Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 11:19:44 AM EDT

I went into my old job today to get my last paycheck and to order one of these, well I had a good customer order one back in Jan and it was the only one that the store had saw. Well he was in today wanting to put it on consignment, he was only asking $400 and I bought it right there after a quick trip to the bank.

Can't wait to shoot it,he only put 50 rounds through it so it's just like new.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
what is that? looks very evil..
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]
SU-16 pistol?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Its a kaboom waiting to happen.

Shok
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#4]
why can't I ever find deals like that

Oh well.  Tell us how you like it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A cat, I think
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#6]
some of you guys must be the luckiest individuals alive.

the only things that followed me home were stray animals and bar skanks (college was fun)
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Kel-Tec PLR-16

http://www.kel-tec.com/plr16pr.htm
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Ahhh the old KEL TEC KABOOOOOOM!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ahhh the old KEL TEC KABOOOOOOM!

Who has a link to that thread?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Jesus Christ you dumb fucks, it was bad ammo that caused the Kaboom.  KelTec STILL replaced the gun though it was deemed the ammo's fault, AND they changed the design of the carrier as to help prevent  it from the catastrophic ejection that happened in TBS's case, and STILL got him a new gun back to him in less than a fucking week.  And now you fucktards are bad mouthing them?  

There are at least 2, if not 3 AR KB! threads running around where the various gun/ammo manufacturers are dicking around and not stepping up to the plate.  KelTec did even though they were not at fault.  You cannot ask for more than that from a company.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#11]
You got a "Better than new" deal on that.

I wish I would have been there....
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You got a "Better than new" deal on that.

I wish I would have been there....

I'm glad that you weren't
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Jesus Christ you dumb fucks, it was bad ammo that caused the Kaboom.  KelTec STILL replaced the gun though it was deemed the ammo's fault, AND they changed the design of the carrier as to help prevent  it from the catastrophic ejection that happened in TBS's case, and STILL got him a new gun back to him in less than a fucking week.  And now you fucktards are bad mouthing them?  

There are at least 2, if not 3 AR KB! threads running around where the various gun/ammo manufacturers are dicking around and not stepping up to the plate.  KelTec did even though they were not at fault.  You cannot ask for more than that from a company.

Yup.

Like I've stated before, the 223/5.56 round should not be reloaded or your weapon may
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

Like I've stated before, the 223/5.56 round should not be reloaded or your weapon may

IIRC it was a round of regular WWB that did it.  There was a thread in the AK forum of another round of wwb bursting in an AK.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#16]

It's a FN 5.7 that got a load of steroids!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Ya, it was factory loaded WWB.

KT did a full analysis of the gun, concluded it was 100% ammo related.  Most gun companies would then tell you "thanks for playing.  Try calling Winchester"

KT sent him a BRAND NEW pistol, complete with ALL the upgrades that are available, even though TBS didnt have them on his original pistol.

On top of that, due to his case, they re-designed the pistol to make it safer.

It's because of that story that my next gun will be a Kel Tec SUB 2000
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Good god I was just kidding! Seems some here have their panties a little too tight!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

KT did a full analysis of the gun, concluded it was 100% ammo related.  Most gun companies would then tell you "thanks for playing.  Try calling Winchester"

KT sent him a BRAND NEW pistol, complete with ALL the upgrades that are available, even though TBS didnt have them on his original pistol.

That's some phenominal service right there.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Wow.....I didn't know they went that far above the call of customer service like that.

I'm putting a PLR-16 on the top of my "to buy" list.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Two red X's???

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I like the second photo with the target located in the lower right corner of the picture...oh wait....that's a cat......still a nice target.

roy d...the only good cat is a dead cat, unless he can be taught to load magazines.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I like the second photo with the target located in the lower right corner of the picture...oh wait....that's a cat......still a nice target.

roy d...the only good cat is a dead cat, unless he can be taught to load magazines.

She can't load mags :(
Yet
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#24]
that is evil

well done - very nice evil acquisition

SC
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Here's a video of it in action with and without the muzzle brake with various magazine sizes:

www.kel-tec.com/videos/plr1.wmv

Amazing how well that brake works in cutting down the muzzle jump.....gets rid of most of the fireball though
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#26]

So this followed me home today

I'm sorry...  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#27]
looks like a helluva lot of fun, and low recoil to boot

TBS said it was loud... i bet inside like that with bare concrete walls it was DEAFENING
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#28]
The guy I bought it from said it was loud, that was one of the reasons he was selling it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The guy I bought it from said it was loud, that was one of the reasons he was selling it.

Wear eyes and ears (should go without saying anyway)

Plugs under muffs is the only way to fly.

Watch all the "WTF" looks at the range and smile!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anybody else want one of these in 9mm or .45acp?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Does anybody else want one of these in 9mm or .45acp?

what would be the point?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#33]
400 bucks for a cat?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
400 bucks for a cat?

Came with a free gun
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A cat, I think

Mmmmmmm.... Pussssay!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top