Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 4:20:53 AM EDT
Got stung inside my left elbow. That'll perk you right up in the morning - better than coffee.

WTF is a wasp doing in New Hampshire in February?!

I'm glad it wasn't in my drawers...

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:21:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh that SUX!!!  Guess you're not allergic since you are posting coherently, eh?

Woody
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:23:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Rodent,

You must have a wasps nest somewhere in your house.  Check the laundry room (near the vent) or perhaps in the back of your dresser.  I'm thinking 12ga with beehive rounds will do the trick.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a hell of a way to start the morning.  Did you at least kill that little bitch?

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
i had one in my bed one night a few years back. stung my toe.  i hate how they itch later!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:31:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Rodent,

You must have a wasps nest somewhere in your house.  

Greeaaat.

One of the things I liked about NH was that the winters killed EVERYTHING. I thought.

I'm going to be paranoid about getting dressed for a while.

BTW, it's amazing how fast you can get a T-shirt off when properly motivated.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#6]
That's not so bad.  Once I put on my jeans, and I felt something very scratchy on my leg.  I froze, afraid to find out what it was, but finally I managed to force myself to take the jeans off.  There, in my pant leg, was a large wolf spider.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Every TShirt I put on has a WASP in it!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:03:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I was once suprised to find a wasp in my bed in the morning. I had a lot to drink the previous night and thought she was catholic.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:09:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That's not so bad.  Once I put on my jeans, and I felt something very scratchy on my leg.  I froze, afraid to find out what it was, but finally I managed to force myself to take the jeans off.  There, in my pant leg, was a large wolf spider.

/shudder

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:11:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/shudder

+1  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:13:33 AM EDT
[#11]
That sucks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:14:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

aaahhhh!

I hate spiders...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:15:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Did it look like this?

I wonder what DrFirdge would have done?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:34:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Tagged, for the end of the Dr as we know him...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:44:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rodent,

You must have a wasps nest somewhere in your house.  

Greeaaat.

One of the things I liked about NH was that the winters killed EVERYTHING. I thought.

I'm going to be paranoid about getting dressed for a while.

BTW, it's amazing how fast you can get a T-shirt off when properly motivated.

So much there to work with...where to start......

Stay naked?
I know of better motivators????

<mulling...mulling>
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:46:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did it look like this?

img67.imageshack.us/img67/1332/wolfspider4ho.jpg

You suck!
WTF!
No Bug pictures! It...it...VIOLATES THE CofC and will get you permenantly BANNED. Ed said so
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#17]
This is why your mother told you to put your laundry away.  

The teeshirt was on the floor.  Yes, it was.  Don't backtalk me.  

Your car priveleges have been revoked until you clean up your room AND the garage.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:59:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did it look like this?

img67.imageshack.us/img67/1332/wolfspider4ho.jpg

You suck!
WTF!
No Bug pictures! It...it...VIOLATES THE CofC and will get you permenantly BANNED. Ed said so

Just let me know if you want me to post more.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#19]
You should have drawn down!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:20:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This is why your mother told you to put your laundry away.  

The teeshirt was on the floor.  Yes, it was.  Don't backtalk me.  

I'm taking the fifth amendment.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:23:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

A friend in Zimbabwe walked into her kitchen one night, and felt something wet spray on her leg. She stopped, paused, then took another step towards the light switch. Something wet sprayed her leg again. She backed out of the kitchen and got a flashlight. Spitting cobra.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A friend in Zimbabwe walked into her kitchen one night, and felt something wet spray on her leg. She stopped, paused, then took another step towards the light switch. Something wet sprayed her leg again. She backed out of the kitchen and got a flashlight. Spitting cobra.

We had King Cobra on the plantation when my parents lived in Malaysia.  The consensus was that the venom would kill in about an hour, which was a real problem considering that the hospital with the antivenon was in Singapore, 3 hours away.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That would have put me in quite the conundrum.....

Shoot my kitchen full of holes or sell my house.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We had King Cobra on the plantation when my parents lived in Malaysia.  The consensus was that the venom would kill in about an hour, which was a real problem considering that the hospital with the antivenon was in Singapore, 3 hours away.  

Yep, that would be a problem
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Have you ever seen the film footage of the fertility rite of women in Burma KISSING King Cobras on the head?

To see it makes one's blood run instantly cold.

As for a spitting cobra in the kitchen, well, hopefully the pool of urine I left behind would deprive the snake of traction while I fetched my shotgun/pitchfork/flame thrower.

Oh, and in the spirit of oneupmanship I would like to state that one morning I slipped on cat vomit and fell down a flight of stairs.  My face broke my fall, so no big deal.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
... well, hopefully the pool of urine I left behind would deprive the snake of traction while I fetched my shotgun/pitchfork/flame thrower.

Oh, and in the spirit of oneupmanship I would like to state that one morning I slipped on cat vomit and fell down a flight of stairs.  My face broke my fall, so no big deal.

Cheesebeast, since you're almost as funny as me, you're now an official member of my brain trust.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
<snippage>

Just let me know if you want me to post more.

You sir are one step to the left of Evil.

I can almost admire that....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Have you ever seen the film footage of the fertility rite of women in Burma KISSING King Cobras on the head?

To see it makes one's blood run instantly cold.

As for a spitting cobra in the kitchen, well, hopefully the pool of urine I left behind would deprive the snake of traction while I fetched my shotgun/pitchfork/flame thrower.

I....can't....BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top