Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 3:27:39 PM EDT

www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsID/2060221.007/page/2/lang/eng/general_acf/weineck-cobra-780cui-limited-edition

1100 HP, 1760 NMtq

Its body is structured as follows:

MIG welded, self supporting tubular frame (diameter = 4”) to absorb very high torsion forces

all main parts of the chassis are built from aluminium and titanium

aluminium safety fuel tank integrated in tubular frame structure

body completely made from carbon composite materials (deep-drawn)

integrated reinforcements at high-wear points such as doors, hoods

highest quality paint coating individually coloured to the customer’s wishes

single wheel suspension

front and rear axle kept in place by Teflon and Unibal joints

power steering

safety roll-over bars

Brakes / suspension

coil spring system

continuously variable suspension (height and hardness individually adjustable)

all suspension parts are made of aluminium and titanium

specially engineered high-performance brake system (based on Brembo components) with internally ventilated, punched brake discs (front and rear axle) including special high-performance brake pads and Stahlflex brake hoses

braking force (braking deceleration) controlled by an arm of balance system

the engineering and setup of both suspension and brakes guarantees high precision driving (and braking) quality for highest active safety

Wheels / tyres

Front axle : 3-piece 18” Weineck wheels with tyres 255/40 ZR 18 (Intermediate)

Rear axle : 3-piece 18” Weineck wheels with tyres 315/35 ZR 18 (Intermediate)
Engine

* The world’s most powerful car is powered by a naturally aspirated V8 engine with the highest power output and torque of all road-legal cars.
   * The world-unique precision with which this masterpiece is manufactured guarantees its unmatchable performance and at the same time maximum reliability.
   * All parts used for the engine are machined with highest precision to Formula 1 standards.

As follows the setup of the engine

Engine displacement: 780 cui (12.9 L)

Compression ratio: 11.5 : 1

Cylinders: V / 8

Including:

* especially machined distortion free high-precision cylinder block
   * individually machined high-precision crankshaft each crankshaft is fine-balanced using master weights (counter
   * weights simulating the weights of the pistons and connecting rods which are installed later). A more exact balancing of the crankshaft is not possible!!!
   * lowest crankshaft bearing tolerance Crankshaft pins are smoothed to an accuracy of 5 thousandths of a millimetrewhich allows for extremely high revolution rates!!!
   * super high-performance Weineck pistons
   * endless piston rings (to prevent the combustion energy from bypassing the piston)
   * super high-performance Weineck connecting rods
   * individually machined high-performance cylinder heads
   * All cylinder heads are prepared with a 16-knife milling head to ensure the same surface quality throughout the milling process
   * individually machined high-performance valve seats. All valve seats are milled with an accuracy of up to the hundredth part of a millimetre and all three valve seat angles are milled in a single operation
   * individually engineered and machined high-performance lightweight titanium valves
   * individually handmade, super highperformance exhaust manifolds (headers)
   * super high-performance exhaust system
   * super high-performance engine oil cooling system
   * super high-performance gearbox oil cooling system
   * super high-performance rear differential oil cooling system
   * super high-performance ignition system (fully digital) with rev. limiter
   * Max. power: 809 kW / 1,100 hp at 7,000 rpm.
   * Max. torque: 1,760 Nm at 5,600 rpm.
   * Fuel quality: Super plus unleaded 98 ROZ

Performances

* 0-200 km/h 4,9 s.
   * 0-300 km/h 10 s.
   * Weight to power ratio: 0,9 Kg / hp
   * Gearbox / Drivetrain
   * Each piece of THE ULTIMATE is equipped with a 4-speed extra high-performance gearbox to ensure that each owner will be able to (if he dares to do so!) use the car’s power fully at any time.
   * The gearbox is designed to cope with a maximum torque of more than 2,000 Nm!
   * The Driveshafts are individually engineered and machined for the use in THE ULTIMATE which can last more than 2,000 Newtonmeters of torque to ensure that each owner will be able to enjoy the full performance of his car at any time.
   * THE ULTIMATE delivers its power by rear wheel drive.
   * Its rear axle is equipped with a 75% limited slip differential.

Gear ratios

1. gear 2.741
2. gear 1.778
3. gear 1.15
4. gear 0.863
Rear axle ratio: 2.70 : 1
Interior

* The interior of THE ULTIMATE will be designed individually to meet any customer’s wishes.
   * Only finest• leather is being used for the upholstery of the seats.
   * All colours, pipings and sewings can be individually chosen.
   * The rest of the passenger compartment is finished by using Velours carpets
   * For the dashboard, classic Smith instruments are being used.
   * In case of rain the car is equipped with a soft top to protect both the driver and the interior.
   * If requested, a fixed hardtop is also available.
   * The Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition is a unique masterpiece of German Engineering.
   * All products used to build a Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition are engineered and produced by Weineck in Germany.
   * Each car is being delivered with all papers needed to issue a German letter of ownership (Kraftfahrzeugbrief ) under new EU law and a certificate of authenticity stating the serial number of this rare collector’s car.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]

I wonder who the first person that kills themselves in one of those will be...

I know better than to question "why?", because I know the answer, but that is just nuts.

ETA:  I'll take two
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I wonder who the first person that kills themselves in one of those will be...

I know better than to question "why?", because I know the answer, but that is just nuts.

ETA:  I'll take two

Dude if I had that someone asked me why, I would slam on the gas and do the sickest burnout ever.

"THATS WHY!"
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]
car like that with that much power needs all wheel drive. it will never be able to make good use of all the hp in that car otherwise except for top end. as you approach 200mph things get weird and the aerodynamics are very important.

good for bragging rights perhaps. id rather have a veyron.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]
That car would be absolutely uncontrollable by anyone but an experienced racer.  I have found out the hard way the you can have too much power....for the street anyway.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That car would be absolutely uncontrollable by anyone but an experienced racer.  I have found out the hard way the you can have too much power....for the street anyway.  

yep the only direction that thing will go fast is in a circle
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
good for bragging rights perhaps. id rather have a veyron.

I agree with everything else you said but the veyron has to be the butt-ugliest 'supercar' I've ever seen in my life.

Damn that thing looks ridiculous...like a saddle shoe or something.

Separated at birth?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Must have one....no two, because I'll fuck one up trying to figger out how to drive the damn thing, and if I survive, then I get the 2nd one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#9]
What's that power to weight ratio in English?  Stupid metric bullshit!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

1.9lbs to 1 HP
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1

Fucking newton meters is ghey.

American Horsepower and Torque readings only.

Max. power: 809 kW / 1,100 hp at 7,000 rpm.
Max. torque: 1,760 Nm at 5,600 rpm.

American translation:

1084 horsepower
1298 foot pounds of torque
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

American translation:

1084 horsepower

1760NM = 1298 ftlbs
1100 BHP = 1100 AHP
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

American translation:

1084 horsepower

1760NM = 1298 ftlbs
1100 BHP = 1100 AHP

1 kilowatt = 1.34102209 horsepower
809 kW X 1.34102209 =  1084.88 HP
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

American translation:

1084 horsepower

1760NM = 1298 ftlbs
1100 BHP = 1100 AHP

1 kilowatt = 1.34102209 horsepower
809 kW X 1.34102209 =  1084.88 HP

1100 sounds better though
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll say this:

I respect ANY car that is taken to that level or any cobra for that matter.
SO I pay my respects.

BUT, I will say power was never something even the 427 was lacking, it was braking and handling.
So even with a beefed up suspension I don't see how this much power in this car does anygood.
I mean it would be so bad I don't even think saying you have that engine would give you any bragging rights over any other cobra.
That's ALOT of power.

So sweet though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I bet it passes everything on the road except a gas station. It might even make me forget that I'm hung like a Buck gerbil.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm gonna regret this, but here goes.  What most people don't understand is that no tire will get that car to hook up.  The tire could be 5' wide.  Top fuel dragster tires.  Wouldn't matter much.

That's why once you reach a certain point all you do is blow the tires off with less throttle.  Softer gumballs will help but only to an extent.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'm gonna regret this, but here goes.  What most people don't understand is that no tire will get that car to hook up.  The tire could be 5' wide.  Top fuel dragster tires.  Wouldn't matter much.

That's why once you reach a certain point all you do is blow the tires off with less throttle.  Softer gumballs will help but only to an extent.  

I have driven a kit one with a  a pro chargered   5.0  so only around 350-400 HP
you could blow the  305 series tires off in 1-3 they would still spin pretty well in 4th didn't beat 5th gear  much as OD is not real strong in a tremec and it was not my car
seriously fun car though

somebody good *might* be able to get thing around in a hurry on a 10" or so slick at the drag strip  but im betting this thing is buttoned up tight suspension wise  and is not gonna  be real conductive to even a moderate launch at that power level
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Holy crap.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+5,000

All the horses in the world ain't any good, if you can't hook them up to the pavement!

Aren't cobras kinda' "Squirrelly" with a big V8 anyway?????

Make mine an Ariel Atom Thankyouverymuch!!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#22]
When I was growing up the guy up the street had a 72 Vega, tubbed with a full roll cage / tube frame and a 454 bored out to a 485, 4 speed and 4:11 rear gears.

It had a (small) set of wheelie bars out back and a set of blown shocks in the front. Both were well used.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+5,000

All the horses in the world ain't any good, if you can't hook them up to the pavement!

Aren't cobras kinda' "Squirrelly" with a big V8 anyway?????

Make mine an Ariel Atom Thankyouverymuch!!

Tall Shadow

Go look at the turbo mustangs today that

make more HP

Weight more

and have a 10" tire

They hook up.

Every Cobra I ever rode in hooks up pretty well. A superlight car like that might suprise you.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

www.americancarfans.com/news/2060221.007/2060221.007.mini1L.jpg

www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsID/2060221.007/page/2/lang/eng/general_acf/weineck-cobra-780cui-limited-edition

1100 HP, 1760 NMtq

Its body is structured as follows:

MIG welded, self supporting tubular frame (diameter = 4”) to absorb very high torsion forces

all main parts of the chassis are built from aluminium and titanium

aluminium safety fuel tank integrated in tubular frame structure

body completely made from carbon composite materials (deep-drawn)

integrated reinforcements at high-wear points such as doors, hoods

highest quality paint coating individually coloured to the customer’s wishes

single wheel suspension

front and rear axle kept in place by Teflon and Unibal joints

power steering

safety roll-over bars

Brakes / suspension

coil spring system

continuously variable suspension (height and hardness individually adjustable)

all suspension parts are made of aluminium and titanium

specially engineered high-performance brake system (based on Brembo components) with internally ventilated, punched brake discs (front and rear axle) including special high-performance brake pads and Stahlflex brake hoses

braking force (braking deceleration) controlled by an arm of balance system

the engineering and setup of both suspension and brakes guarantees high precision driving (and braking) quality for highest active safety

Wheels / tyres

Front axle : 3-piece 18” Weineck wheels with tyres 255/40 ZR 18 (Intermediate)

Rear axle : 3-piece 18” Weineck wheels with tyres 315/35 ZR 18 (Intermediate)
Engine

* The world’s most powerful car is powered by a naturally aspirated V8 engine with the highest power output and torque of all road-legal cars.
   * The world-unique precision with which this masterpiece is manufactured guarantees its unmatchable performance and at the same time maximum reliability.
   * All parts used for the engine are machined with highest precision to Formula 1 standards.

As follows the setup of the engine

Engine displacement: 780 cui (12.9 L)

Compression ratio: 11.5 : 1

Cylinders: V / 8

Including:

* especially machined distortion free high-precision cylinder block
   * individually machined high-precision crankshaft each crankshaft is fine-balanced using master weights (counter
   * weights simulating the weights of the pistons and connecting rods which are installed later). A more exact balancing of the crankshaft is not possible!!!
   * lowest crankshaft bearing tolerance Crankshaft pins are smoothed to an accuracy of 5 thousandths of a millimetrewhich allows for extremely high revolution rates!!!
   * super high-performance Weineck pistons
   * endless piston rings (to prevent the combustion energy from bypassing the piston)
   * super high-performance Weineck connecting rods
   * individually machined high-performance cylinder heads
   * All cylinder heads are prepared with a 16-knife milling head to ensure the same surface quality throughout the milling process
   * individually machined high-performance valve seats. All valve seats are milled with an accuracy of up to the hundredth part of a millimetre and all three valve seat angles are milled in a single operation
   * individually engineered and machined high-performance lightweight titanium valves
   * individually handmade, super highperformance exhaust manifolds (headers)
   * super high-performance exhaust system
   * super high-performance engine oil cooling system
   * super high-performance gearbox oil cooling system
   * super high-performance rear differential oil cooling system
   * super high-performance ignition system (fully digital) with rev. limiter
   * Max. power: 809 kW / 1,100 hp at 7,000 rpm.
   * Max. torque: 1,760 Nm at 5,600 rpm.
   * Fuel quality: Super plus unleaded 98 ROZ

Performances

* 0-200 km/h 4,9 s.
   * 0-300 km/h 10 s.
   * Weight to power ratio: 0,9 Kg / hp
   * Gearbox / Drivetrain
   * Each piece of THE ULTIMATE is equipped with a 4-speed extra high-performance gearbox to ensure that each owner will be able to (if he dares to do so!) use the car’s power fully at any time.
   * The gearbox is designed to cope with a maximum torque of more than 2,000 Nm!
   * The Driveshafts are individually engineered and machined for the use in THE ULTIMATE which can last more than 2,000 Newtonmeters of torque to ensure that each owner will be able to enjoy the full performance of his car at any time.
   * THE ULTIMATE delivers its power by rear wheel drive.
   * Its rear axle is equipped with a 75% limited slip differential.

Gear ratios

1. gear 2.741
2. gear 1.778
3. gear 1.15
4. gear 0.863
Rear axle ratio: 2.70 : 1
Interior

* The interior of THE ULTIMATE will be designed individually to meet any customer’s wishes.
   * Only finest• leather is being used for the upholstery of the seats.
   * All colours, pipings and sewings can be individually chosen.
   * The rest of the passenger compartment is finished by using Velours carpets
   * For the dashboard, classic Smith instruments are being used.
   * In case of rain the car is equipped with a soft top to protect both the driver and the interior.
   * If requested, a fixed hardtop is also available.
   * The Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition is a unique masterpiece of German Engineering.
   * All products used to build a Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition are engineered and produced by Weineck in Germany.
   * Each car is being delivered with all papers needed to issue a German letter of ownership (Kraftfahrzeugbrief ) under new EU law and a certificate of authenticity stating the serial number of this rare collector’s car.

Whoever thought of putting that hood-scoop on there needs castrated
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top