Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 8:43:57 AM EDT
These damn things are nasty!

Whichever one of you suggested to the board that they were yummy should be keelhauled.

Why anyone would want to waste prefectly good chocolate by putting it on real COFFEE BEANS and then eating them, is insane!

Chocolate and caramel = great
Chocolate and peanut butter = good
Chocolate and nuts = awesome
Chocolate and coffee beans =

teh suck, teh suck, teh suck

Poll added!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You are crazy.  They are great.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
this just in:

chocolate covered soybeans also are bad.

as are chocolate covered Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Some things you just gotta use common sense about.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I was going to try to combine the two best foods known to man, but chocolate-covered bacon just didn't go over well in the test markets.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Coffee beans were not meant to be eaten!!

What is the next stupid idea?  Chocolate coffee bark using ground coffee??  Oooooh, so yummy!

Insanity!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I use them to stay awake.  

Tastey?  No.  Good for your teeth?  Nope.  Keep you up?  YEP!

- BG
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Sacrilege!!! Chocolate covered espresso beans are *AWESOME*!! If you can find DARK CHOCOLATE
covered espresso beans, so much the better! I'm going through withdrawal just thinking about them....

Sam
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You are crazy.  They are great.

Me too!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Coffee beans were not meant to be eaten!!

Technically incorrect.

The coffee "bean" is actually not a bean at all. It is in fact the pit of a fruit.

Now back to the discussion as to why chocolate covered coffee "beans" suck.

P.S.- The do suck. They taste like an anchovies ass (call it a hunch), make me wired like a meth addict and take about 4.2 seconds to cook up and begin to expell a turd that would make a loaf of pumpernickle look like a joke.

No thanks. I'll pass. Once was plenty.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#9]
i like 'em

ever had chocolate gravy?  that's some good stuff too.

we mix everything in the south
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I kind of like them.  They will certainly wake you up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was going to try to combine the two best foods known to man, but chocolate-covered bacon just didn't go over well in the test markets.  

That's because you didn't deep-fry it.  Deep-fried, it would be a winner.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i like 'em

ever had chocolate gravy?  that's some good stuff too.

we mix everything in the south

I hear ya!

Chocolate gravy and biscuits.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Clearly this needs a poll!

I like 'em.

aa
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:57:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You are on to something, but you need to substitute BBQ sauce for chocalate.
Bacon and BBQ sauce are 2 of the best foods known to man.  
Also, cheese is a close 3rd.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:11:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Anything even remotely coffee flavored is teh suck.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:27:30 AM EDT
[#17]
It was from the Trader Joe's thread.

I went to TJ's and tried to find them.  Couldn't find them.

The Super Crunch Toffee cereal was pretty good though.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:31:35 AM EDT
[#18]
What about chocolate coated chocolate pie when you're feelin a touch of Jungle Fever coming on...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:35:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Shit, I could probably eat a wastebasket full of chocolate-covered espresso beans.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Sacrilege!!! Chocolate covered espresso beans are *AWESOME*!! If you can find DARK CHOCOLATE
covered espresso beans, so much the better! I'm going through withdrawal just thinking about them....

Sam

I have to agree.  I recently discovered the joys of Choxie dark chocolate covered espresso beans.  I love the things, would go through 4 a day or more.  This post reminds me, I should pick up a can when I go to work.  Supposedly there is a milk chocolate variety.  I will have to try that.  I can't stand just straight coffee, tastes like bitter water to my taste buds, ymmv.  Mix coffee with chocolate, and I will devour it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's because you didn't deep-fry it.  Deep-fried, it would be a winner.

Deep-fried Mars bars anyone?

Deep-fried Mars myth is dispelled  
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4103415.stm

Deep-fried Mars bar are on sale right across Scotland

The deep-fried Mars bar is alive and well in Scotland with more than a fifth of chip shops serving up the delicacy.

A study by NHS Greater Glasgow found 22% of Scottish take-aways had the foodstuff on its menu and another 17% used to sell them.

Researchers surveyed 500 chip shops and found children are the main buyers, with one shop selling up to 200 a week.

The first report of battered Mars bars being up for sale appeared in the Scottish Daily Record in August 1995.

Scotland has had a reputation as the home of the deep-fried chocolate for many years and it has become something of an urban myth outside of the country.

We can now confirm that there is no doubt, the deep-fried Mars bar is not just an urban myth

Dr Morrison
Greater Glasgow Health Board  

But the findings of the health board has proved they are actually for sale.

The shops they interviewed also reported they have been asked to deep-fry Snickers, Creme Eggs, and pizzas in the past.

Dr David Morrison, consultant in public health medicine, said, "We live in Scotland but we'd never actually seen deep-fried Mars bars for sale.

"We thought they might be fictitious. But the Scottish diet is a major health issue and it's important to know what the facts are.

"We can now confirm that there is no doubt, the deep-fried Mars bar is not just an urban myth."

American mention

Dr Morrison and his colleague Dr Mark Petticrew decided to conduct the survey after they received a recent mention on US television's NBC Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Their study is published in the December issue of the medical journal the Lancet.

The Mars bar was first produced in 1920 by Frank and Ethel Mars in Tacoma, Washington, in the US.

It was locally named the Milky Way bar but called the Mars bar in Europe.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:48:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Gotta disagree with ya....

DARK chocolate expresso beans are the best, and the ultimate pick me up. Great when driving!

Mmmmmm
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Those things are awesome.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
These damn things are nasty!

Whichever one of you suggested to the board that they were yummy should be keelhauled.

Why anyone would want to waste prefectly good chocolate by putting it on real COFFEE BEANS and then eating them, is insane!

Chocolate and caramel = great
Chocolate and peanut butter = good
Chocolate and nuts = awesome
Chocolate and coffee beans =

teh suck, teh suck, teh suck

Evidently your tastebuds have not matured enough to enjoy this simple delicacy
Oh well, more beans for me...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are on to something, but you need to substitute BBQ sauce for chocalate.
Bacon and BBQ sauce are 2 of the best foods known to man.
Also, cheese is a close 3rd.

I think Slim-Jims® are also in that list...

...oh, and smoked almonds, too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
It was from the Trader Joe's thread.

I went to TJ's and tried to find them.  Couldn't find them.

The Super Crunch Toffee cereal was pretty good though.  

I also got them at TJs

The super toffee crunch was yummy though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top