Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2001 7:19:05 PM EDT
My new Leupold 8.5-25 X 50 mm will be here tomorrow.  I have a question on mounting it.  Where would be the optimum  placement for the rings?  Should they be centered as much as possible between windage and elevation adjustments and the lenses or a little closer forward the the objective to offset the heavy weight of the 50 mm lens?  It will be mounted on an accuracy speaks extended rail.  Are there any other tricks to ensure rock solid mounting to the flat top?  What about a third ring?  Any help would be appreciated.[:\]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My friend has the same scope on a Les Baer rifle. First off, make sure you use good rings like Leupold Mark IV rings. GET THE TORQUE WRENCH TOO! You don't need to worry about balancing it, but what you need to do is make sure you adjust the eye piece along with the AO and the side focus to the base distance you want so you can have the proper eye relief along with the the proper focus. Thus, you may want to put the rings either farther up or down the rail to move the scope either closer or farther from your eye. YOu don't need a third ring either, just make sure you use good rings and a torque wrench. The Mark IV is ideal for that.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top