Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/24/2006 8:05:03 PM EDT
If any of you that have guns are in the market for a safe, Walmart has a killer deal right now. It's a Sentry 14-gun electronic safe(with electronic keypad) and retails for $449.99, but right now they have them on sale(but NOT listed) for $129.99. Most locations do not have them out on display and may have one in back. I've been reading on the AR15.com forums how many people have been finding good deals on safes at Walmart over the past couple of months and so I decided to try my luck. My Walmart(here in Spring, TX) had only two of them so I grabbed them both. The only downfall is, they aren't fire proof, but oh well. (2) 14 gun safes with electronic key pad for $260.....I couldn't pass it up.

You guys might want to hurry as I'm not sure how long they will have these in stock. MAKE SURE they check in back. The first guy I talked to said that they don't have any safes in stock. Then, his co-worker walked by and said "yeah we do, but they are in the back". Just thought i would pass along the savings!!!!

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a hell of a deal!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Sentry. It's a good safe for the money. Not fire proof but neither is my house. It will stop all but the most determined thieves.

BTW, Since these are not fireproof they are not very heavy. You've got to bolt them down well, preferably to concrete or they can be carried away.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#5]
good to keep kids or  the WIFE out
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#6]
These are on clearance so I suggest getting to a Walmart as soon as you can.  Some of the employees don't know that there might be safes in the back, so make sure they double and triple check.  Just wanted to pass on the savings!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
These are on clearance so I suggest getting to a Walmart as soon as you can.  Some of the employees don't know that there might be safes in the back, so make sure they double and triple check.  Just wanted to pass on the savings!!!!

Going tommorrow.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a 14 gun for 175.00 from the local Walmart. I thought it was a pretty good buy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm weary of electronic locks...wonder if it can be swapped out for a dial?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#11]
If any of you have trouble with Walmarts saying that they are not on sale, post on here and I'll gladly post my receipt of BOTH safes that I picked up for $129.99 so I can help make sure that they don't jip you.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I just called my local walmart and they have been out for a couple months
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If any of you have trouble with Walmarts saying that they are not on sale, post on here and I'll gladly post my receipt of BOTH safes that I picked up for $129.99 so I can help make sure that they don't jip you.

I am going to check them for another safe. Couldnt get everything into one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#16]
i've looked at them and the one at Walmart had the key pad falling off and very cheap feeling. though I only one with the 2 turn key locks so i gues it would be better but i'll just save my cash and get a good one. Just my 2cents
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:20:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks Special FX. The stock number is G7311.

I had a couple buddies that were looking for cheap safes and we went to 3 Wal Marts to find them. I was EXACTLY like you said:

"Everything we have is out on the shelf"

"Could you please check the back?"

"somabitch, I found one"

"We'll take it."

$139.00 here in DFW though.

Still great deal. I have a big 'ol Champion safe but if didn't I get one of these for the money- there 328 lbs, have the lagbolt holes in the floor and you can make it fireproof if you want, just add the wallboard and get a fire gasket for the door.  (The gasket will swell if it is heated) Anyway, thanks again, it great to find a good deal- ARFCOM rocks.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#19]
tag
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:13:30 AM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:14:42 AM EDT
[#21]
This is not good for my wal mart boycott!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:27:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I've got a Sentry gun safe that size, except mine in combination lock. With tax it was just over $200.00
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:09:46 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm going hunting... For Steel at Walmart...  

BTW how heavy are these? I mean is it going to require 2 men, an elephant, a shoe horn and a can of grease to move this sucker?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:18:06 AM EDT
[#24]
most Walmarts are getting out of the firearms business, thus they are probably going to get rid of all related items as well. Around here I was told that only 20% of the stores sell 80% or more of the fireamrs so those stores are gonna be the only ones to sell them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:36:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Our local Wallyworld had a Sentry 10 gun for $98. I picked the only one up last weekend. I checked the other local Walmarts and they don't anything
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:43:52 AM EDT
[#26]
tag
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:05:37 AM EDT
[#27]
just got off work 6am but shit now i am on my way to walmart...reply when I get back
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:00:45 AM EDT
[#28]
That's a hell of a markdown. Their website still lists the safe at $449.

Here are the stats for the folks that asked:

Made of solid steel with a pry-resistant door, this model from Sentry keeps up to 14 long guns as well as gun accessories, cleaning supplies and more forever safe. Features an electronic lock with lever handle, a hardened steel plate behind the lock to protect from drill attacks, five live-locking bolts and an included kit for bolting it to the floor.

With a bungee organizing cord on the back of the door
Exterior dimensions: 59"H x 21"W x 17-3/4"D
Interior dimensions: 58-3/4"H x 20-3/4"W x 12-7/8"D
Weight: 270 lbs.

Model No.: G7311  
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 315.0  
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 17.75 x 21.0 x 59.0  
Assembled in Country of Origin: Imported  
Origin of Components: Imported  
Wal-Mart No.: 000947410

I'm headed to Wallyworld today to check it out.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:28:36 AM EDT
[#29]
well i just got back...they had 4 and sold them...they said there were $299
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:01:38 AM EDT
[#30]
went to my WW this morning - the guy said they were already snatched up on the season clearance sale
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:13:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Damn.

I guess a guy that spent MORE than that on a cheapo Stack On locking cabinet would feel pretty stupid about now, eh' Padre?

It's not lagged into the floor yet, so it's not too late.

That sound you hear is the squealing tires on my car on the way to Wal Mart.  

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:18:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Thanks Special FX. The stock number is G7311.

I had a couple buddies that were looking for cheap safes and we went to 3 Wal Marts to find them. I was EXACTLY like you said:

"Everything we have is out on the shelf"

"Could you please check the back?"

"somabitch, I found one"

"We'll take it."

$139.00 here in DFW though.

Still great deal. I have a big 'ol Champion safe but if didn't I get one of these for the money- there 328 lbs, have the lagbolt holes in the floor and you can make it fireproof if you want, just add the wallboard and get a fire gasket for the door.  (The gasket will swell if it is heated) Anyway, thanks again, it great to find a good deal- ARFCOM rocks.

The first employee at Walmart was a dumbass and didn't know crap, but luckily his co-worker happened to remember that they had some in back.  I'm glad you were able to find one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:20:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
well i just got back...they had 4 and sold them...they said there were $299

If you find one and they keep saying that it's $299, then price match it with another store.  Ask them to call the Walmart in Spring, TX on FM 2920.  If you need, I can also post up the pricing from my receipt.

Let me know if I can help guys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:25:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Get some 5/8" fire resistant sheetrock and line the inside of the box with it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Tag.

Will check the Wal*Mart on my route home tonight. Will check the good Wal*Mart tomorrow if I come up empty-handed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#36]
here is the walmart website.  www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4324485

so you're sure they are on sale, right?  how can i tell them that they are if i go there and say they're for this 300.00 price?

if you could post those receipts it wouldnt hurt.  i'm on the phone now to see if any area ones have them

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:57:29 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
here is the walmart website.  www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4324485

so you're sure they are on sale, right?  how can i tell them that they are if i go there and say they're for this 300.00 price?

if you could post those receipts it wouldnt hurt.  i'm on the phone now to see if any area ones have them

Yes they are on sale/clearance.  They said since hunting season is over, there is no need to keep the safes just sitting there.   JASONDCRUM is from Dallas and he said he got his for $139.99.  My friend who lives 20 minutes away from me went to his Walmart this morning and got 2 of them for $139.99.  I guess I got lucky with having $10 off of mine  

Again, if anyone of you go to your Walmarts and they say that they are higher than $139.99, then tell them to call the Walmart in Spring, TX.  Here is the actual address and store number that I got 2 of mine from:

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #5287
21150 Kuykendahl Road
Spring, TX 77379
(281) 288-6437

Model No.: is G4211

I won't be able to post the receipt until later tonight though since I'll be out of the house for the remainder of the day(I'm at my cousins house right now).
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#38]
dammit!!!! none anywhere around here have them, nor near home.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#39]
WallyWorld near me does not even carry WWB. I doubt they will have an safes. I guess I will look as I have to get tme Mobil1 and some ATF
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
most Walmarts are getting out of the firearms business, thus they are probably going to get rid of all related items as well. Around here I was told that only 20% of the stores sell 80% or more of the fireamrs so those stores are gonna be the only ones to sell them.

Sale of firearms.  Customers have depended on Wal-Mart for more than 40 years to supply sporting goods merchandise and equipment, including firearms. Wal-Mart is absolutely committed to provide firearms in the most responsible manner possible. We follow all local, state and federal laws, which include the enforcement of age restrictions and the performance of federal and/or state background checks. In addition, we require that:

Only authorized personnel with appropriate training can sell firearms in our stores.

A manager in the store must approve firearm transactions.

Associates know they have the right to refuse to sell a firearm to any customer who arouses suspicion or concern.

All firearms are kept in locked cases.

A sporting goods associate and a member of management work together to review the "instant background check" to ensure that it is completely and correctly filled out.

No handguns are sold at our stores, except in Alaska, where customers who live in remote areas carry handguns to protect themselves from wildlife.

www.walmartfacts.com/keytopics/merchandising.aspx#a53
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#41]
FX why is your model # G4311? Mine was G7311.

By the way I used to live off Louetta Rd in Spring  when I was a kid.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:27:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sale of firearms.  Customers have depended on Wal-Mart for more than 40 years to supply sporting goods merchandise and equipment, including firearms. Wal-Mart is absolutely committed to provide firearms in the most responsible manner possible. We follow all local, state and federal laws, which include the enforcement of age restrictions and the performance of federal and/or state background checks. In addition, we require that:

Only authorized personnel with appropriate training can sell firearms in our stores.

Associates know they have the right to refuse to sell a firearm to any customer who arouses suspicion or concern.

A sporting goods associate and a member of management work together to review the "instant background check" to ensure that it is completely and correctly filled out.

No handguns are sold at our stores, except in Alaska, where customers who live in remote areas carry handguns to protect themselves from wildlife.

It's just an end of the season clearance, I got one last year around this time. They will stock them again in the fall and clearance them around this time again next year.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
FX why is your model # G4311? Mine was G7311.

By the way I used to live off Louetta Rd in Spring  when I was a kid.

Oops sorry.  Good eye.  I didn't even notice that typed in a 7.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#44]
I just called mine, the said $149.  It's really tempting, as the one I have is full, but I just dont room for another one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#45]
woooohoooo

I scored two of them....I had to drive 50mins to get them bet well worth it....they are about 300lbs

Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Sorry guys. My bad.  The actual model number is  model # G4311.   Thanks for the heads up JASONDCRUM.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just an end of the season clearance, I got one last year around this time. They will stock them again in the fall and clearance them around this time again next year.

not disputing the end of season sale I'm just relaying what my local WW sporting goods rep told me two days ago
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Awesome.  Don't be the guy that gets his rifles or pistols stolen because you don't have a safe.  A good price for security.

Max
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Sorry guys. My bad.  The actual model number is  model # G4311.   Thanks for the heads up JASONDCRUM.

Ok, I dont see model # G4311, but I did see model #G4211 and it looks and is described exactly as your first post.  Going to look in a bit to see if any at my Wal-Mart.  My city's Wal-Mart is not a Super Wal-Mart, but they do sell guns and ammo.  There is a Super Wal-Mart next city over, so that is an option as well.  I have been looking for one, not wanting to spend a buncha money, that I could bolt down and secure my couple long guns and few pistols.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#50]
I called the stores near me.  They said, they only get about two before hunting season.  They sell out fast.  They wouldn't go into the back to see if they have anymore.    

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top