Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2001 7:57:59 PM EDT
Although I am not a fan of many action movies, "The Replacement Killers" is on tv right now, and I must say that Chow Yun Fat (spelled right?) is one bad dude.  He's quiet, cool, and got that "look."  
Personally, I think he could kick VanDamme's, Segal's, and Norris's a$$.  I also remember seeing him on a talk show, and if my memory serves me correctly, he's very soft spoken.

His movies seem unrealistic, but in an old fashioned, shoot-em-up way.

***ptp
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Try watching Boiling Point. One of the most violent movies I have. Theres this one part where Chow, w/a Mossy 590 and an accomplice walk through a hospital blowing everybody away for about 7 min... all in one take. It's awesome.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Try watching Boiling Point. One of the most violent movies I have. Theres this one part where Chow, w/a Mossy 590 and an accomplice walk through a hospital blowing everybody away for about 7 min... all in one take. It's awesome.
View Quote

Do you mean "Hard Boiled?" The one with the shootout in the tea house at the beginning?

Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yer right. My bad. Hard Boiled.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
i tend to avoiud his american films and stick with the Hong Kong made ones

Hard Boiled, The killer, Bullet to the head, etc tec much better then the american films hes been in  
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Please don't mention Norris in the same sentence as VanDamme and Segal.  Those guys couldn't even wear Norris's jock.  Chow Yun Fat might be able to take VanDamme and Segal but Norris takes him out in 5 seconds.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Please don't mention Norris in the same sentence as VanDamme and Segal.  Those guys couldn't even wear Norris's jock.  Chow Yun Fat might be able to take VanDamme and Segal but Norris takes him out in 5 seconds.
View Quote

I would add that Seagal would last longer since he actually had training and VanDamme is just really a coached actor....
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Haven't seen to many Chow Yung Fat movies(didn't think Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was all that great, and I refused to watch the one he did with Jodie Foster). I did like Jet Li in "The Black Mask". Ever notice it gets harder and harder to enjoy action movies the more you learn about guns and weapons tactics.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#8]
try to stay away from the american version of the hongkong action movie and stick to the original.  

CTHD is great if you have NEVER, EVER, EVER, seen a hongkong action movie in your entire life up to that point. I've seen my share, not impressed.

"Anna and the king"?  it's got my vote for "most wasteful of film reels"
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 2:20:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Arnold is the master "tough guy" for action films - and Bruce Lee was (and still is IMO) the real master for fighting.

Chuck needs to retire. Major has-been.

Van Damme is the "girly boy". I think that most guys hate him cause a lot of chics like him. I think people don't give him enough credit.

Segal at least is an advocate for firearm ownership, but he is another has-been.

Chow Yun Fat is okay - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sucked big time.

Just my .02 [}:D]

Tyler

Link Posted: 8/13/2001 3:46:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Post from tylerdurden1201 -
Chuck needs to retire. Major has-been.
View Quote

Easy on Mr. Norris, there. He's 'one of us' and I ain't too sure about Segal & VanDamme's views
on the RKBA.
[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:02:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Eric,

Segal is one of us in a big way.  He has a thing for customized 1911's and has attended several of the better known training courses.  I got my info from a Guns & Ammo several years ago.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Post by DPreacher -
Segal is one of us in a big way.
View Quote

Kewl! That's nice to know! His name will be inscribed on the 'Protected Roll.'[:D]

Eric The(Thanks!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top