Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 2:10:16 PM EDT
I'm shopping at a SuperWalmart a few miles from my home when I walk thru the sporting goods area and check out whats what(clearance, etc...)  I take a quick look in the display case for knives and see the Kershaw assisted opening knives are all marked "Not Available" which is confusing as I just bought one at another Walmart in the area the other day.

I ask the clerk, " Were the Kershaws removed because of legal issues with the county or state?"  She says, "No.   A cop told our manager that they were dangerous, so he removed them from the display...they're not for sale here anymore."  I was confused as they are not illegal under MI state law and tell the clerk this. She rolls her eyes and says, "...yeah we thought so, but the manager told us to remove them...he's checking with the home office about it."

How sad.  A legal item is removed from the shelves because a police officer decided to take issue with an item he considered dangerous, while being completely legal.  And the manager to go along with it....sad.

On a side note, the store I bought mine from is in Wayne County....a Democratic stronghold and NOT a pro sportsman/hunter/2nd amendment political system while the store that removed the items is in Howell....out in the country where I would have assumed a more conservative group resides....strange.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I suggest trying to find out the officer's name and writing a letter to the editor politely suggesting that the officer mind his own f@*&ing business.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The exact same thing happened here in Wa. A cop came in to one walmart and told them they were illegal. The next day he brought back a copy of the law. They were pulled off the shelf of almost every walmart in western Wa. Home office checked into it, and decided that cop was full of it. They are now back for sale.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Why don't people just mind their own damn buisness, especially when they are wrong.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you tell them the guns they sell are dangerous too? How about the other knives they sell? WHAT ABOUT THE BASEBALL BATS! FOR GOD'S SAKE THINK OF THE BATS!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why don't people just mind their own damn buisness, especially when they are wrong.

A huge +1
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
i swear to God, i am this close to losing it..................
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Police officers ENFORCE the LAWS

They DON"T MAKE THEM!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]
At least that cop went through the checkout line safely. That's all that really matters.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#9]
"The law is what I say it is!"
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Better to be stabbed with a big butcher knife than to be shanked with a Kershaw assisted opening knife!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Did you tell them the guns they sell are dangerous too? How about the other knives they sell? WHAT ABOUT THE BASEBALL BATS! FOR GOD'S SAKE THINK OF THE BATS!

Bats!?!?! How about floor wax. You could really skin your knee badly if you slipped on a freshly waxed floor!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Took em off the shelves here too.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Most frustrating point for me?  I AM A COP!  I would never have thought of sticking my nose into this...what the "F" do I care?!?!  They are legal and thats that. Besides...I want them too!

I wouldn't be suprised if it was a reserve officer, not a fulltimer....but who knows!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#14]
EVERYBODY IS A BUSYBODY!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"The law is what I say it is!"

And if you help us out and sign this, the judge will see you were cooperating, and it'll really help out your case, you don't need an attorney...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top