Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 8:25:18 PM EDT
Does anyone remember this from a year ago?  I was cleaning out my computer and was reading a post that I had saved from over at Glocktalk talking about why everyone seemed so shook up about Mark Wilson's death.  He was the shooting instructor who tried to stop the guy with a rifle shooting up the courthouse.  The shooter had already shot his wife and was about to execute his own fifteen year old son (!) when Wilson shot him from behind - but the shooter had a vest on and he fired back, killing Wilson.  The son did manage to get away to safety.  

This was when I started carrying a trunk gun.

I think Mark Wilson was a hero.  What say you?

Story Link
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You bet he was!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Mark Wilson is without a doubt a hero. If I'm ever in a situation like that, I hope I have half the balls this guy did.

I am NOT calling dupe, but I made a thread about him a few weeks back.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=435380

This guy deserves all the attention he can get. He's a goddamn hero. May he rest in peace.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Happened right down the road from my work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Next Part Of The Story

Arroyo the shitbag got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You bet he was!

+1

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#7]
BTT.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Just wish you could go back in time and hand him a rifle.

Noticed this in the story:

Using his left hand, Smith grabs his service revolver and fires 16 shots into the back cab area of Arroyo's truck.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#9]
He is a Damn Fine American and a Damn Hero!
www.defenseofothers.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top