Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 3:59:01 PM EDT
What did the bush Team say about McCain that was not true?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Thought they just aired his voting record like SKerry's?  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thought they just aired his voting record like SKerry's?  

I've heard they may have made some phone calls to South Carolina residents claiming McCain had a black son/daughter during the primaries. I think he actually does have an adopted kid. Anyway, that's just what I've heard, never really looked into it. Anyone able to verify this?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember seeng McCain shaming Bush in a debate for circulating flyers that attacked his military record or something.  

It got pretty heated.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Since McCain has shown himself to be a crooked opportunist and an enemy of freedom, why should we believe his side of this story.

Please, someone know what Hanoi John got his tong in a knot about?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#5]
They bitched about his black adopted daughter. Everythings fair game when your mr.rove
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Bush talked about the other candidates the same way they talked about him.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm still waiting for a link or some sort of evidence.  So far, nothing.  I'm starting to believe that the Bush Team didn't do anything to Capt. Queeg of the Good State Arizona other than open his mouth and lose.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.iht.com/articles/2000/02/29/bush.2.t_9.php.....and......http://www.publicintegrity.org/report.aspx?aid=194

there you go......unfortunately, I can't make them "hot"...next time, take some initiative and do your own research....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#9]
It was a media issue.

There was a "Concerned Catholic Voter fund" that was calling people telling them that McCain did not support something and they should vote for Bush in the Republican Primary of South Carolina.

Also there was a Rebel Flag issue then.

The media also blasted Bush for speaking at Bob Jones University.

A big much a do about nothing. McCain was the media's darling (other than Gore) and they did not like GWB.

Not much has changed since 2006
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#10]
We tore McCain a new asshole here in '00  Hopefully we'll do it again in '08
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]
This is John McCain's family including his adopted daughter.

Some POS started a "whispering" campaign about this daughter.  As far as I'm concerned, family members are off limits - even in politics....especially very young family members who won't understand why their existance is being used against their father.

I remember the uproar here when Senator Edwards and Kerry kept bringing up VP Cheney's lesbian daughter as though it was somehow relevant to any issue when clearly they were just attempting the exact same tactic.

I just hope that GWB didn't have knowledge of this little bit of political slimeyness.  I like to think that he's above that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Who's we?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This is John McCain's family including his adopted daughter.

unquietmind.com/images3/mccain_family.jpg

Some POS started a "whispering" campaign about this daughter.  As far as I'm concerned, family members are off limits - even in politics....especially very young family members who won't understand why their existance is being used against their father.

I remember the uproar here when Senator Edwards and Kerry kept bringing up VP Cheney's lesbian daughter as though it was somehow relevant to any issue when clearly they were just attempting the exact same tactic.

I just hope that GWB didn't have knowledge of this little bit of political slimeyness.  I like to think that he's above that.

Like not letting Cheneys lesbian daughter on stage with them.  Sorry thats a shitty thing for a parent or friend to do.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I looked at those two links mentioned above.  McCain was called out on his anti-right-wing-Evangelical comments and because they struck home, he feigned outrage.  McCain sucked up to the Catholics in a state he needed and gored the Evangelicals in the process.  He was caught and then screamed about being treated unfairly.

McCain is an enemy of free people.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's we?

The conservative political machine in the great state of SC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top