Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 3:27:05 PM EDT
No its not for me unless after 16 years you can get it annulled. Anyway is there a certain time frame to get a marriage annulled after the wedding
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#1]
thanks for keeping us updated
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Your Welcome!

Its a curiousity thing.

So do you have an answer
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Your Welcome!

Its a curiousity thing.

So do you have an answer

I don't think there was a civil annullment process in any state I've lived in.

Some Christian sects have annullments for cause, but that is a religious vs. civil function and won't get you out of paying child support.

ETA you could claim you are a muslim, and that you are offended by a no annullment process. That would probably get you further than any legitimate claims.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I think there are different types and they are based on time and condition.  I think you can annul within 7-30 days for just about any reason.  Then there are annulments that can be like a year out if the was an unknown, pre-existing, condition like drug addiction (sp?).  It also depends on thne state you're in and I'm talking about legal annulments.   I don't know anything about all the religious issues.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No its not for me unless after 16 years you can get it annulled. Anyway is there a certain time frame to get a marriage annulled after the wedding

Are you referring to an annullment like Britney Spears got with her 55-hour "marriage" or are you referring to a religious annullment?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
For a legal annulment, not a religious annulment, check the statutes in the state where the person lives.  One of my in-laws made a mistake, and then wised up and didn't consummate the marriage.  He was going to divorce her and I suggested after looking up the law in his state, that he try to get an annulment.  One usually must have grounds for an annulment, i.e.  bigamy, fraud, etc.  My in-law was granted an annulment in much less time than a divorce would take also.  In many states, the state statutes are online so you can get a general idea of what grounds there are for an annulment in the particular state.  Consult a divorce and/or family law attorney.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies. My son is getting married without giving the whole thing alot of thought. The woman has lots of credit card debt, treats him like crap, & a 13 y/o crazy daughter that shows him NO respect but he isn't allowed to repremand, and the list goes on. This would be a legal annullment. He doesn't see the hand writting on the wall with this woman. Sometimes kids just don't listen
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. My son is getting married without giving the whole thing alot of thought. The woman has lots of credit card debt, treats him like crap, & a 13 y/o crazy daughter that shows him NO respect but he isn't allowed to repremand, and the list goes on. This would be a legal annullment. He doesn't see the hand writting on the wall with this woman. Sometimes kids just don't listen

Nothing beats experience as a teacher.

He'll learn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top