Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 6:17:50 AM EDT
I think this thing is flying around my house right now. It's not the XV-15 and not a V-22 but it's a tiltrotor.

I will try to snap a pic if it swings around again.

Looks like this one anyway.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Awsome,

Bell is developing a tilt-rotor gunship based on that, which should be pretty kewl.

I for one would think that would go like gang busters in the world of GA, it combines the speed and range of a King Air with the ability to land anywhere like a Jet Ranger.  You have to give any aerospace company credit when they force to FAA to develop a new class and rating for it, they call it powered lift.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it never came back around before I had to head to work. All I saw was a C-130 fly by.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top