Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 5:57:44 AM EDT
We were asked to appraise a some rifles for a customer.  Two of the rifles look like they are 22 cal, but have very few markings on them and are strange looking to begin with.

They have the following markings:

First one:  C Leute in Mundien(it has a set trigger, fancy stock(stair case engraving), and fancy hammer). When hammer is cocked it pulls back a firing pin, and you load the round in the last 8 inches of the barrel.  

Second one:  L Raspiller Straebing(fancy wood, hammer, set trigger)

When hammer is cocked it pulls back a firing pin, and you load the round in the last 8 inches of the barrel.  The firing pin takes up 2/3 of the apparant barrel/receiver.  This is on both rifles.  

Not really much info to go by, but hoping some of you can help me out.  

Thanks

Bill3508
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Photos would help.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are parlor guns, also called zimmerstutzen.  The caliber could be .22 (Flobert or BB Cap) or 4mm, and I suppose some other caliber, but those calibers are common.

You can easily find them for sale all over the internet.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Photos would help.

And be educational.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#4]
This thread is worthless without pics.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I wasn't the one who went and saw them so I don't have pics.  Wish I did.  I might still be able to get over  there and take some pics though, but I'll have to see.

Bill3508
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top