Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 7:56:57 PM EDT
I sold something on the EE.  Today the MO came in the mail.  I was in a hurry to get the package sent out to the purchaser, so i wasnt paying attention when i sorted the mail. I ending up shredding the postal MO with my junk mail!!!

So anyone have any experiance in this area?  Can i file a claim with the post office, or does the puchaser of the MO have to file a claim?  I have all the pieces <G>

updated 02/24. I took the shredded MO to the post office this afternoon.  After telling the story to two supervisors and waiting about 20minutes they taped the MO back togather and cashed it. They even manged to run it through the machine that scans them. Whew!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The purchaser has to file the claim.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I sould something on the EE.  today the MO came in the mail.  i was in a hurry to get the poackage sent out to the opurchaser, so i wasnt paying attention when i sorted the mail. I ending up shredding the postal MO with my junk mail!!!

So anyone have any experiance in this area?  Can i file a claim with the post office, or does the puchaser of the MO have to file a claim?  I have all the pieces <G>

fess up, you're just trying out some new scam

Just thank God you don't have a cross cut confetti shredder!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear that, I've had moments of panic myself after shredding a bunch of stuff then not being able to find a check or something!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#5]
So i'm not the only one yeah have to file a claim and wait about 4 months.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#6]
It was definately one of the dumber things I have done.  at least it was only $125.00.  could be worse.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Tape it back up. Say it came that way.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]

You EEEEEEEEEDIOT!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]

LOL man that sux
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It was definately one of the dumber things I have done.  at least it was only $125.00.  could be worse.

$125

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#11]
   From the USPS website.  

Damaged Money Orders
The USPS® replaces without charge a defective money order or one that is damaged during imprinting or customer completion. The customer must return the negotiable portion of the money order and the matching customer receipt in order to receive a replacement.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top