Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 9:30:45 PM EDT
Hey all I'm curious about the 9mm WWB from wallmart. This is the 100 round value pack in specific that I'm talking about. I remember reading here a while ago that the bullets used to be brass and they switched them to copper because of accuracy problems. I remember on the new copper bullets that on the front of the box it said improved accuracy. This is my question, I bought about 5 100 round boxes of WWB 9mm and I looked on the box for the "improved accuracy" and it was not on there. I'm just wanting to know if they stopped putting the "improved accuracy" on the front of the box because this issue is likely over a year old by now and Im thinking that they just stopped printing it on the box. Anyway I'm wanting to know if the ones that I have are copper or brass. The lot # on the box that I have is Carton number CT510C and right underneath that the numbers E125654. I read somewhere else on here that you can do a test with a common house hold chemical to see if the bullets are brass or copper but I cant find it now. Thanks for you help.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting question Kevin.  I did happen to notice something different in the boxes of ammunition I've purchased from wallyworld.

"Correction" - Several of the early 100 round boxes that I'd purchased had what I would consider brass colored, but the 'newer' 100 rounders I've been picking up - the bullets are the definitely copper colored.

ETA - Just pulled a fresh box of 100, with the label of "Improved Accuracy Bullet" - Cracking her open, and they look 'copper' - Carton CT510B, E125654

Checked, and found a box of 100, storing some spare +P ammo, but no WWB 9mm, bottom of the box reads - Carton CT510A, E125654

Only diff - the A or B designation.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Why does it matter?

Are you shooting a match? Plan on using it for accuracy tests?

If you're just blasting at a range, there's no problem, who cares.

If you are using mass-produced lowest-bidder ammo for anything other than practice or plinking...well, lets just say you need to re-evaluate your ammunition needs...

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:27:06 PM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:12:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:21:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The copper ones look like copper.
The brass ones look like brass.

Am I missing somthing here?

Brass.  It looks like....brass

Copper.  It looks like copper.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top