Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 9:11:34 PM EDT
I usually keep my mouth(keyboard) shut around here, but, my daughter was born Wednesday morning around 8:30.  She was about 7 weeks early and has a few complications on top of the prematurity.  She got to take a helicopter ride around 11:00 to UAMS and then another one to Arkansas Children's Hospital about 15 minutes after arriving at UAMS.  The NICU was full at ACH so she was sent to UAMS.  Upon arrival at UAMS she was sent directly to ACH where she was literally squeezed in.  There NICU has room for 80 babies.  It was full Wednesday.  

She underwent a 5 hour surgery on Thursday to correct a tracheoesophageal fistula and ruptured intestine.  She also has a aetrial septum disorder that is not a big issue right now.  The surgery was pretty rough, and she is heavily sedated and medicated.  The Drs say it will be this way for a week so she can recover and not be in pain.(She was actually cut open in 4 different locations)  This place is great, I haven't left yet, except to go get some work stuff and my laptop.  The staff here is wonderful.  If in the unfortunate event, any of your children need medical treatment, this is the place to be.  I have heard plenty of good things about ACH, but experiencing brings really makes you appreciate it.  It is great knowing she is in the best place she can be and not wishing she was somewhere else receiving better care.  

It is going to be a lengthy recovery, but at least she is on the way to getting better now.  Her name is Rylee.  If you would like to include her in your prayers, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Morgan

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Prayers ascending.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
consider it done
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Prayers inbound.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.

Still in a holding pattern this morning.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Best of luck with your little one.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Sent.

Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Dear Lord please send an angel to be with baby Rylee and watch over her as she is being treated by medical people. Please give those doctors and nurses wisdom and compassion for her. Thank you for caring for us all, dear Lord, especially the little ones.

Amen.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#9]
May you & your wife hang tight with the Lord & each other....
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#10]
BTT.

Prayers inbound! Hope she gets better.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#11]
btt  will continue to pray for rylee

hope the little one gets better.  glad you are at a good childrens hospital.  when i finish med school i think the NICU would be a very cool place to work and really help some babies get better, especially the premies.

mac
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Prayers sent.Be strong,and KNOW that she is in our thoughts and prayers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Prayers sent my friend.  May the Lord be with her and your family.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#15]
The day I was born I had major surgery to correct an esophageal disorder. 21 years later I am perfectly healthy with only a scar on my belly as a reminder. Prayers sent to your daughter.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#16]
God Bless your daughter.

Max
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#17]
prayers to you and your little one.  ACH is a good place to be.
If you need any info on the ASD (atrial septal defect), feel free to IM me.  Although being a preemie, it could be a fetal circulation issue that will resolve itself.

Mrs
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#18]
God bless yall.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Prayers for her and you guys too. God bless.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh man... I am sorry and OF COURSE prayers are on the way!!! If you need any info on the Atrium Septal Defect, IM me and I will forward it to my wife. She will be more than happy to give you any information you need and want.

here is to your princess and a speedy recovery.

ETA: Ooops I didnt see that she posted as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Dear Lord please send an angel to be with baby Rylee and watch over her as she is being treated by medical people. Please give those doctors and nurses wisdom and compassion for her. Thank you for caring for us all, dear Lord, especially the little ones.

Amen.

Im not really good with prayers but thats about it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Prayers sent. Hang in there...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Prayers ascending.

+ 2
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Prayers for your little girl, Rylee.  

The docs and nurses who work NICU are truly amazing - she is in great hands.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Beautiful name for a little girl.........One of my cousins named her child Riley

May the Lord be with you, your wife, and the little one.  Please keep us updated
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Done.  Good luck to your little one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll do a bunch of big ones for the little one.   Keep the faith Morgan.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Done. I will keep your daughter in my prayers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#29]
The fact you requested prayer tells me your already know the only scource of comfort and strength in situations like this.  My god watch over you and yours and comfort your family as Rylee recovers.  We need her for the olympic team in about 20 years.  No question they need her help.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I am not sure why God has set this challenge before you, your wife, and your daughter. We aren't able to see the grand scheme of things the way God is, so it is entirely understandable that Men worry about the outcome of those challenges. Fear not and HAVE FAITH!

Know this - God arranged to have young Rylee born in America, at the dawn of the 21st century, in the expert care of brilliant physicians and Christian parents. There is a body of Christian people praying right now for intercession by Our Lord And Savior Jesus Christ in this matter. He does not challenge people without need, and I am confident that He will keep your child safe in His care until he is ready to make her healthy again.

God Bless you, your wife, and your baby.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#31]
she will definitely be in our prayers. please keep us posted as to her courage in this fight. I've found that premature babies tend to be much tougher than they appear.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I am not sure why God has set this challenge before you, your wife, and your daughter. We aren't able to see the grand scheme of things the way God is, so it is entirely understandable that Men worry about the outcome of those challenges. Fear not and HAVE FAITH!

Know this - God arranged to have young Rylee born in America, at the dawn of the 21st century, in the expert care of brilliant physicians and Christian parents. There is a body of Christian people praying right now for intercession by Our Lord And Savior Jesus Christ in this matter. He does not challenge people without need, and I am confident that He will keep your child safe in His care until he is ready to make her healthy again.

God Bless you, your wife, and your baby.

I couldn't have said it any better.....bump for more.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks everybody, I appreciate the concern and prayers.  Here is the latest:

The results came back on the echo cardiogram and one of the issues has resolved itself.  She still has what they call an arterial septum defect, the separation between her left and right atrium is incomplete or there is a hole.  They are going to be running some more tests to check a variety of things.  They are concerned about any congenital heart issues and will be running some genetic testing to determine if there are any issues that need to be addressed.  We talked with a geneticist today and she said it didn't appear on the surface there were any obvious signs of any issues.  Right now they are concerned about the success of the surgery on Thursday.  Those tests will be happening on Friday.  There will also be consult an orthopedist about her hemi-vertebrate(back-spinal issue), a cardiologist about her heart and continuing care on the surgical issue.  That is about all I know right now.  If the tests come back positive Friday they may remove her from the ventilator and try to start feeding her.

I'll try to post a picture of here at some point.  I don't have access to load a picture right now but I have been able to run a remote desktop through a wireless network here at ACH to my office computer to get a little work done.

Thanks again,
Morgan
and Rylee

ETA......I forgot to mention how beautiful she is.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#34]
My prayers will be said for Rylee and for your family.  I don't even have the words to say, because I have never been in your situation.  

May God be with Rylee and her family.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Prayers sent, may God bless your family in this trying time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top