Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 10:48:05 AM EDT

I have these faint black squiggles and dots moving across my FOV all the time.

At first I thought it was my contacts, I got the idea to move them around in my eye to see if the dots would move, they didn't, which is a bad thing.

I think I'm starting to get more of them.

Is this normal?
What is it?

What should I do, other than see a doctor, I'll get to that eventually.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#1]
they are "floaters"  go see the doc if they are more than a minor distraction.

how old are you?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

At first I thought it was my contacts, I got the idea to move them around in my eye to see if the dots would move, they didn't, which is a bad thing.

Is this normal?
What is it?

there is such a thing as parasites in the eye...maybe you got em

or it could be this www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/16/187.cfm
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#3]
they do not move at all, go to the doctor now!! Are you diabetic?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Is this normal?
What is it?

Dots and faint black squiggles?

I had a vision phenomenon where everything looked kind of like the predator from the movie "Predator" was moving around in invisible mode. It was migraine with aura but no headache. I had to take breaks from staring at the computer screen while at work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#5]
check yourself for diabetes
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I get them sometimes when I stare at plain white backgrounds. It was odd the first time I noticed them though, because it was in high school and I was looking through a microscope. I thought I'd found something neat until no one else could see them .

I'd go get checked for diabetes just in case though. Mine were simple floaters, you can't be too careful though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Some people get those all the time (Me). I would suggest going to the doctor as soon as you can just to be sure that it isn't something serious.
Some people bleed just a little bit from the retinas when they take ibuprophen type drugs. My eye doctor told me to stop taking that and now I get far less floaters.
For some people it is just natural as you age.

See your EYE doctor to be sure, not an MD
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 on floaters. I've had them since childhood. When I was a kid, I used to think I was seeing air.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
+1 on floaters. I've had them since childhood. When I was a kid, I used to think I was seeing air.  

well I can tell you 100% it's not floaters, he said they didn't move, floaters move around when your eyes or head moves. It could be he has "cotton wool spots' if he's diabetic, or he could of lost cones and rods and other cells from his fundus from posterior vitreous detachment, he didn't say anything about light flashes, but if they do not move they are not floaters
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top