Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 8:28:11 PM EDT
hereHere is their response:
Hello Ron,

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you are experiencing, due to your listings being declined.

Please, do keep in mind  ar15 accessory, magpul, magpull industry and magpul stock were correctly declined for reason of "blocked site." Yahoo! Seacrh Marketing chooses not to affiliate itself with any type of fire arms.

Well news to me. I had no idea I was selling firearms. Thank god they told me about that.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
And people worry about GOVERMENT censoring and controlling the Internet?

No need to be concerned about that, hypersensitive corporations do a fine job of it already.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#3]
screw them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF?

Are you saying I can't search anything "firearm related" on Yahoo?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Must be something else, searched yahoo for magpul and cheap firearms tons of good hits.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
WTF?

Are you saying I can't search anything "firearm related" on Yahoo?

Type in AR15.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Must be something else, searched yahoo for magpul and cheap firearms tons of good hits.

same here
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Crawler searches will still show up, but only the poeple like me who actually Pay them for ad placement will not show up. Gee that makes sense. Bite the hand that feeds you.
Im sure everyone has seen it. When you do a search, at the top and bottom of the page are pay per click ads. Every time you click one of those it costs the advertiser money evn if you do not purchase anything. Everything in the middle is crawled searches. The magic of those I have yet to figure out. lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this a new policy, or is someone giving you bad information?  I see sponsored links when I search:

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I know, Thats what has got me so worked up. I throw 1000 a month into all the sponsored searches I do and for some reason I get singled out. Im going to call them tommarow and Ill post an update to what they tell me in reguards to why they allow other sposored searches for this and not mine.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is this a new policy, or is someone giving you bad information?  I see sponsored links when I search:

i1.tinypic.com/oi9ci0.png

i1.tinypic.com/oi9cas.png

Same results here. Do a screen shot of what went wrong. I can't seem to reproduce it.
Sure it wasn't through E-Bay? They hate them there black rifles
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep deal with um   daily
The just pick and choose they are as bad as ebay
we have gotten some bumped too
but then there is 200 others out there doing the same thing
google seach marketing does the same thing

i pretty much only have hunting shit call decoys etc and a few optics sponsered searches
it amazes me how google yahoo and ebay  will decline the $1000s we are doing with them
with some newly intrepted rule that will change next week

next tag and ebay just buy blocks that if nothing shows up it trows in a ebay or nexttag sponser

galiti and bowers will get snuffed eventally

the airsoft stuff of course is OK
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]
"Hello Ron,

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you are experiencing, due to your listings being declined.

Please, do keep in mind  ar15 accessory, magpul, magpull industry and magpul stock were correctly declined for reason of "blocked site." Yahoo! Seacrh Marketing chooses not to affiliate itself with any type of fire arms."

Sincerely,

Joanne Deyor
Customer Solutions
Yahoo! Search Marketing

Like I said Ill update after I talk to them in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
"Hello Ron,

Please, do keep in mind  ar15 accessory, magpul, magpull industry and magpul stock were correctly declined for reason of "blocked site." Yahoo! Seacrh Marketing chooses not to affiliate itself with any type of fire arms."

Sincerely,

Joanne Deyor
Customer Solutions
Yahoo! Search Marketing

good luck

won't do much good they will just keep reading out of a book to you
been dealing with these goobers for a year
had to revamp the sight because of them
anyhting GUN is bad IF it comes to their attetion

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Please do.  I am interested to know why you are being singled out.  It wouldn't surprise me if their policies are left open to interpretation by individual account reps.  Joanne denies you, but "Jeff" accepts the sponsored link from Bowers Tactical.  

Still, it wouldn't surprise me if they have a general policy against firearms.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#16]
If you access certain sites through Yahoo shopping, they will not let you search for gun related stuff. I most noticed it on Sportsman's Guide.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Yahoo! is fantastically left wing. I mean frothy foaming at the mouth left wing.

… MUCH worse than google (and that’s saying something)

They used to try and maintain a pretense of neutrality (circa 1994 or so) and then something changed about the time of Clinton’s second term. They started closing conservative groups… They stopped indexing conservative sites that had been turning up relatively high in the search results… They introduced their own editors for the news and man were they some editors…

Yahoo! is crap. I gave up on them a long time ago.

If you had been keeping track of ongoing controversy over Yahoo! china, you would not be giving these creeps your money.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yahoo! is fantastically left wing. I mean frothy foaming at the mouth left wing.

… MUCH worse than google (and that’s saying something)

They used to try and maintain a pretense of neutrality (circa 1994 or so) and then something changed about the time of Clinton’s second term. They started closing conservative groups… They stopped indexing conservative sites that had been turning up relatively high in the search results… They introduced their own editors for the news and man were they some editors…

Yahoo! is crap. I gave up on them a long time ago.

If you had been keeping track of ongoing controversy over Yahoo! china, you would not be giving these creeps your money.  

Id boot um  in a heart beat but if you do a online bussiness  you almost have to deal with them  google ebay paypal
et all
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Im begining to think Im in the wrong business. I should be running a search engine and sell advertising to nothing but Gun related items. Of course I would decline anything that wasn't and send them a nice letter like I received. "We choose not to be related to anything thats not firearms" lol

Im one step away from pulling all my bids anyway. They havent been making that much more then what I spend. Its nice to have my name out there, but the money would be better spent here.

Mods, if you are reading this, I have been waiting on a contact so I can get set up as a dealer here
Im ripe for the picking. Ive sent a couple emails and no reply yet. Thanks
Ron
www.apexmtn.com
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Update:

They will  not allow Magpul in any shape or form in the sponsored searches because it is firearms related. When I asked them why I can have listing for the key word fobus in 5 variations of that they had no answer.
Im fed up. Monday Im pulling all the bids.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top