Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 8:04:48 PM EDT
So I am selling an old barely working Ipod on ebay for $10 and I get this E-mail

Dear seller,
I am Dr Philip Smith,i am interested in the immediate purchase of your item.I will offer you US$400.00 including shipping fee via USPS global exress mail to Africa because it is needed urgently for my coulegue son birthday that will comence there i would have loved to recieve the shipment here and later send to him but due to my kind
of job,i travel alot and that is why i need you to send straight to him.
I will be making payment right away,i shall also be paying this total amount via(United State Postal Servece Money Order) and so i will want to complete the transaction in a very timely manner and shipped out immediately after you are been notify of the payment Approval.All i need is your valid details such as:Name,Adress,City, State,
zip-code and country to make the payment as soon as possible
Hope to hear from you soon

Who would even fall for  this? You can buy a new Ipod for $200. "Philip Smith" from Africa, sureeee you are Philip. How the hell is he going to scam me anyway? How can I f*ck with him?

Regards,
Dr smith....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
He will try to get you to cancel the auction and do an Off EBay transaction.  He will send a fake postal money order, or try to get you to ship before payment is received.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He will try to get you to cancel the auction and do an Off EBay transaction.  He will send a fake postal money order, or try to get you to ship before payment is received.

Makes sense, but who sends an item before they have cash in hand or before the cash the MO. I hate these people
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you going to send this guy your real name and address?  Sounds like a good way to meet the governor!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are you going to send this guy your real name and address?  Sounds like a good way to meet the governor!

no way
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Be careful you don't get deaded by the Governor's clique mob.  Linky
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top