Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/22/2006 4:33:00 AM EDT
What is wrong with these people? She wacked a kid with braces in the mouth with a dodge ball and is charged with battry. Unreal.

www.nbc4.tv/sports/7096612/detail.html

May not be getting the whole story here but still................
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#1]

The district attorney's office also is frustrated by not being able to legally and publicly divulge all the facts in the case, Parks reported.

Cry me a f'ing river.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:37:54 AM EDT
[#2]

The district attorney, probation and sheriff's departments agreed with the school that the boy was repeatedly and unnecessarily hit with the ball and they filed charges against the students.

Congratulations to the boy's parents for allowing this to continue!  
Your son is a candy-assed wimp who gets his ass kicked by girls.  He will never live this down.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:45:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Todays kids are gonna grow up to be a bunch of wimps if this keeps up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:47:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+ A Bazillion!

Our country is in BIG trouble with the pussification of the next generation.
It's really sad
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:48:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:51:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Mountain out of a Mole Hill.

To play Devils Advocate she probably did pound the ever lovin' crap out of the boy with braces.  Yeah, that's messed up, and that "Apology Letter" the DA suggested would have been a good idea to cool off the *cough* "victims" parents.

$0.02
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:53:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Dodge ball is the DEVIL and wedgies are sexual assaults.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:56:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Hahahah.....wait, what?

That's the whole point of Dodgeball is to nail the fucking ever-living shit out of the opposite team.

Nuts, faces, boobs, stomachs....all fair game in high school.  Is Junior High different?

Maybe.....the Prosecutors dudecki?  Maybe yes......maybe definitely.

Wtf?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#9]
What the hell, I got my nose broke back in school playing dodgeball. I need to go back and sue the shit out of them. I want my payday dammit.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:06:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't even wrap my mind around that one.

What is this world coming too?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dodge ball is the DEVIL and wedgies are sexual assaults.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:13:36 AM EDT
[#12]

"I don't think I did (commit a crime)," Brittney told NBC4's Mary Parks. "I thought I was just playing a dodge ball game. I never thought it would come up to this level."

For seven years, Schneiders made the honor roll and received good citizenship awards, but the teen soccer star is in a legal mess over a game of "Wall Ball."

LOL...!

I bet this chick kicked the shit out of the sissy with the ball.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:18:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Only in Kalifornisatn
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:22:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Only in Kalifornisatn

Do you really wanna play the game of "LET'S FIND ALL THE STUPID THINGS PEOPLE IN MY STATE DID TODAY"...?

Or are you really that naive?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:23:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Only in Kalifornisatn

Do you really wanna play the game of "LET'S FIND ALL THE STUPID THINGS PEOPLE IN MY STATE DID TODAY"...?

Or are you really that naive?

I'm not. Stupid shit happens everywhere these days.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I got and I gave in dodgeball when I was a kid.

I survived OK without lawsuits.  What's wrong with me?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:27:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hahahah.....wait, what?

That's the whole point of Dodgeball is to nail the fucking ever-living shit out of the opposite team.

Nuts, faces, boobs, stomachs....all fair game in high school.  Is Junior High different?

Wtf?

<remembers dodgeball painfully...and kicking Glenn Ri*** in the stones when she recovered...>
Dammit...I bet he stunted their growth!
I wanna sue!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:32:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:36:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hahahah.....wait, what?

Wtf?

<remembers dodgeball painfully...and kicking Glenn Ri*** in the stones when she recovered...>
Dammit...I bet he stunted their growth!
I wanna sue!

I once grabbed a girls boob on accidentally playing football in the gym.  I was trying to throw the ball and she came running up so i tried to grab her shoulder to push her off and got a nice handful of 32B boobs.
Her =
Me =
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:39:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I once grabbed a girls boob on accidentally playing football in the gym.  I was trying to throw the ball and she came running up so i tried to grab her shoulder to push her off and got a nice handful of 32B boobs.
Her =
Me =

Oh please...I've been the victim of an accidental "grab" more times than I can count...we KNOW it was no accident...Just like that 6year old last week here in MA, you should be suspended for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:44:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ A Bazillion!

Our country is in BIG trouble with the pussification of the next generation.
It's really sad

EXACTLY what I was going to say.  I had braces when I was younger and don't know how many times I left the playground bleeding.  Its part of the territory.  I agree that this kid is never going to live it down.  These kind of storys make me sick.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#23]
I remember when we played in High School.  We started off using tennis balls and after one student had his glasses destroyed and nearly lost an eye we switched to volleyballs.  Then the coach didn't think there was enough carnage so he cut the playing court in half.  I can still remember taking our shirts off after class to find the brand name of the volleyball company imprinted in our skin.  No one thought of suing, we did team up and try to get back at the big dude who was inflicting pain on the rest of us.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:45:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Is this more of the pussification of America, or is it just another bullshit "payday" lawsuit made possible with the so-called "ethical" lawyers of this country?

I don't support "tort reform" in the strictest sense, but damnit, something needs to be done to change the direction the court system in this Country has been headed. I'm actually starting to believe the "loser pays" system might be a good thing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:02:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

They already have. In 10-20 years the full damage of today's bad parenting
show its results. Sad.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I thnk it's great.  About time the soccer moms and soccer stars everywhere live by the rules they would impose on others.  They like this kind of stuff, OK, live by it.  About time they can't just stand back and smirk while someone else is screwed over by their nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:14:51 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Your son is a candy-assed wimp who gets his ass kicked by girls.  He will never live this down.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Only in Kalifornisatn

+88 Only in Kalifornisatan
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Remember the 4 D's.

Dodge
Duck
Dive
Dodge
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Whatever happened to kids being kids? This is unbelievable. If I were an involved parent, I wouldn't take it to court too. It's freakin' dodgeball.

A fat lip.

Not only are we seeing the upbringing of a nation of cowards, we are also seeing the pussification of it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#31]

But Brittney's father, Ray Schneiders, believes the law has gone overboard.

"We are not parents who see our princess can do no wrong," Ray Schneiders said. "It is all about power and the manic egos of those who possess and abuse it."

He's absolutely, 100% correct. The DA in this case is abusing his power. Hell, how does the DA's office even have time for this shit?

David Hidalgo, supervising deputy district attorney for San Bernardino County, told NBC4 that although it is illegal for his office to discuss specific cases, he notes that there is always the option of community service or a letter of apology to resolve a case.

No matter how much I think that the girl is in the right, and no matter how much I think that the DA is a douchebag, I have to say that the dad should cave on this one. Make her do a little volunteer work, make her write a letter of apology and save her future.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#32]
When I was 12, and a cute girl gave me a fat lip, we called it courting.  You got a mercy kiss on the cheek and bragging rights to your buddies.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Remember the 4 D's.

Dodge
Duck
Dive
Dodge

its 5 Ds and you forgot Dip.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#34]
At the rate lawsuits are going we'll have to pull our kids out of grade school gym class for fear of being sued if they kick someone with a friggin' soccer ball!!! I'm waiting for the lawsuit brought by someone for being looked at in a offensive manner.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Ban dodgeballs.  It's for the children.  The game teaches one to be hostile.

California, where banning is everything.

Max
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Good arrest.  I am glad the government and police are taking care of the crime in this country.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#37]
It looks like they broke up a gang fight ring.

The district attorney, probation and sheriff's departments agreed with the school that the boy was repeatedly and unnecessarily hit with the ball and they filed charges against the students.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Good Lord.....
Maybe they should only be allowed to blow bubbles, then they can all run around squealing like a bunch of girls trying to "not get hit" by one.

Well, maybe not.....somebody's parents will sue if a bubble bursts and gets soap in their little cherub's eye.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#39]
lately ive read more stories of 12-13 year olds getting charges filed against them, than i have of adults. the police are really cleaning up the streets now!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#41]
She didn't get charged with battery for hitting her, she got charged with battery for making her feel bad, and because dodgeball is a game that has losers and that makes people feel bad
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#42]
A fat lip is no where near the daily beatings this boy will get when he gets to high school for being a little nancy-boy. His parents need a fat lip.

I wish  John Wayne was still around.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
She didn't get charged with battery for hitting her, she got charged with battery for making her feel bad, and because dodgeball is a game that has losers and that makes people feel bad

"Dodgeball is a sport of violence, exclusion, and degradation. "
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Her =
Me =

Oh please...I've been the victim of an accidental "grab" more times than I can count...we KNOW it was no accident...Just like that 6year old last week here in MA, you should be suspended for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT!!!!!

Yea, its always good to get permission as forgiveness just isn`t there any more.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#46]

We started off using tennis balls and after one student had his glasses destroyed and nearly lost an eye we switched to volleyballs.

We used a small rubber kick ball or our football coaches favorite....the towel ball.  He would take a towel, fold it up in a ball or small square and use white athletic tape to wrap it up. Right size to get some good velocity and enough weight to really pack a punch.

If todays school administrators saw the way we played "soccer" back in the day we would have been arrested for felony assault.  Think rugby crossed with smear the queer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Ya know what, guys, back in high school, one of the jocks assaulted the shit out of a kid during a volleyball game.  The jock deliberately slammed the volleyball right into the kid's nuts.  It wasn't an accident, it wasn't just competitiveness in the game, it wasn't a joke.  It was just plain cruelty against someone who deserved a hell of a lot better treatment than what the jackass did to him.

Just because it's a game doesn't give someone the right to attack an opposing player.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#48]
If that is assault, I would have been a serial killer back in my day!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any male will have to let a female kick his ass.  Can you imagine what would have happened had the boy even raised an arm in defense?  Or, gasp, laid a hand on her (let's make an assumption here, just for the example) to stop her?  No, I'll not defend any physical violence against her, but, just think of the implications.  That kid's life would be destroyed in this country!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Ban dodgeballs.  It's for the children.  The game teaches one to be hostile.

California, where banning is everything.

Max

They already did here in Texas. Any PE teacher that went to UTSA will not permit dodge ball.  This is all over the San Antonio area.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top