Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 11:42:02 AM EDT
I was thinking maybe a chicken was flying over my car and decided it wanted to lay a egg.. no that wont work chickens dont really fly..

Okay real theory
I have 2 12 inch subs and a amp in my car and jam my stereo all the time and some times I am sure I annoy my neighbors althought I do try to be polite most of the time and turn it down but what if some one egged my car to see if I have a alarm, my thought it my alarm goes off they dont break into it no alarm return the next night and steal my set-up.

I have the factory alarm if any doors ajar then it goes off that goes for trunk and hood but its not vibration sensative.

I really dont want my windows broken so they can open the door just to see that I have a factory type alarm , what should I do ?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
how about turning your radio way down like normal people, or even better turn it off......
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
how about turning your radio way down like normal people, or even better turn it off......

anyone with any insightfull replies?

Like I said I do turn it down when I get into a neighborhood
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I would rip everything out. RIGHT AWAY!!

Or you could sleep in the car for a few nights.

And then rip everything out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#4]
You seem to assume that they egged your car to see if you have an alarm.

Maybe they egged your car to convince you not to force them to listen to your music ?

Just a thought...

Ed
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#5]
might have been just a random event. in high school we use to have "egg wars"  apparrently the city thought it was so bad that we threw eggs at the upper / lower classmen IN THE WOODS of a park, they decided it was neccisary to ban selling eggs to anyone under 18 in the city during those weeks and... fly over the parks with a helicopters\ with infra-red cameras, boost up the police patrol at night etc etc. sound a little bit excessive?

well, once in a while, an incident like yours would happen, a freshmen or someone would use a car for target practice.

we pretty much decided egg wars was cheaper than paintball.  i wouldnt lose much sleep over it, since you have an alarm ( if anyone will respond when the alarm sounds )
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Maybe they egged your car to convince you not to force them to listen to your music ?

Just a thought...

Ed

Yeah I thought that couuld be the case also but I normally always turn it down once I come in from a main road into a neighborhood mainley because I dont want to draw attention to myself and car.

If anything I hope that was the case.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's what I would wonder about.

Of the opinion of "turning down" loud music is different between the person who plays it, and the perosn who doesn't want to hear it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I think you might be reading too much into it.  Probably just some kids out looking for a thrill.  They see a hot looking car (or in your case, a car that just happened to be there) and figure, why not.  Either that, or perhaps you had a laden swallow fly over your car that was a bit too heavily laden.  MJD
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hmmmmm ....... I think Ed might have something there.

We can do an experiment to prove his theory:

Ok, what you have to do first is turn the music down. (it's that BOOM BOOM crap, isn't it?)

Anyway, so the music is turned down and for the experiment to be successful, we have to leave it down until you turn 40 years old.

If you find no more eggs on your car .......... BINGO! The culprit is revealed and problem solved.

No thanks required. I just felt like being helpful today.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#10]
If your radio can be heard (of felt) 5 feet outside of your car, it's too damn loud.

Ditch the subs and put a normal radio in your car.

And I would like to do more than egg the car of those idiots who feel it's their 'right' to blast their music, and force people 20 feet away to 'feel' thier music.

If I had my druthers, I'd put a few rounds in the head unit, a few in each speaker, a few in the battery, a few in the amp, and a few in the owner.l
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmmmm ....... I think Ed might have something there.

We can do an experiment to prove his theory:

Ok, what you have to do first is turn the music down. (it's that BOOM BOOM crap, isn't it?)

Anyway, so the music is turned down and for the experiment to be successful, we have to leave it down until you turn 40 years old.

If you find no more eggs on your car .......... BINGO! The culprit is revealed and problem solved.

No thanks required. I just felt like being helpful today.

NOt always boom boom crap , I listen to alot of tool and jazz also
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Either you've annoyed someone with the music/car alarm, or someone's just flat out jealous.  I'd start with the former.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#13]
First, chickens do fly, When they want to.

Second, the egg was a warning. Next time it will be twin 40mm Bofors.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a thought...

Ed

Yeah I thought that couuld be the case also but I normally always turn it down once I come in from a main road into a neighborhood mainley because I dont want to draw attention to myself and car.

If anything I hope that was the case.

If it is not anyone from your neighborhood, it could still be people from the car wash, local park, stop n rob or anywhere else you blast the "tunes"
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Your loud music is a pain to other people wherever you go.  Why do you think you have the right to assault other peoples' ear drums?  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+a bagillion
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1   Well said!!!

Loud car stereos are one of THE MOST FUCKING ANNOYING things I can thing of..Blasting that crap, in most people opinion is just stupid. Not impressive, stupid...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1   Well said!!!

Loud car stereos are one of THE MOST FUCKING ANNOYING things I can thing of..Blasting that crap, in most people opinion is just stupid. Not impressive, stupid...

When you hear/see this car driving by it does make one say to themselves, Yup that guy is an immature idiot.
Save blasting your music for the highway, where it won't disturb anyone.
I like to blast my music as well but we do live in a world with other people and should at least offer them the respect of not forcing our whatever down their throats.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top