Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 9:08:41 PM EDT
my kids computer crashed a few days ago.
i had problems to get the harddrive to reformat.and thought i had a bad restore disk.so i was able to find another operating system.while i was waiting to get the new operating system i was able to get the computer to reformat with the restore disk i got with the computer from dell.

Computer work ok for a few days.but last night i checked on the kids and had a message to install boot disk in drive A.
i don't have a boot disk and the other time it didn't say to install disk in drive a.

could this be a sign of a hard drive failure?
if it is do i just buy a new harddrive and install it than install my restore disk and load it?
computer is 4-5 years old.the kids don't get on it alot so i know that they are not getting into anything and messing with the settings.
also running avg virus software.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It's time to buy a new HD.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]
what operating system???

can you boot into safe mode?? (push F8 durning startup)

can you run scandisk or defrag???
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#3]
bought new hard drive and seems that that took care of it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what operating system???

can you boot into safe mode?? (push F8 durning startup)

can you run scandisk or defrag???

running xp.
wanting me to insert a bootdisk.
can not get pass insert boot disk in drive a.

install new hard drive and reinstalled restore disk and it work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top