.

Reason 4,906 I'll never buy/sell on the EE.  Sorry to hear of that bro hope you can get stuff resolved.

Thanks Deej,

In my mind this matter was resolved well before it became a problem!  It just amazes me that people do business in such a manner.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Plus it is just the selector....how good of condition does it have to be?  If we were talking about a bolt, barrel or some other vital component.........but geeze I can't believe someone would make a big deal about a selector not looking NIB.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn. Wish I would have known. I would have traded with you in a heart beat.

Guy is just being a dumbass.

How can you tell a LNIB vs NIB selector anyway?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Plus it is just the selector....how good of condition does it have to be?  If we were talking about a bolt, barrel or some other vital component.........but geeze I can't believe someone would make a big deal about a selector not looking NIB.

I know!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've been giving that some thought.  I wonder if  I should have vaccuum sealed in after soaking it in oil or something?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

New ones come in a tiiiiiiiny little shipping crate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top