Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 12:19:36 PM EDT
Here's the link:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44140717
Looks like there have been many satisfied U.S. bidders. I know of one individual who has dealt with this guy a couple years ago and got exactly what the auction stated. Didn't think you could reimport stuff like this without a Form 6. Could be wrong. Anyway, your thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, man. Being an idiot does not make for an easy life sometimes!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably because it is demilled.  It's a part's set, and can't be made into a gun.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here's the link:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44140717
Looks like there have been many satisfied U.S. bidders. I know of one individual who has dealt with this guy a couple years ago and got exactly what the auction stated. Didn't think you could reimport stuff like this without a Form 6. Could be wrong. Anyway, your thoughts?

Did you notice the last picture?

As far as I understand it, the entire receiver (and other parts) will be chopped into pieces before it is shipped to the U.S., and you'd received a box of incomplete spare parts for a thompson.

It's not a firearm.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I noticed the picture, but I'm having a hard time understanding how the reciever could be okay with nice clean saw cuts like that. I thought they had to be torch cut.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah, I noticed the picture, but I'm having a hard time understanding how the reciever could be okay with nice clean saw cuts like that. I thought they had to be torch cut.

Yup , the ATF would not be very happy if they found out about that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top