Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 5:09:39 PM EDT
We (myself and some associates attending film and Theatre school) need people who collect WWII militaria to help with a film shoot this summer.  Shooting location is as of yet undisclosed.  We especially need people who speak russian fluently, preferably with soviet rifles and equipment.  Any takers?  It would be a chance to not only be in a movie production, but would also be a chance to get together with some fellow ARFCOMMers and have a few days to target shoot and mingle.

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT

No one on the night crew speaks russian?

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Да, я говорю очень немного все же. Моя подруга - Russain и говорит и на английском и на русском языке очень плавно. Я имею AK47 SAR1 и если кино находится в НЬЮ-ЙОРКЕ, я не был бы в состоянии сделать это anyways. Удача в вашем поиске все же.

Good luck though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I am currently working with a Russian team to translate the user interface and manual for our new product.  (I already have it in English, Spanish, and Chinese...)  They are in town for a few more days - are there any phrases (like your "script") that I could have translated for you to use?  If we have time I can get them to translate it phonetically...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Да, я говорю очень немного все же. Моя подруга - Russain и говорит и на английском и на русском языке очень плавно. Я имею AK47 SAR1 и если кино находится в НЬЮ-ЙОРКЕ, я не был бы в состоянии сделать это anyways. Удача в вашем поиске все же.

Good luck though.

OK, well, define speaking it a little bit?  Enough that if I where to give you lines to speak in front of a camera?  I am sorry that you are doubtful of your ability to travel outside New York for filming.  I don't know your friend, but if you decide your up for a road trip, or change your mind, let me know.  And we have some extra Mosin Nagants for the cast.

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am currently working with a Russian team to translate the user interface and manual for our new product.  (I already have it in English, Spanish, and Chinese...)  They are in town for a few more days - are there any phrases (like your "script") that I could have translated for you to use?  If we have time I can get them to translate it phonetically...

I have a Ukrainian and a guy from Moscow on the cast already who are helping with translations, thanks though.

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck though.

OK, well, define speaking it a little bit?  Enough that if I where to give you lines to speak in front of a camera?  I am sorry that you are doubtful of your ability to travel outside New York for filming.  I don't know your friend, but if you decide your up for a road trip, or change your mind, let me know.  And we have some extra Mosin Nagants for the cast.

-Ben

Where are you guys filming it?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Where will it be filmed and what type of quality film are you talking about?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I studied a little in Highschool, but only remember some basic phrases... oh well.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#9]
The russians aren't exactly known for their hi-fi equipment.
Dang, wrong type of speakers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#10]
We are looking at several locations, including places in Oregon, Utah, Arizona, and Virginia. It will have scenes filmed in more then one region. I do not physically have the script, though I am told it will be available in three weeks time.  I am just following up on what is delegated to me.  I believe that it will be filmed somewhat in the same style as Saints and Soldiers, we have some pretty good editing equipment at our disposal, so the quality of the film will depend vastly on the ability of our crew to pull in people who have as much of their own equipment as possible, and a general desire to have some fun, and get real involved in the story.  My first post was to basically guage what kinds of numbers of you guys are interested, as I would really rather not have to use liberal drama kids to fill in roles.  Especially since we will be doing a lot of real shooting. If your interested, just throw a post out here and I will update you when more information becomes available in a couple weeks.

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The russians aren't exactly known for their hi-fi equipment.
Dang, wrong type of speakers.

-Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top