Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 4:04:09 AM EDT

Who ever it was, it doesn't look like they got anything. We don't keep valuables in the car. The glove compartments contents were all over the front seats. And some bank reciepts were on the floor.

And now it looks like the moron left one of their gloves in my wifes van.

AND just a few minutes ago, my wife saw someone pull into our driveway, start to open their door, then quickly shut their door and took off. They probably realized they left their glove and came back to get it. I'd bet it was the person going around checking out peoples cars for money or perscription drugs.

We live in a very quiet, decent community where crime is not that common. Last time my home was broken into was when I was a kid 34 years ago. Some neighborhood kids broke into my parents house and stole what they could to support their drug habit.

I feel violated. And pissed! We just got a call from the officer, someone else in the neighborhood had their car broken into last night as well. They are going to stop by and pick up the glove. This is probably not a random incident and is probably someone on meth looking for anything they can get to support their habit. I am sure there will be more of this. Now I am worried for my families safety. If they are willing to break into cars while you are home, what's to stop them from taking the next step and breaking into the house when we are home? Nothing.

Lessons that I am learning...

1) I know what it feels like to have someone have no respect for you or your property. And what it must feel like when a house gets broken into. Our cars are parked 40 feet from our bedroom windows.
2) Criminals are stupid and it there's going to be hell to pay if this/these people try to move to the next step. Looks like I'll be packing 24/7 from now on.
3) You never think something is going to happen to you.

I hope they catch this asshole.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Were you car doors unlocked?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:25:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Were you car doors unlocked?

Stupid is as stupid does...yep.

Never felt like this would start happening around here. Guess I was wrong.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I was gonna say OJ did it

thats his modus operandi, leave a glove, commit crime in a nice neighborhood...

oh wait, he was innocent, never mind.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:39:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

OJ did it for sure!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OJ did it for sure!

You sure it wasn't Michael Jackson? I think we found his other glove.

Update: Two men hit every house they could in my neighborhood. And we believe it was those two that tried to come back for their glove this mourning. Upon seeing my wife in the kitchen window looking out, they took off like a shot. I have to believe it was them. They stopped at the end of the drive way, the passenger started to get out, they saw my wife, the passenger got back into the car and they took off.

No wonder criminals get caught. Freakin morons.

Now I have to come up with a sign to place in my cars. How about this...

You hit us once already, I'm not going to make it easy if you try it again.

If you are looking for your glove dipshit, it's at the County Sheriffs department. You can pick it up there.

And one last thing...if you have any thoughts of doing anything else, are you willing to give up your life to try it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a pill container.
Print up a 'Oxycontin' label.
Fill with your choice - I'm not saying what because of COC) of pills and leave in your car.
Watch news reports after car is broken into again.

Note: wipe fingerprints off container before leaving in car.

Fritz
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Get a pill container.
Print up a 'Oxycontin' label.
Fill with your choice - I'm not saying what because of COC) of pills and leave in your car.
Watch news reports after car is broken into again.

Note: wipe fingerprints off container before leaving in car.

Fritz

Ooooooo, good idea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top