Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 7:27:31 AM EDT
To be fair, 90+% of my paypal transactions violated their bullshit policies.
Going through my transaction history, it was totally obvious that I'm a gun person; buying and selling gun stuff.

So, about three months ago they limit my account and start sending me emails about items on my website violate their policy and I need to remove them.
I don't have a website !?!
I ignore them, and get a second warning.

Contact them and tell them that I have no website, and would like them to send me a link to whatever site it is that they are looking at.
They ignore me.

Last night they send me my Final Warning to remove the offending items from my website.
I contact them and tell them that I still don't have a website, they are iliterate retards, and should send me the link or STFU.
This morning my account is closed.

Oh well .....
Luckily the gave me lots of warning, and there wasn't a dime in the paypal account.
So, atleast I don't have to chase after them for my money.

So WTF do I do now?
I tried not to patronize Paypal when I was recieving payments, so as not to give them money, but it was beyond conveneint as an auction payment tool.
Is there another similar service that is popular enough to be functional?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#1]
You got lucky with your timing.  A new, pro gun auction payment service called Gear Pay just went live.  Check them out at www.gearpay.com
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want to be an asshole to paypal, you could get a lawyer to send them a letter about: 1, closing your account for a website you don't have and 2, requesting proof for said website.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you want to be an asshole to paypal, you could get a lawyer to send them a letter about: 1, closing your account for a website you don't have and 2, requesting proof for said website.

+1.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If there's a lawyer here who would be willing to send them harassing letters on my behalf, pro bono, I'd happily take part in causing them some grief.
I can't afford to hire an attorney over this.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Try this   Yowcow
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You got lucky with your timing.  A new, pro gun auction payment service called Gear Pay just went live.  Check them out at www.gearpay.com

I'll check it out and I'm willing to participate in theses ventures, but I doubt that a new service can fill the void.
What paypal has going for it is sheer mass.
It's prevalence is the attraction.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah, it looks like they might get my business.  From their website:

19. Activities not allowable:

Your information and your activities, including payments and receipts of payments, through the GearPay LLC and GearPay.com service shall not:

(1) GearPay.com users are NOT allowed to use their GearPay.com account in fundraising for or to the benefit of Anti-Gun organizations!

(2) GearPay.com users are NOT allowed to use their GearPay.com account in support of Anti-Gun legislation, or Political Organizations/persons that support Anti-gun causes including legal actions against the Gun Industry, Pro-Gun groups or the Second Amendment in general!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#8]
www.uniclear.com
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, it looks like they might get my business.  From their website:

19. Activities not allowable:

Your information and your activities, including payments and receipts of payments, through the GearPay LLC and GearPay.com service shall not:

(1) GearPay.com users are NOT allowed to use their GearPay.com account in fundraising for or to the benefit of Anti-Gun organizations!

(2) GearPay.com users are NOT allowed to use their GearPay.com account in support of Anti-Gun legislation, or Political Organizations/persons that support Anti-gun causes including legal actions against the Gun Industry, Pro-Gun groups or the Second Amendment in general!

Sad thing is-- I bet paypal tries to shut them down and they have to pay high legal costs, if paypal claims to have "patents" which are BS in most cases with software, but can still be awarded when people don't know tech stuff.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#10]
They did the same to me but no warnings and of course no response. I don't have a website and I have no idea why they closed my account. They do keep sending me emails reminding me to log on and find out what steps I need to take in order to reactivate my account or whatever, but of course there's absolutely nothing on there about fixing my account.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top