Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 4:10:12 PM EDT
Person here reeks of cigarette somke, can smeel for 2 desks down and Im coughing.

Smells worse then the smoking area at work.

I live with someone who smokes and this is making me sick
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Make the person smoke outside.  Persuade him/her by drawing down.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Most smokers are inconsiderate numb skulls.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That always does the trick.  They may even want to move out, too!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
This morning in the bus I had to sit next to someone who smelled from a yard away like falafel and body odor.  Gotta love those foreign grad students and their wacky hygiene.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

How is this person being inconsiderate?  This particular case is no different than perfume, aftershave, BO, farts or any other potentially offensive smell in the world.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They dont smoke inside
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They dont smoke inside

You can still draw down though, even if for fun
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

wrong.

maybe in your area.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They dont smoke inside

You can still draw down though, even if for fun

Employee habdbook doesnt say that I cant.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Cry baby
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Cry baby

Just kidding, as a reformed smoker I'm always amazed at how bad someone who smokes smells. As a smoker you don't really realize it. Some would be embarrassed by that fact, others would just give you the bird. I'd have been one to give the bird and been wrong.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cry baby

Just kidding, as a reformed smoker I'm always amazed at how bad someone who smokes smells. As a smoker you don't really realize it. Some would be embarrassed by that fact, others would just give you the bird. I'd have been one to give the bird and been wrong.

I know people who smoke, even go to thier houses, it doesnt bother me, this is BAD.

Feels like I got a cold
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cry baby

I know people who smoke, even go to thier houses, it doesnt bother me, this is BAD.

Feels like I got a cold

could be worse. Bird flu?

feel better
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#14]
They say second hand smoke is worse that the smoke that is being inhaled by the smoker
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They say second hand smoke is worse that the smoke that is being inhaled by the smoker

Im wondering how you reek more of smoke when your not even smoking then people who are smoking
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Feels like I got a cold

If this is the case, you definately have a allergy to smoke.  If the smell is making you feel deeply congested then more than likely you suffer from allergic rhinitis that is instigated by tobacco smoke.  Do you have other environmental/pollutant allergies that require a prescription?  You need one.  If it gets too bad you may need nasal spray like that Flonase stuff or something to relieve your symptoms, or you can complain about how that stinky SOB is shitting on your health.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Only the Anti-Smoking Nazis say that.  Not even remotely true.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Go pee on him.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Go fuck yourself!
Hey, you're right!

Quoted:

Utter bullshit. Pure political propoganda.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I would say they is wrong.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wrong.

maybe in your area.

uh huh.  you NEVER throw butts on the ground do you?  Riiiiiight.  No smokers ever do.  they just magically appear ANY freakin' place you go.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#22]

They also say that having a gun in your house raises the odds of you shooting your family by 100%.  They say a lot of things...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Most smokers shooters are inconsiderate numb skulls.

wrong.

maybe in your area.

uh huh.  you NEVER throw butts spent casings on the ground do you?  Riiiiiight.  No smokers shooters ever do.  they just magically appear ANY freakin' place at all of the very few places you gocan go to shoot.

Same argument-different cause.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Person here reeks of cigarette somke, can smeel for 2 desks down and Im coughing.

Smells worse then the smoking area at work.

I live with someone who smokes and this is making me sick

Get a BIG fan and aim it towards the persons desk, also spray the air around your desk with air freshener.  I am a former smoker, I can not stand the smell of cigarette smoke.  Some folks can smoke and the odor doesn't adhere to them, others have it oozing from their pores.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:38:20 AM EDT
[#25]
puke on him.  then when he looks up and goes, "what the hell?" just smile at him.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:54:22 AM EDT
[#26]
What kind of clown are you?
FIGHT BACK!
Fried eggs,fried onions,refried beans,and Schiltz.
He'll RUE THE DAY he crossed you.
(PS-take a change of skivvies and pants,"just in case".Trust me on this one.Dave)

ETA: Welcome to page two.Enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm an ex-smoker and it usually doesn't bother me. But the other day, the guy in the cube next to mine, who is a smoker, absolutely REEKED. I had to stand up and look over the wall to see if he was smoking right there at his desk. He wasn't, but DAMN he stank. It was amazing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
puke on him.  then when he looks up and goes, "what the hell?" just smile at him.

Travis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top