Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 3:31:46 PM EDT
Got home this morning to find out that our neighborhood  was turned upside down this morning because of some freak had broken into a home at the other end of our block.

My mother and sister were awaken by a commotion outside and police lights( Some dozen cruisers from multiple towns.) comming thru the window shades. Upon looking outside they saw the police chasing someone. It apparently turned into a struggle on my mothers car ending with the suspect being captured next to the garage. The right front fender had two large dents in it and the hood had scratches. Damage estimate to the car was estimated at $800 by the Ford dealership.

One police officer had a hand injury during the capturing of the suspect. The police called an ambulance to take the suspect away who was apparently was out cold under the influence of some drug or alcohol.

The suspect was also covered with dog crap that was on the side yard. Good dogs.. Too bad it was dry and frozen .

Followup on Channel 9 news is even stranger. The house that the suspect had broken into had the front door braced with a chair from the inside by the suspect before being found in the kitchen by the home owner  going through the cabinet drawers getting some kitchen knives together.

The actual reason for breaking in is not known at this time, but with what he did to the front door. I suspect something much worst than robbery was on his mind..

Homeowner Wakes To Find Stranger In House
Police Say Man Appeared To Be On Drugs

POSTED: 10:55 am EST February 23, 2006
UPDATED: 6:05 pm EST February 23, 2006

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Police said that a Manchester man awoke Thursday morning to find a stranger in his home who fled and was later arrested.

Joseph Reynolds, 23, was arrested and charged with burglary. Police said that the owner of the Rockland Avenue home wrestled with Reynolds before Reynolds ran out a back door.

"The homeowner awoke to unusual noises coming from his home," Sgt. Robert Kunha said. "He spotted the suspect in his home, who he engaged physically. The suspect managed to escape from the homeowner and fled on foot from the area."

Police caught up to Reynolds on Mast Road and arrested him. Police said that Reynolds appeared to be under the influence of drugs.

Reynolds was treated at a hospital and arraigned on burglary charges Thursday afternoon. He was ordered held on $15,000 bail.

Link to article and video..
www.thewmurchannel.com/news/7364953/detail.html

Edit to add picture and link.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

images.ibsys.com/2006/0223/7376347_240X180.jpg  images.ibsys.com/2006/0223/7364706_120X90.jpg

"The homeowner awoke to unusual noises coming from his home," Sgt. Robert Kunha said. "He spotted the suspect in his home, who he engaged physically. The suspect managed to escape from the homeowner and fled on foot from the area."

Somehow I doubt the suspect would have gotten away after a physical confrontation if the homeowner had been an Arfcomer. It would have benn more like- "the last thing the suspect heard was a safety clicking off and some giggling"

Anyway, glad you and your mom and sister were not the victims- "getting kitchen knives together"-like you said, something sinister was on his mind. This creep needs to be locked away for a very long time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

images.ibsys.com/2006/0223/7376347_240X180.jpg  images.ibsys.com/2006/0223/7364706_120X90.jpg

Somehow I doubt the suspect would have gotten away after a physical confrontation if the homeowner had been an Arfcomer. It would have benn more like- "the last thing the suspect heard was a safety clicking off and some giggling"

Anyway, glad you and your mom and sister were not the victims- "getting kitchen knives together"-like you said, something sinister was on his mind. This creep needs to be locked away for a very long time.

If I were a team member, that would be my new sig line.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll bet he was just some poor unfortunate trying to complete his 12 place setting of flatware.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
"the last thing the suspect heard was a safety clicking off and some giggling"

ROFLMAO, that is classic
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The house that the suspect had broken into had the front door braced with a chair from the inside by the suspect before being found in the kitchen by the home owner  going through the cabinet drawers getting some kitchen knives together.

Man.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

ROFLMAO, that is classic

X2

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The house that the suspect had broken into had the front door braced with a chair from the inside by the suspect before being found in the kitchen by the home owner  going through the cabinet drawers getting some kitchen knives together.

Man.

Yeah, that fucker needed to be vented not cuffed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I can guess what the Iron Chef intended for the main course.

Eeeeeww.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

ROFLMAO, that is classic

+1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ROFLMAO, that is classic

+1

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
ban the kitchen knives and chairs for the children
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#13]
im thinking he barred the door, from the inside to keep someone on the outside, outside. now, whether he was being chased by people or demons... only a drugged out person would understand.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Link to this morning's article:

www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=3%3a30+a.m.+intruder+puts+64-year-old+into+attack+mode&articleId=da06bc17-8936-4fa9-ae7b-5fb681f24811

Thanks for the link....

But this has some funny stuff for ARFCOM members...

It also comfirms the chair story on channel 9..

3:30 a.m. intruder puts 64-year-old into attack mode
By DALE VINCENT
Union Leader Staff
10 hours, 22 minutes ago

Manchester – Ron “Whitey” LeBlanc said an intruder made a big mistake when he entered LeBlanc’s 445 Rockland Ave. home early yesterday morning.

“I’m not afraid of nobody,” the 64-year-old Public Service of New Hampshire retiree said.

LeBlanc said he was awakened by a creaking kitchen drawer and went to investigate, leaving his sleeping wife, Susan, behind in the couple’s bed.

“I wanted to know who was in my house at 3:30 (a.m.),” he said. LeBlanc, who sleeps in the nude, said he didn’t let the fact that he was naked stop him from investigating.

When the 6-foot-1, 190-pound homeowner saw a figure coming from his kitchen, “I jumped him. I wanted to wrestle him to the ground.”

He got the man into a headlock, but he broke free, dropping three knives in the process, and fled through a rear sliding door and across the backyard toward Mast Road, near the Goffstown border.

“I’m lucky he didn’t stab me,” said LeBlanc, who didn’t realize the intruder had the knives when he tackled him.

After the man escaped, LeBlanc called police, who were already in the West Side neighborhood in response to a report of a man abandoning a red Jeep Cherokee in front of a Lamprey Street home, a few blocks away.

LeBlanc described the burglar as a white male, 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10, wearing a gray sweater and jeans. Minutes later, police spotted a man matching that description walking on nearby Mast Road.

Police spokesman Sgt. Mark Fowke said a police officer approached the man, later identified as Joseph Reynolds, 23, of 50 Longbrook Road, Goffstown. Reynolds ran, at one point charging into and damaging a parked car. Officer Thomas Dubois was able to arrest Reynolds after a brief struggle.

LeBlanc said the intruder left a set of keys and pliers in the kitchen, near the knife drawer. The keys fit the Jeep Cherokee, which is registered to Reynolds, police said.

LeBlanc said last night he didn’t discover until after the intruder left that he had jammed a chair under the front door knob, effectively preventing anyone from entering the house. He wondered if the intruder planned to turn the husband and wife into hostages, to demand money, or worse.

“Was he gonna hurt us?” LeBlanc said.

Police told him the man was probably high on drugs.

Though he’s never locked his doors in 20 years, LeBlanc said he bought a lock set for his front door yesterday afternoon. He said the burglar apparently tried the locked door of a neighbor’s house, then damaged her fence en route to the LeBlanc house. The intruder ignored his “No Trespassing” and “Beware of Dogs” signs.

LeBlanc said the confrontation in his kitchen was completely silent.

“He never said a word,” LeBlanc marveled.

Reynolds was arraigned yesterday morning in Manchester District Court on a felony burglary charge and misdemeanor charges of resisting arrest, resisting detention and criminal mischief.

No plea could be entered to a felony charge in District Court, so a probable cause hearing scheduled for March 8. Trial on the misdemeanor charges was set for April 12, and bail was set at a total of $10,000 cash/corporate surety.

Print Article | Email a Friend | Submit FeedbackSite Search

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Chair under the door and gathering kitchen knives, eh?

Sounds like he meant for some bad stuff to go down.

Too bad he didn't get shot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I think he is going to be in bigger trouble while in jail. The other prisoners can also read the papers.
Lets face it.. It's going to be amusing to the other prisoners that this ass-clown was attacked and scared  out of a house by a 64 year old naked guy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#19]

One police officer had a hand injury during the capturing of the suspect. The police called an ambulance to take the suspect away who was apparently was out cold under the influence of some drug or alcohol.

Hmmm. I wonder if there’s any connection to the officer’s injury and the suspect’s unconsciousness? Perhaps they should charge this man with assaulting an officer’s fist with his face.

(That’s probably not what really happened. And if it did, the guy had it coming.)
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#20]
It is a shame he didn't get aired out. He obviously had violent intentions, and now he will be out in 90 days.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ROFLMAO, that is classic

+1

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#22]
No doubt he had dirty things in his mind. He was certainly not there just to take jewelry and run.

Really too bad that old guy didn't have an AR in his bedroom.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Hmmm. I wonder if there’s any connection to the officer’s injury and the suspect’s unconsciousness? Perhaps they should charge this man with assaulting an officer’s fist with his face.

(That’s probably not what really happened. And if it did, the guy had it coming.)

Looks like the injury to the police officer may have been caused by a rose bush that was cut down to a foot high last fall.  I found it crushed and in pieces in the area where they finally captured the Ass-clown  in the front yard next to the garage. My mother said that the officer's injuries had debris from a plant or bush in the injury.  

I would have rather heard, that the rose bush had broken off in the suspects ass. At least it would have made it a funnier story..
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:18:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Though he’s never locked his doors in 20 years, LeBlanc said he bought a lock set for his front door yesterday afternoon. He said the burglar apparently tried the locked door of a neighbor’s house, then damaged her fence en route to the LeBlanc house. The intruder ignored his “No Trespassing” and “Beware of Dogs” signs.

He should have tried the "Gun Free Home -- No Guns Allowed" sign.  Well, that might not have worked since the druggie didn't have one. . . .
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:30:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Damage estimate to the car was estimated at $800 by the Ford dealership.

Contact the prosecutor and mention that the suspect damaged your car, also. Demand he be charged accordingly, and demand restitution for the car. Let him pay for it since the whole thing's his fault.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

He should have tried the "Gun Free Home -- No Guns Allowed" sign.  Well, that might not have worked since the druggie didn't have one. . . .

I wonder if the home owner could be suit for not having a sign warning intruders about being attacked by a naked homeowner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top