Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 10:15:06 PM EDT
I posted a 50 round 10/22 magazine for sale and got a response from someone who had a few questions about reliability and then said they'd buy it.  I just got the M.O. today with the address of the buyer and he lives in California.  As far as I know anything over a 10 is outlawed in CA.  He seemed quite sincere and even had a couple of questions.  He also never mentioned living in California before I received the M.O.  Could this be the BATF, or am I just being paranoid?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]
IANAL, but I doubt it's the ATF.

The mag restriction is a callifornia law, not federal.

And I'm not sure there's any penalty for you sending a magazine to CA - just on them receiving it.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You're probably too paranoid. Or not paranoid enough. Hard to tell.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Return the money order and inform the sender of his state laws...

No crime, no reason to be paranoid.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Return the money order and inform the sender of his state laws...

No crime, no reason to be paranoid.

+1
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I could be mistaken, but I think the over ten round ban on mags only refers to centerfire.

Roy
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]
What's IANAL?

I would send the MO back, but to be honest, who wants a 50 round ramline magazine.  They're not very reliable.  He's buying it for the first price I posted it for.

In a way isn't me selling a 50 rounder to a shooter in CA quite similar to the deffiance of the British by the colonists.  Maybe I'm just a patriot...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#7]
did he ask for it as replacement parts for another magazine? if so, disassemble it and send it off. You're not going to get in trouble. If he just wants a new magazine, tell him to go away as it's illegal for HIM to import it.

The BATFE has nothing to do with enforcing state laws, however.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#8]
California cannot nail you for violating california law if you're in another state.   It's not federal, so dont worry about it.   It's venue, and they aint got it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]
IANAL = I am not a lawyer.

I'm not one either and if it were me I would send it to him.

He would be the one breaking his state's law, you arent breaking any of your own states laws.

Fuck California.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#10]
OFFascist, you pretty much summed up my thoughts after reading some of these replies.  Screw CA!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#11]
You can never be to paranoid
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#12]
 I would mail it and not give it a second thought. Just don't mail it to me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
California cannot nail you for violating california law if you're in another state.   It's not federal, so dont worry about it.   It's venue, and they aint got it.

The Kalifornicators in State .Gooberment are threatening to prosecute out-of-state gun dealers if the sell a high-cap mag to a Kalifornication victim citizen.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:49:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Send the mag...
 I wouldnt put a return address on the package, just to be on the safe side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top