Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 12:55:25 PM EDT

OLD PRIEST'S DYING WISH

The old priest lay dying in the hospital.  For years he had faithfully served the people of the nation's Capital.  He motioned for one of his aides to come near.

"Yes father" said the aide.

"I would really like to see Ted Kennedy & Charles Schumer before I die", whispered the priest.

"I'll see what I can do, father" replied the aide.

The aide sent the request to the Senate & waited for a response.  Soon the word arrived.  Kennedy & Schumer would be delighted to visit the priest.  As they went to the hospital, Schumer commented to Kennedy "I don't know why the old priest wants to see us, but it will certainly help our images after the number the Republicans have done on us."  Kennedy couldn't help but agree.

When they arrived at the priest's room, the priest took Kennedy's hand in his right hand & Schumer's hand in his left.  There was silence & a look of 'serenity' on the old priest's face.

Finally Senator Kennedy spoke.  "Father, of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"

The old priest slowly replied "I have always tried to 'pattern my life' after our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ."

"AMEN" said Kennedy.  "AMEN" said Schumer.

The old priest continued.  "He died between two thieves.  I would like to do the same."
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]

That was in my afternoons mailbox too.

I had to forward it to a couple people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top