Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 11:51:51 AM EDT
I can't bring my self to comment on this one.  

Severed Male Body Part Brought To Local Store

Ralph Iannotti
Reporting

Save It
Email this Article Email It
Print this Article Print It

(KDKA) McKeesport KDKA’s Ralph Iannotti reports that a man went into a local store and asked the clerk to warm up - in the microwave - what appears to be a severed male body part.

Customers going in and out of the Giant Eagle Get-Go mini market on 5th Avenue in McKeesport didn't know what to think when they saw police activity on the scene.

A man walked in and asked a female clerk if she could use the store microwave to warm up something he had wrapped in a paper towel.

Concerned about an unusual odor from the oven, the clerk opened the microwave to check on the item and out tumbled what appeared to be a severed human penis, wrapped up in the paper towel.

Police were called immediately and the man ran out of the store empty handed.

“Hopefully, they're looking for the person this belongs to,” said Sandy Furman, of McKeesport.

“I think that's the one they ought to look for - the one who may be hurt,” said Denny Adler, of McKeesport. “It's shocking that I'm not (surprised). It's just the nature of the beast.”

As McKeesport police continue to look into the case, sources say that county homicide detectives have been notified of the incident in case a crime was committed outside McKeesport.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what to say.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Footlong or regular?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate these daily reminders regarding why I shouldn't piss people off.  I'm rather partial to the little guy downstairs.

Yeesh.

- BG
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard that on the news on my way to work today..appearntly it wasn't a real organ is what they are saying now.

Speed
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Story link

Customers Cook Up Trouble With Fake Penis

By JOE MANDAK, Associated Press Writer Fri Feb 24, 8:01 PM ET

PITTSBURGH - A woman who claimed she was trying to cheat on a drug test was behind a bizarre incident in which a frightened convenience store clerk thought she had microwaved a severed penis, police said.

The clerk at the store outside Pittsburgh actually microwaved a prosthetic device used to cheat on drug tests, police said Friday.

The incident unfolded late Thursday afternoon when a man and a woman entered the store and the man asked the clerk, "Can you microwave something for me? It's a life-or-death situation," according to an account the woman later gave police.

The man asked for paper towels, wrapped an object in them, and had the clerk microwave the item for 20 seconds, said McKeesport police Chief Joseph Pero.

When it was finished, the clerk handed the item back to the man and saw what she thought was a severed penis, Pero said.

After news reports Friday, a woman called police to say she was with the man in the store and gave her account of what happened, Pero said.

The woman told police she was applying for a job and was required to take a drug test. She said the man had filled the device with his urine, which she planned to submit for the test, Pero said.

According to the woman, the couple stopped to warm the device in the microwave so the urine would "pass the body temperature test," Pero said - that is, be warm enough to not arouse the suspicion of those administering the test.

Pero said police weren't sure why the woman was storing the urine in a device mimicking male genitalia.

The woman wasn't applying for a job at the convenience store, but Pero said he didn't know anything else about the job.

The chief said the woman planned to come to the police station for an interview. Police Friday night said they had no new information and said the chief would have to answer any further questions on Monday.

Pero wouldn't release the names of the man or woman. Charges, including harassment and disorderly conduct, were possible, he said.

The clerk at the Giant Eagle Get Go! is "still visibly shaking," Pero said.

Giant Eagle, which owns the convenience store, said the microwave will be discarded.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Pero said police weren't sure why the woman was storing the urine in a device mimicking male genitalia.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top