Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 6:41:12 PM EDT
There's an awful lot of stuff on e-betray that I suspect is stolen - wireless phones in nearly new condition withou the sim cards or chargers, etc.

Any youse copper-types know the answer?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
check all the fine print..
alot of it is not even real.  weird how ebay lets them get away w all this... its turning out to be a big scam place in some of the sales
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I've worked a few e-bay scams with criminals in my city, IMHO there's more scams than stolen property.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The wife worked for W.W. Grainger several years ago.

They once busted one of their assistant branch managers who was claiming a shipment of $1,200 fluke meters and scopes as "damaged in transit" and then selling them on EBray.

The idiot used his personal (traceable) e-mail addy, as well as listing the S/N's of the items he had claimed on the damage manifest in the ad.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know, but I DO know that listing stolen items on one of the most frequented sites in existence is some powerful stupid.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:41:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I was once bidding on a computer on ebay a couple of years back.  As I was reading the desciption and looking at the pictures, I noticed the computer had Asset tags from my company on it.  Not only that, the CDs that were included were made by me - I knew the handwriting!   Turns out the guy was selling all sorts of crap from us - it goes without saying he got canned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top