Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 5:17:52 PM EDT
So first off today after class I headed out with my dad to the local Sears Hardware. Dad has a chopsaw that is under five year extended warranty and it has failed for the 2nd time.  At Sears Hardware the salesman tells him that the saw is discontinued and his choices are 1)go to their repair shop and get it repaired, or 2)they'll call another store and see if they can get a saw put on hold for my dad.  So the sales guy looks it up, only two stores have them.  

So he calls the store and while he's on hold he starts telling about the fact that the Sears Hardware stores are getting less and less tool-oriented since K-Mart took over, and since that the store is more overridden with appliances and stuff like that rather than tools, and what tools they do have are more for the average mechanic rather than the person that does it for a living.  

So finally there's one store(Sears dept. store/not Sears Hardware)that has the saw, so we go there.  But first the people there start laying down some lines to the effect of "Sears does not do exchanges for Sears Hardware.) But my dad starts pushing with them because he has a warranty.  So finally he gets it.

We're then off to dinner and Denny's.  I order a "Mushroom Swiss burger."  I get a burger with onions and brown sauce and no bun.  I ask the waitress, and she checks the receipt.  I did get a mushroom swiss burger.  But she didn't have a pad to write the stuff down.It would be a lot easier to write stuff down and it would save a lot on mess-ups.  

Where does Chucky fit into the rant? Oh yeah, a friend of mine that has a class with me was gone for a couple days, I told a friend of mine that knows him that I was copying notes for class for him and I also had to do another class-related favor for him.  So I get an e-mail from the guy taht I copied the notes from.  Now he has started in on the Chuck Norris joke routine with me and another friend before.(Little background info) So he wrote into the signature of his e-mail "In the beginning there was nothing, Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked that and said "Get a job."  So I write back to him and say "Fuck Chuck Norris and the horse he rode in on."

Okay rant mode disengaged.  Thanks.  Sorry it's kind of long.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Chuck Norris's Girlfriend once asked him, "how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?" Chuck Norris Screamed "How dare you rhyme in my presence?!?!" And ripped her throat out. As he was holding her bloody throat in her hand, he said, "Don't Fuck with the Chuck!"
2 Years and 3 months later he realized the irony of this statement and laughed so loud everyone within a 12 mile radius went deaf.
^^^^^^^^^the Best Chuck Norris *FACT*^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol..
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Fact? I say not.  Even Chuck Norris knows you all lie about him. He said so on his web site.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/thedoctors308/logitech.jpg

what does nationwide have to do with this?

are you nationwide's troll account I'm just kidding...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No offense man but I'd rather you not post in threads if you don't like them.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
You had better duck, cause you got a roundhouse comin your way.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Bah.

My cat is more tough than Chuck Norris.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No offense man but I'd rather you not post in threads if you don't like them.  

No offense taken.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay but I'd appreciate it if you gave the trolling comments a rest.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
WHY ARE YOU POSTING HERE!?!?!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]
OK, I had to post just to break up the whole "every other post is Deej's" thing...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Okay but I'd appreciate it if you gave the trolling comments a rest.  

just giving credit where credit is due.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#14]
15 minutes of my life gone forever - but since its gone - here's a funny

groups.myspace.com/wwcndwhatwouldchucknorrisdo
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bah.

My cat is more tough than Chuck Norris.  

Oh, you are sooo going to get it. You deserve everything you get.

Chuck Norris is going to mail you letter stating that he is going to kick your ass. When that letter arrives, you are going to open it up and it will read, "Hi, I'm Chuck Norris and I am going to roundhouse kick you back to infancy". You will laugh and you will chuckle. Then you will look up from the letter and there he will be, Chuck Norris. He will say to you, " Hi, I'm Chuck Norris and I'm going to kick your ass". Thus beginning the roundhouse ass kickery. Don't say that you weren't warned.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I seriously am begining to wonder just how much of AR15.com's bandwith has been wasted by deej...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
15 minutes of my life gone

You read THAT slow?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
15 minutes of my life gone

Don't click on my thread if you didn't want to waste time reading it.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
15 minutes of my life gone forever - but since its gone - here's a funny

groups.myspace.com/wwcndwhatwouldchucknorrisdo

bless you child, i couldn't imagine anything possibly good coming from this thread, and here it is.....a chuck norris webpage
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#20]
OK for 1 this is a forum, 2 its in GD. Therefore people will click and make comments. If you cant handle what peolpe have to say, maybe YOU shouldnt be "clicking" the submit button.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Whenever I begin to do some serious maintenance work on one of my tanks (and the bigger the tank the more often this happens) I always expect to find something weird here’n there: a suction a cup (used to fix electrical services) fallen at the bottom and impossible to reach previously (even knowing where it was!), lots of waste matter (food, tiny pieces of wood and … the rest), a broken elastic band used to "fix" zucchini to stone (and feed loricarids) and some times the remainders of a M.I.A. (missing in action) which may become a K.I.A. (killed in action) fish: aka bones of a fish disappeared weeks (or months ago). Almost all my tank can handle, because of filter(s) size, a corpse of a given size thus – even if I would never suggest this to anybody – if the poor fellow is not in sight for some time I leave the filter’s bacteria and the scavenger team to finish the job … (warning: be extremely cautious with fish suspected or proven to be ill, especially when carrying a contagious disease…)

This being said one given day I decided to remove – from the main tak - a large, reddish, granite slate (and the two rocks above it) since there was a possibility of them falling and replace them with a large "Mopani Bogwood"; a leftover of the activity going on in the amazon tank. When I grabbed the slate to remove it I felt under my finger something "plushy" and I said to myself "here we go".. Indeed, this "something" proved to be a Paratilapia polleni (the smaller of the group) which I hadn't seen since my return from our holidays (August 26th 2003). I lifted the slate waiting for the corpse, while to my surprise what proved to be a fish "moved" away. It was alive ! Badly wounded – most it was trapped under the slate when it tried to escape from another fish. Its lateral fins were almost completely torn away … the poor fellow started to float in the tank, immediately chased by the rest of the gang hoping for a "fresh meat" meal. It took me seconds to net him and move that unfortunate fish to another tank. It was really difficult to identify the fish as a P. polleni: it had an overall dull gray, with missing fins, two/three bad wounds and a swollen belly) but in the end – considering the history of the tank during the last one and a half year – it couldn’t be different …IT should be a Paratilapia polleni!!!

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I like the Chicken Fried Steak / Mashed Potatoes from Denny's.  It's really good.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I like the Chicken Fried Steak / Mashed Potatoes from Denny's.  It's really good.

I like their Moons over MyHammy.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
OK for 1 this is a forum, 2 its in GD. Therefore people will click and make comments. If you cant handle what peolpe have to say, maybe YOU shouldnt be "clicking" the submit button.

but he clicks it like 22 times a day...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but he clicks it like 22 times a day...

heh.
click.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Damn, thats kinda cool.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#29]

*walks away whistling*
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn that sign, it's going to follow this site until a new fad is coming...oh the hell with it I'm seriously through with this thread.  Sorry I wasted y'all's time.  Carry on, nothing else to see here.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/thedoctors308/logitech2.jpg

*walks away whistling*

Well done.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
What a train wreck of a thread.

Quoted:
oh the hell with it I'm seriously through with this thread.  Sorry I wasted y'all's time.  Carry on, nothing else to see here.  

Its a full moon.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
What a train wreck of a thread.

Quoted:
oh the hell with it I'm seriously through with this thread.  Sorry I wasted y'all's time.  Carry on, nothing else to see here.  

no shit... btw deej, based on the abysmal signal/noise ratio of your posts, you have almost 11,000 other apologies to do... get on it.    
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, thats kinda cool.....

all hail bastiat!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:46:59 AM EDT
[#37]
And another deej86 post fades away
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:17:39 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
And another deej86 post fades away

Nah, not until he asks for it to be locked. Which should be soon.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Denny's.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Denny's.

It's no Waffle House, but it'll do in a pinch.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#41]
If that is all that is stressful in your life, you are doing pretty good.

Being interrupted on Monday from 24 to goto my mother's birthday dinner... NOW THAT IS STRESSFUL!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Awesome!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Oh, Oh!!

IBTLATOR!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#44]
I can't belive you actually took the time to make that bastiat.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#45]
....mmmmm mushroom swiss burger.......
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Denny's.

It's no Waffle House, but it'll do in a pinch.

Mmmm Waffle House.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top