Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 3:28:37 PM EDT
At least 4-5 times when I've cut myself where stiches would been required... nothing major, biggest gash probably would have taken 5-6 stiches (body grinder kicked back and caught me in the thigh). Smallest probably would have taken 2-3.

Slipped on the stairs once and messed up my ankle. Hurt like hell but I could still walk (even though I actually heard the sound of muscle/ligaments being seperated). Wasn't till the next day that it had swollen up and I had to scoot on my ass down 3 flights of stairs so my GF could take me to the hospital.

Hit my knee pretty damn hard with a hammer while beating a tailpipe from a muffler. The pain was so intense that I almost threw-up. Next day I was fine, but my knee was pretty damn sore and a lovely shade of purple for a awhile.

I'm not afraid of hospitals or doctors, I'm just to damn lazy and/or impatient to wait in the ER for 6-8 hours
until I'm seen by someone.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Many times.  Hospitals bother me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I've been vomiting profusely, blood is leaking out of my rectum, and my skin's turned an odd pale grey with blue mottling, but I'm pretty sure some dayquil will take care of it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I simply refuse to go to the hospital or a doctor unless I fear that death is imminent without medical intervention. I give myself stitches, patch myself up, and send me on my way.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, since I'm still alive, NO

Have I not gone when others probably WOULD have?  Well, yeah.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]

If I had gone to see a doctor after I injured my knee I'd still be a runner, as opposed to needing surgery a few years later and being told that my running days are over.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Lots of times . No insurance and better things to spend the money on .
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I had an inch and a half long by half inch deep gash on my hand (utility knife cut), I fixed it at home with super glue.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Dentist.
Lost half a temporary filling, tooth cracked in half.  Now I have a bridge where the tooth used to be
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Generally I make a habit out of avoiding the hospital by any means nessesary.(sp?)  Only time I've ever gone to the ER was when I seperated my shoulder last year when sking.  I did that reluctanly since I wasn't sure I didn't break my clavicle.  I didn't go to the doc for 2 days after I tore 3 ligaments adn a muscle in my left knee...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes and it turned out to be cancer..
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#11]
yes, and the next thing I remember was them trying to find a vein and couldn't because I was so dehydrated, oops almost died
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#12]
chainsaw cut ( i do tree removal, chain came off bar and got me )  cure??? super glue.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup, many occasions. Food poisoning from oysters (x2), cuts, punctures, fractures, muscle strain/sprains, twisted ankle, whack to the head, spider bite, bee/wasp stings, and a bunch of other stuff. I don't go because I usually just tough it out, and unless there is major blood loss or an actual broken bone, its a waste of time to sit in an ER waiting room for God knows how long before I'm actually seen and then the treatment will probably consist of something I already know about and have available at home. (I guess that makes me a cheap bastard)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top