Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 5:13:53 PM EDT
This show has been talked about quite a bit, but I was wondering if there is any other show on TV right now that can even come close to the pure quantity of anti gun messages per show that T-SWAT has.

I don't think anything else comes close. Tonight they hyped up an encounter that the team was going to have with an AK-47 Assault Rifle. They spent a large amount of the show descibing how dangerous and cheap they are, and how they are a growing threat. An officer gave demonstrations of the gun firing into a cinder block blowing it up, and a rapid fire demo. He then had a commentary about how they are weapons of war and so on.

After this huge build up about AK 47 Assault rifles, and how they can shoot 600 rounds per minute, and the suspect they were targeting had one with a 50 round "bannana clip" with one in the pipe, and was ready to use it, they take the guy down. What do they find? According to the commentary, it's an AK 47 assault rifle. One look at the weapon shows that it is clearly a cheap crappy SKS.

I wonder if they even care that they are completely wrong, and they are marketing hype and an anti gun agenda. I think they are looking for sensationalism, but it is definitely anti gun.

This is just one example of how slanted this show is. I'm sick of it and won't be watching this any more. I'm going to write a letter or two that addresses these issues. I think this might be one of the single most harmful anti gun shows on television right now.

Just thought I'd vent, this stuff gets me all bent out of shape.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got done watching it and I thought the same thing myself. Ecspecially when the guy showed the AK clone.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I understand your frustation, I think a lot of LE think like this. It's just the way it is - they don't help our cause very much. 600 rounds per minute would be pretty difficult in semi-auto.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
the show sucks and I stopped watching after the first episode...

if they truly are anti-gunners then this would only reaffirm my belief that the show sucks.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Now Now I wasnt meaning to turn this thing into another cop bashing thread, I was just agreeing with the guy that the way the is played out it is very anti-gun.

Please tell me if I miss understood your post rocers.

Carter
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
they did the same with MAC10 on the show - I DVR them all for future reference --->>>they SUCK!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Now, I could understand if the guys on the team expressed some concern about being engaged by an AK type rifle, or any other military style, or hunting rifle for that matter. This show goes way beyond just addressing some of the issues, it hypes them up. They regularly show off the crappy collection of weapons that they find after taking down an objective. That's when they wax on and on about how uber deadly every one of those weapons is no matter if it's a rusted out old single shot .410, or a jacked up looking tech nine. It always sounds like they had their lines written for them by the Brady campaign. I have seen two episode now that have had AK-47 demonstrations. One of them showed off a real AKM with select fire capability, and then tried to explain how anyone could buy it.

The elitist attitude about gun ownership is palpable.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
It is TEH SUCK.

I need one of those SKS's that fire 600 rounds per minute.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
That's funny.  I was just watching and thinking that too.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#9]
That honor would go to Law and Order.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I understand your frustation, I think a lot of LE think like this. It's just the way it is - they don't help our cause very much. 600 rounds per minute would be pretty difficult in semi-auto.

The LE guys are not the ones producing the show.  I'm sure they don't know how its going to come out until they see it on tv themselves.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

LOL! I spent a few minutes trying to decide for myself if that show is actually worse or not. It's a close one in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#12]
www.courttv.com/onair/shows/texas_swat/

had to look it up.
looks like a standard Tard show.  kind of like cops.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#13]
anything on MTV is the most anti-gun show.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sure they (and a lot of other SWAT teams/police agencies) are in a huge hurry to shut the show down and make it right after seeing how anti-gun they slant these shows........

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The LE guys are not the ones producing the show.  I'm sure they don't know how its going to come out until they see it on tv themselves.

I wouldn't personally blame the LEOs either. I'm sure they're given loaded questions and have their answers selectively chosen. The producer is to fault for any bias in the show. I know there are some anti cops, but I've met anti gun Military folks too. It's strange and hard to understand, but oh well. Most real street cops I've met are not anti gun. I did not mean for this post to be a cop bashing fest. I have no beef at all with the SWAT guys. The few SWAT guys I've met or trained with have been stand up people and very pro gun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
anything on MTV is the most anti-gun show.

Anything on PBS
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It is TEH SUCK.

I need one of those SKS's that fire 600 rounds per minute.

Wow, he must be really quick with those clips
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I didn't even make it through one episode, the Plano swat (suburb of Dallas) is 10 times better than the crappy Dallas teams.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Well stop watching it. If enough people do that, it will be cancelled.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

yep L&O there is diffrence between the  hype and ignorance on SWAT as opposed to outright fabrication and lies on the L&O show

that said that SWAT show is pathetic
was this a existing team or did they cherry pick the handsome metrosexual guys for the show  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#21]
never watched it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
they did the same with MAC10 on the show - I DVR them all for future reference --->>>they SUCK!

MAC10's are evil and should be BANNED!  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#23]
AKs continue to be demonized at every turn. I really believe that they will be the next weapon to be banned in the US. All imports of weapons or parts will cease. Then they will go after anyone assembling them or manufacturing them.

The best advice? Buy as a many of the AKs as you want now. You will not be able to do this in the future.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Most cops and military would have ZERO problems follwing an order to disarm you. They show just reflects something common.

Sure on a site like this  most (except for a few) will be pro RKBA, but from the most cops I talked to, they would have NO problem with it. When I was in the Army, most guys said they would have NO problems with it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I haven't watched it, but (and I'm not going to yell DUPE) but I am going to say that I've heard about it before and it's pretty stupid.  It's crazy how they can misrepresent the facts.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Most cops and military would have ZERO problems follwing an order to disarm you. They show just reflects something common.

Sure on a site like this  most (except for a few) will be pro RKBA, but from the most cops I talked to, they would have NO problem with it. When I was in the Army, most guys said they would have NO problems with it.

a HUGE +1
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
www.courttv.com/onair/shows/texas_swat/

had to look it up.
looks like a standard Tard show.  kind of like cops.  

Cops is a lot better.  IMO, YMMV and all that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yup.  They all wipe their ass with the Constitution, that apparently they can't read.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'm sure they (and a lot of other SWAT teams/police agencies) are in a huge hurry to shut the show down and make it right after seeing how anti-gun they slant these shows........

Itll probably be quoted as a "reliable" source by the antigun scumshits.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!
Violence of action!

They played that fiddle a little too loudly on Dallas SWAT.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Well they might run into one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I watched 10 minutes of that show and it was showing the saga of a swat team member getting a haircut form his girlfriend. Never went back.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I had a really good friend join the Sherifs department.  Before joining he was as gung ho about firearm ownership as I am.  After the academy, he is almost anti now.

I think they slam into your brain so much that guns are bad, guns kills you, and to be wary of everyone, that you start thinking that way.  That your world would be better off without guns.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#35]
don't expect those guys on those gun bashing shows to actually know anything about guns...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bannana clip!
Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bannana clip!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#38]
No - its not the most anti gun...

The fact is these guys face down thugs with guns almost every day. So they are thinking about themselves and thier family - vs an honest citizens right to own guns.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I watched 10 minutes of that show and it was showing the saga of a swat team member getting a haircut form his girlfriend. Never went back.

You didn't miss much. He took her to dinner at a fancy restaurant and then they went to the opera.

Way too much drama for me. I was on the edge of my seat.

Isn't that the other SWAT show on A&E though?  I think this one is on Court TV.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
No - its not the most anti gun...

The fact is these guys face down thugs with guns almost every day. So they are thinking about themselves and thier family - vs an honest citizens right to own guns.

All they care about is themselves and their family.  I've seen more than my share of them blatantly say on police forums around the internet they don't give a damn about anyone else outside the police department except family.  One I remember vividly said: "We care about us, fuck everyone else"  

Very nice.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#41]

I know there are some anti cops, but I've met anti gun Military folks too. It's strange and hard to understand, but oh well.  

When I was in the Army, I remember when my very first battalion commander got up to address our unit after a battalion run, and give the weekend safety briefing before one of those four-day holiday weekends.  After giving the standard warnings ("don't drink and drive", "wear a condom", etc.), he launched into a long, heartfelt, and bizarre anti-gun screed, in which he cast scorn on the 2nd Amendment, mocked people who owned guns for self-defense as "paranoid wannabes", and flatly stated that no one outside law enforcement or the military should be allowed to possess a handgun.

This guy was a decorated long-time Infantry officer, who had spent much of his career in "elite" light infantry units such as the 82nd Airborne and 75th Ranger Regiment.

So, yes, there are clearly anti-gun elitists both in law enforcement and the military.  However, having served in both, I would submit that the majority of the rank-and-file of both institutions are pretty solidly pro-Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:59:09 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
that said that SWAT show is pathetic
was this a existing team or did they cherry pick the handsome metrosexual guys for the show

i was wondering about that same damn thing!!! i watched one show cuz some guys here were creaming their calvin kleins over the show and thought those were the prettiest men i'd ever seen. i thought this might have been in the "reno 911" vein. especially when the big buff black twat member had the blonde mud shark whore ooohing and ahhhing all over him. i thought that was a real hollyweird touch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#43]
To much talk, not enough bang.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:12:32 AM EDT
[#44]
I just want to know where they are selling the $200 select fire AK's that fire 600 rpm?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

+1

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top