Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 4:04:08 PM EDT
I'm considering an Eco-drive, nighthawk model.  Any pro or cons?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have the Nighthawk model, but I do have the Blue Angels watch.  I really like the watch, and it is really nice to never have to worry about batteries.  The watch seems very durable and I only have a scratch or two and I have really worn that watch alot and probably abused it some

The only problem that I have had with it is finding a replacement watch band.  One of the internal pins on mine sheared off and I cannot just replace the pin.  I have not ordered one yet because I have been meaning to check to see whether or not there is a warranty but I have not taken the time to locate the box.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Citizens are classy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Citizens are classy.

Indeed
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an eco-drive dive watch (the kind with the built-in depth gauge).

I really like it, and wear it every day.  In contrast to the very nice Blue Angels one that civprod, the internal battery that gets charged on this model is smaller.  I'm mentioning that because I originally noticed that when I was looking at the specs, and wondered about it - but it is a compelte non-issue.  I have worn this watch literally non-stop for years now, and it has never gotten low on battery.

Any light charges it (although strong sunlight the best I suppose), but I sometimes don't leave my house or office for weeks, and this thing has never gotten low on power.

I really like it.

My only complaint is that the rubbed band for the dive model had no-decompression times/depths printed on it, but those rubbed off within a year or so.  Not a big deal since most of my diving is nitrox now anyway, and it would only have been an emergency third back-up in any event.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I was going to buy one of the Citizen aviator watches but a friend of mine got one first - that changed my mind.

It's a wonderful watch but with my 50 year old eyes couldn't read a damn thing on the watch - the writing is just to small.

Back when I was younger and could see I would have bought one in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have an eco-drive dive watch (the kind with the built-in depth gauge).

I really like it, and wear it every day.  In contrast to the very nice Blue Angels one that civprod, the internal battery that gets charged on this model is smaller.  I'm mentioning that because I originally noticed that when I was looking at the specs, and wondered about it - but it is a compelte non-issue.  I have worn this watch literally non-stop for years now, and it has never gotten low on battery.

Any light charges it (although strong sunlight the best I suppose), but I sometimes don't leave my house or office for weeks, and this thing has never gotten low on power.

I really like it.

My only complaint is that the rubbed band for the dive model had no-decompression times/depths printed on it, but those rubbed off within a year or so.  Not a big deal since most of my diving is nitrox now anyway, and it would only have been an emergency third back-up in any event.

Cool, the dive models are sweet.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a Titanium WR100, I like it.

+1  Haven't had any problems.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I've bought three Citizen divers watches; I still have all three and they all work 100%. They are all at least six years old, the olders one being 12 years old. They are all beat-up but they run super! By one, you wont be sorry.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Cool, the dive models are sweet.  

The depth gauge feature is very neat, and I actually find myself often using it at decompression/safety stops, rather than using my computer.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought my oldest son an Echo-Drive for his graduation from college, and he says it's the most accurate watch he's ever owned, and gets compliments on it all the time.

I think Citizen makes a doggone fine watch.

HH
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Citizen it is.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Make sure you get one in Tactical Titanium, 'cause anything made out of titanium is cool.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I got one an Eco-Drive WR200 Titanium, very light, very nice.....

Wear it every day to work.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a Citizen Pro Master dive watch that is about 12 years old. It still works great but is so heavy I kept breaking the watchband pins. My wife gave it to me so I can't complain, but why would they put a white face on a dive watch?
I really miss my old U.S.Diver's Doxa dive watch.
Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top