Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 12:20:46 PM EDT
Hotels Slammed for Hosting Supremacists
By MATTHEW BARAKAT, Associated Press Writer

49 minutes ago

McLEAN, Va. - The Hyatt hotel chain has come under fire for agreeing to host a conference this weekend sponsored by a white supremacist group.

The conference in the Washington suburb of Herndon is sponsored by the Oakton, Va.-based New Century Foundation, whose leader says the white race is losing its identity in the United States because of multiculturalism and immigration.

Students at George Mason University organized a phone campaign to urge the Hyatt to shut its doors to the conference, which it has hosted in previous years.

"We're not taking away their freedom of speech. We're letting people know that Hyatt is supporting these people," student activist Tariq Khan said.

Hyatt spokeswoman Lori Armon said the opinions of those at the conference do not necessarily reflect those of the Hyatt Corp. "However, we do not discriminate against any of our guests or organizations with which our guests are affiliated," she said.

The foundation's leader, Jared Taylor, expects about 250 people to attend.

Taylor said he does not view himself as a white supremacist even though he believes whites are genetically superior to blacks.

"If anything, we're yellow supremacists because the IQ data, the general social dysfunction data, suggest that Asians are superior to whites," he said in a telephone interview.

Writing last year in a magazine article, Taylor said the chaos in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina showed that "When blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western civilization _ any kind of civilization _ disappears."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Enjoy,

IBTL,

Speed
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#1]
must....not.....get.....sucked....into...it.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Am I to take it that Hyatt "hosting" this event means anything other than they are renting their hall to a paying customer?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
So these peoples' rights to assemble and free speach don't count? Hyatt is not about to get sucked into denying these people their constitutional rights over a bunch of crybaby PC college fucks!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Apparently these students have not learned about free market yet.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So these peoples' rights to assemble and free speach don't count? Hyatt is not about to get sucked into denying these people their constitutional rights over a bunch of crybaby PC college fucks!

+10000000

I may not agree with them, but that doesn't take away their right to assembly and free speech.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Ever notice that Liberals are only tolerant of the things they approve of. And very intolerant of any dissenting viewpoint. I guess that I will be labeled "intolerant" because I will want my daughters to marry in their own rece! Oh well!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ever notice that Liberals are only tolerant of the things they approve of. And very intolerant of any dissenting viewpoint.

That's not true at all....smokers, Christians, conservatives, etc....they don't count anyway; it's not like thos people make up any sort of majority or anything.

Speed
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#10]
bump for night crew.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell, I'm a racist.

Atleast a couple dozen times over. Lotsa trophies...but I'm alot poorer now, too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The conference in the Washington suburb of Herndon is sponsored by the Oakton, Va.-based New Century Foundation, whose leader says the white race is losing its identity in the United States because of multiculturalism and immigration.

Well, I dislike White supremacists, and Illinois Nazis, and the whole group, but it is really hard to argue their point right there....  (Just the tired way the world is nowadays, White attacks a Black = Hate Crime, Black on white... well, it might be a crime, All the ATMs around here in Chinese, then french, then English.....)

My Culture is being removed by PC urbanites and Immigrants to my country who do not understand and in many cases do not condone what I do for fun (I am sick to DEATH of people telling me that in THEIR country I would be killed for owning firearms, or kissing my wife in public, or carrying scriptures with me But I digress)

I think if you move to my country, then you had better assimilate at least to the extent of learning the damned language, and learning that just because some things were illegal in the motherland, they are NOT here.

my semi rant I guess

Edited because I am angry, and my typing suffered due to the fact
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#13]
"Hyatt Hotels under fire for being tolerant of intolerance. "

So does that mean they are "unintolerant"?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
"Hyatt Hotels under fire for being tolerant of intolerance. "

So does that mean they are "unintolerant"?

Oddly enough that makes perfect sense!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Well, I dislike White supremacists, and Illinois Nazis, and the whole group, but it is really hard to argue their point right there....  (Just the tired way the world is nowadays, White attacks a Black = Hate Crime, Black on white... well, it might be a crime, All the ATMs around here in Chinese, then french, then English.....)

My Culture is being removed by PC urbanites and Immigrants to my country who do not understand and in many cases do not condone what I do for fun (I am sick to DEATH of people telling me that in THEIR country I would be killed for owning firearms, or kissing my wife in public, or carrying scriptures with me But I digress)

I think if you move to my country, then you had better assimilate at least to the extent of learning the damned language, and learning that just because some things were illegal in the motherland, they are NOT here.

my semi rant I guess

Edited because I am angry, and my typing suffered due to the fact

I think I can totally second that... probably NOT all that pissed though, I'm past that point. That's NOT to say I don't think that there's "fair" (black/yellow/brown/red/whatever on White is JUST (or can be) of a "hate crime" as the reverse can. And then there's FAIR, (some concessions, IMO SHOULD be made, just to welcome VALID immigrants. This is NOT to say all of our road signs should be in 20 languages..... or that I should have to talk to a CSR who's English is NOT comprehensible, because they SUCK at English! But we should, have some rudimentary understanding of "polite" phrases in other languages if there are a LOT of that particular "language" in our community, or a "regular" customer. I mean I know a LOT of ASL... (American Sign Language) why? a co-worker was deaf - he was pretty cool (for a kid) and I got tired of writing notes to him all the damn time to cmmunicate, so I had him teach me. I can speak a FAIR amount, and understand MOST German, why? My paternal grandparents were German, and they were fluent, I like language (okay, communication) so I absorbed a LOT (plus I was nosey enough to want to know whhat they were saying.) .

I learned a GOOD deal of Japanese, because there are a LOT of Japanese-speaking folk 'round here (Honda Plant). And being able to say, "hello, good morning, good afternoon, good night"  even, "How are you today? thank you, thank you very much, etc" is something that sets THEM at ease with me, and hopefully with the area. Then _I_ am someone they can ask if this (speaks some phrase) is the proper pronunciation /accepted / normal phrasing of (whatever they said). So THEY DO learn to speak the language  - OUR language better. Being a dick makes them RESISTANT to learning the language. Will there BE the occasional Asshat who's just a lazy phoque and WON'T? Sure... but I know too many of those who have ENGLISH as their "primary"  (usually, ONLY) langusge, and I can't understand WTF they are saying EITHER! Plus one of my former sensei's has a wife who is originally Japanese, (now American). So I learned a LOT from BOTH of them.... (there for some time when he was younger).

I learned French and Spanish just 'cause they are our (Country's) "neighbors" (for better or worse) I only REALLY know the "polite" stuff plus a BIT in Spanish though. I'm not QUITE, but a LOT closer to "fluent" in French. I've only actually USED the Japanese, ASL and German, however.... but they are "there" if I need `em. I can speak a SMATTERING of Korean, because I visited THEIR country, and thought I should at LEAST know enough to be polite... (Do you speak English? I don't know much Korean (Hangul) Thank you, hello, goodye. Some food names, some other medical-related phrasing/words (long story).

I know I'm forgetting something... I DID use the Krean too, but it's hardly WORTH mentioning, I know SO little....

I'm just thinking they should "give" more, but then, IMO, so should WE. Just "polite" stuff.... but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't see how you get white racist from that article.

I guess you would have to be really PC and full of hatred for evil white people to get it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:59:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top